Author Topic: Help Guy Pefect (the Sentinel/Sentinel+ Guy)  (Read 75082 times)

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Re: Help Guy Pefect (the Sentinel/Sentinel+ Guy)
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2013, 03:43:50 PM »

Today's trip leads us to Childress, TX. Then I'll nearly be there!

Lightslinger

• Elite Boss
  • @Lightslinger, Virtue
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2013, 04:05:06 PM »
Things are tight here too but as soon as I can in March I'll be sending something your way Guy. Thanks for all you've done for our game (and it's hopefully not too far away future). You're one of CoH's real heroes, thanks man and good luck.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2013, 04:26:30 PM »
I donated what I could.  Good luck in Texas!!!!  I hope all goes well.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2013, 04:27:20 PM »
So quick update: Once Guy gets to Texas, he's going to have to arrange for transportation.  In the immediate future, that means he'll probably rent a car to get around for a few days.  In the longer term, though, he's going to be looking for a cheap car or, per his preference, a minivan (in his words, "it provides storage, transportation AND shelter") to buy.  If you live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and have a vehicle or know someone who has a vehicle that they're looking to unload, let us know!

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2013, 04:50:15 PM »
So quick update: Once Guy gets to Texas, he's going to have to arrange for transportation.  In the immediate future, that means he'll probably rent a car to get around for a few days.  In the longer term, though, he's going to be looking for a cheap car or, per his preference, a minivan (in his words, "it provides storage, transportation AND shelter") to buy.  If you live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and have a vehicle or know someone who has a vehicle that they're looking to unload, let us know!
did he specify a price range? There are many vans in the Dallas area but cheap is a relative term.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2013, 05:09:12 PM »
did he specify a price range? There are many vans in the Dallas area but cheap is a relative term.

No, other than specifying that he's looking for a minvan, he hasn't really said much about price or other preferences. But you know, I suspect the cheaper, the better.  Knowing Guy, he won't be too picky.  He's just looking to get by as cheaply as he can.  Here's a snippet of actual conversation from Tuesday:

Quote from: TonyV
What about hookers and cocaine?  You probably haven't even thought out how much hookers and cocaine costs in planning your budget.
Quote from: Guy Perfect
I can do without that for now.

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2013, 05:27:17 PM »
No, other than specifying that he's looking for a minvan, he hasn't really said much about price or other preferences. But you know, I suspect the cheaper, the better.  Knowing Guy, he won't be too picky.  He's just looking to get by as cheaply as he can.  Here's a snippet of actual conversation from Tuesday:
lol in repards to the conversation.

Alright, I'll keep a look out on some good minivans he can check out.

blackjak

• Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2013, 05:36:12 PM »
Yeah...I rock 2 minivans. It's good in case you get kicked out and have to live in it....down by the river... ;D
Virtue: Moonsun, Dynamo Jr., Crimson Fury, Sabre Kat, Double Sixxes, Quantum Stranger, Mystic Kirin, Pink.Eye Champion: Blackjak, Redwing Blackbird Justice: Shield Marshal Guardian: White Talon Triumph: Gosuto Union: Stellar Girl

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2013, 05:50:28 PM »
Quote from: TonyV

What about hookers and cocaine?  You probably haven't even thought out how much hookers and cocaine costs in planning your budget.

Quote from: Guy Perfect

I can do without that for now.
Are you certain Guy wasn't saying he could do without planning a budget?

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2013, 06:13:57 PM »
Are you certain Guy wasn't saying he could do without planning a budget?

To be fair, it is difficult to fit those two items into a detailed budget. I mean which one is recreation and which one is office supplies? Can you claim a portion on your taxes? Nono, it's much easier to just lump them under miscellaneous household expenses and be done with it.

Kriiden

• Lieutenant
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2013, 06:48:43 PM »
This is what I love about this community. 3 months after our game is gone, we can still ban together to help each other out.

We are heroes, this is what we do.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2013, 07:56:30 PM »
This is what I love about this community. 3 months after our game is gone, we can still ban together to help each other out.
Was Guy banned from Oregon?  I thought he was just looking for a change of scenery.  Although that actually seems more likely now that you mention it.

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2013, 08:30:08 PM »
Wait a minute...
I was misled by the thread's title!
I thought we were helping Guy Pefect... not GuyPerfect!!

Can I get my money back? I need a new pack of gum!

(Hehe, happy trails and safe travels, GP!)
--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2013, 08:55:35 PM »
Chipped in. Can't believe what happened to you :-( Have a safe travel. You're courageous to move on your own with just a van.

Enjoy some european euros.
Yeeessss....

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2013, 02:01:18 AM »
I sent money and I also want to say State farm Insurance is building a HUGE office in Dallas - and they need EVERYTHING - just saying.

Not like I am a system admin for some insurance company or anything.

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2013, 02:39:31 AM »
Okay, I'm in Childress and sacking out for the night. My bottom is sore from sitting!

With the money Tony sent me and the money PayPal lets him take out of the Titan account each month, I'm gonna be kind of pinched for cash. It'll be there, but the flow is restricted enough that I can't make any hefty purchases all at once. Then again, it also means I get a sort of monthly allowance.

What I think would be best in the short term is if I can get in contact with someone in the area, and "rent" a vehicle from them. If someone has a car or mini-van they're not using or could let me use, I can pay something like $50 a week for the time I'm using it. Buuuuut, that would require someone nearby with a spare vehicle.

I'd like to make it clear that I don't necessarily need a mini-van. Any kind of car will do, and I can rent some self-storage to put my stuff in if I need to. If I have transportation, that's really what can get me the things that I need.

Was Guy banned from Oregon?  I thought he was just looking for a change of scenery.

1) Oregon was banned from me. Whatchoo talkin' 'bout?

2) I have a contact down in North Richland Hills whom I'll be working with doing churchy stuff. For what it's worth, Oregon is much more scenic. (-:

Kriiden

• Lieutenant
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2013, 04:44:21 AM »
Was Guy banned from Oregon?  I thought he was just looking for a change of scenery.  Although that actually seems more likely now that you mention it.

It took more then 24 hours to understand the fact that this was a joke and a play on words.

Rejuvenatrix

• Underling
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2013, 06:40:34 AM »
Hey Guy, have sent a small token of my appreciation for all you have done for us.  Thanks for all your dedicated work.  I hope the rough patch is behind you now. Good luck with your new endeavors!

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2013, 10:17:13 PM »
It took more then 24 hours to understand the fact that this was a joke and a play on words.
It was the typo's fault, I saw it !
Yeeessss....

GuyPerfect

• Mary Poppins
  • Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2013, 10:21:14 PM »
Here I am! North Richland Hills, and on a path that didn't have any construction. *Party hat*

I've booked into a hotel for today and tomorrow. My mind is shifting from "get there" mode to "okay, now what" mode. I still need transportation, and I still need a place to stay (though not as much as I need transportation). I'm waiting to hear back from corbis820 about his brother in Irving.

I also just found out a few minutes ago that an entity up in Portland wants some money that I thought was taken care of by another source. But that's not urgent unless they want to come down here to Texas to find me. (-:

So I thank everyone for the donations, and I hope I can continue thanking for donations! And if anyone has any leads on any front(s), please let me know.