Author Topic: NC West FB Page  (Read 19159 times)

Tanklet

• Boss
Re: NC West FB Page
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2013, 01:11:00 AM »
Depends. They may tire but its probably someone's job to maintain that page. The other side at least with personal pages people got banned permanent rim facebook for doing stuff like that. It may or may not work same way for pages of that type.

Agreed - hence my OP caveat of not wanting to violate FB EULA.

There may be those that don't agree with consistent posting on NC's FB pages, but frankly, IMO completely silent protesting just isn't protesting at all.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2013, 01:24:27 AM »
Agreed - hence my OP caveat of not wanting to violate FB EULA.

There may be those that don't agree with consistent posting on NC's FB pages, but frankly, IMO completely silent protesting just isn't protesting at all.

There is a very thin line between protest and rioting.

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 01:46:13 AM »
There is a very thin line between protest and rioting.

Granted - and, from what I've seen, that line's been towed well.
So ....

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 02:00:25 AM »
Granted - and, from what I've seen, that line's been towed well.
So ....
Yup.

Beltor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 02:02:17 AM »
This and recent (possibly manufactured) rumors about the Paragon shutdown being the fault of PS and not NC$oft, as well as several other recent events with NC and Cryptic sounds like setting up for a major change to NCWest. I recall hearing that NC$oft was going to change NCWest and make it a separate and independent company for their western franchises. This could be just part of a move to get rid of COH once and for all so they can focus on other things without being bothered by the community (not just Titans). This action is obviously not a permanent or lasting solution to their PR nightmare. Expect something more to happen. I'm just not sure what.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2013, 04:01:54 AM »
This and recent (possibly manufactured) rumors about the Paragon shutdown being the fault of PS and not NC$oft, as well as several other recent events with NC and Cryptic sounds like setting up for a major change to NCWest. I recall hearing that NC$oft was going to change NCWest and make it a separate and independent company for their western franchises. This could be just part of a move to get rid of COH once and for all so they can focus on other things without being bothered by the community (not just Titans). This action is obviously not a permanent or lasting solution to their PR nightmare. Expect something more to happen. I'm just not sure what.

Well according to a Korean gamer site, the holding company went in full effect Monday at the start of this quarter.  And if you believe what Google Translate spat out, the wife of one of the VPs is in charge of it.

http://news.mt.co.kr/mtview.php?no=2013040115334676490&type=2&sec=tech  (it's in Korean)
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Lucretia MacEvil

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2013, 04:14:13 AM »
3rd, we aren't their customers any more   

Not on our terms.
I, for one, was willing to give them money as long as I could play CoX.
They ruined that, and now I'm irritated at them, so I'm gonna let them know it.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2013, 04:24:03 AM »
Not on our terms.

out of sheer morbid curiosity, after you let them know it, then what?

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2013, 04:57:15 AM »
Hey, if riot groups can run around and smash windows over things that happened more than a decade ago, I think what we're doing is pretty fricking harmless.

Besides, if NCsoft is concerned about the survivability of a game because of rants on a facebook page, they've got much bigger things to worry about than us.

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2013, 07:43:03 AM »
Hey, if riot groups can run around and smash windows over things that happened more than a decade ago, I think what we're doing is pretty fricking harmless.

Besides, if NCsoft is concerned about the survivability of a game because of rants on a facebook page, they've got much bigger things to worry about than us.

Not A Facebook page, one of their Facebook pages.  Big difference.

Do you think Coke's page allows posts denouncing it for Pepsi?  Or Apple allowing posts about working conditions in China on their page?  No difference. 

Nothing to see here, move along.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

P51mus

• Boss
  • aka Pitho
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2013, 08:08:28 AM »
Not A Facebook page, one of their Facebook pages.  Big difference.

Do you think Coke's page allows posts denouncing it for Pepsi?  Or Apple allowing posts about working conditions in China on their page?  No difference. 

Nothing to see here, move along.

No, but restaurants get angry comments from customers on their facebook pages when they do something like, say, fire a server for posting a picture of a horrible comment someone that refuses to tip put on a receipt.  And I haven't heard of those restaurants banning anyone from their pages from that (although they might and I haven't heard about it, but I think the internet would've gotten even more angry over those incidents if they did).

We're not fans of another product disparaging them on their page over fanboy stuff, it's calling them out for something horrible they've done.

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2013, 10:13:05 AM »
Not on our terms.

qft

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2013, 10:14:47 AM »
out of sheer morbid curiosity, after you let them know it, then what?

I, for one, keep letting them know it.

Like once a week, maybe more, maybe less, depending on how I feel that day.

Tanklet

• Boss
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2013, 10:15:35 AM »
No, but restaurants get angry comments from customers on their facebook pages when they do something like, say, fire a server for posting a picture of a horrible comment someone that refuses to tip put on a receipt.  And I haven't heard of those restaurants banning anyone from their pages from that (although they might and I haven't heard about it, but I think the internet would've gotten even more angry over those incidents if they did).

We're not fans of another product disparaging them on their page over fanboy stuff, it's calling them out for something horrible they've done.

+1

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2013, 10:18:55 AM »
Anyone upholding standards or laws in modern society is the bad guy.

Gandhi understood this perfectly.

Gandhi understood that people who uphold unjust laws are part of the problem.  There is a very big difference between that and what you put.

Copyright laws are around to protect peoples intellectual property, if people didn't steal other peoples property there would be no need for copyright laws.

And while some laws are unjust and stupid that doesn't mean all laws are and should be ignored.  Gandhi wouldn't want people breaking the law against murder.

OP:  I am surprised it took them as long as it did to be honest.  Most companies would do that.  If we started comment bombing sears they would ban our comments as well.  At the very least it means people are being heard.  And I suppose it's a good thing that a NCSoft related site did it and not some website that is impartial.

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2013, 10:43:41 AM »
The copyright laws have also been pushed to such an extreme extent that they're not really protecting the interests of authors anymore, but rather of corporations who have publishing licenses for their works.
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

Kistulot

• Elite Boss
  • Argentum Weritas Est!
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2013, 11:06:48 AM »
Not to mention copywrite was to protect an author so their work wouldn't be turned around and used against them.

To encourage innovation.

Does someones great grandchildren really need to benefit from royalties? I'm not being cold in this. The money one makes from something truly creative can be used to build a great foundation for a family.

"Happy birthday" still getting royalty checks is bloody reduckulous.
Woo! - Argent Girl

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2013, 02:06:57 PM »
I, for one, keep letting them know it.

Like once a week, maybe more, maybe less, depending on how I feel that day.
Until exactly what is accomplished? Or rather what would you like to see accomplished? What is the goal?

Now now before the U word is started to be tossed around I'm nit asking looking for trouble. I just have a haunch.

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2013, 02:16:28 PM »
Until exactly what is accomplished? Or rather what would you like to see accomplished? What is the goal?

Now now before the U word is started to be tossed around I'm nit asking looking for trouble. I just have a haunch.

While I did this only a little bit back in the day, I think there's nothing wrong with anyone doing this so long as they are being respectful. At the very least they're keeping our community and CoH in their heads. What does that accomplish? Who knows, but it may one day be enough to get a thought stirring in the right person's head to make something good happen.

I've read a lot of articles about how social media has tipped the scales toward consumers in the past few years. Stories about people getting screwed by a company, taking their fight to twitter and the company immediately responding and righting the situation. When a company makes a page on a social media they're saying "We're here to interact with people." Thing is, as opposed to a commercial we all watch, the interaction goes two ways, giving consumers the power to interact with the company.

No company wants their name trending in a bad way on twitter, and they don't want to think whenever something is put on facebook they'll be reminded of a past wrong. If nothing else, we're making NCsoft SERIOUSLY reconsider closing any future games because of all the problems closing CoH caused and is still causing for them.

I think anyone doing this should be professional and understand what they post will reflect on our community. Outside of that condition I say go ahead, let 'em know we're still here.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2013, 02:47:38 PM »
While I did this only a little bit back in the day, I think there's nothing wrong with anyone doing this so long as they are being respectful. At the very least they're keeping our community and CoH in their heads. What does that accomplish? Who knows, but it may one day be enough to get a thought stirring in the right person's head to make something good happen.

I've read a lot of articles about how social media has tipped the scales toward consumers in the past few years. Stories about people getting screwed by a company, taking their fight to twitter and the company immediately responding and righting the situation. When a company makes a page on a social media they're saying "We're here to interact with people." Thing is, as opposed to a commercial we all watch, the interaction goes two ways, giving consumers the power to interact with the company.

No company wants their name trending in a bad way on twitter, and they don't want to think whenever something is put on facebook they'll be reminded of a past wrong. If nothing else, we're making NCsoft SERIOUSLY reconsider closing any future games because of all the problems closing CoH caused and is still causing for them.

I think anyone doing this should be professional and understand what they post will reflect on our community. Outside of that condition I say go ahead, let 'em know we're still here.
Yup. That is why I hard time wrapping my head around viewing this as a war. Action? Yes. War? Well just about every war, have a clear objective. I.e to take the land, or prevent invasion, quell invasion etc. and every action is to move closer to the mission objective.

Yet here it don't look like there is a defined point where it can be said mission accomplished.  Looks like for example, expressing displeasure on social media and trying to steer potential customers from them will continue no matter what happens even if in theory Ncsoft sells the IP or even flip the switch hire all of paragon studios and continue in as if it a Aug. 29th