Author Topic: Reply from contact at Google!  (Read 93147 times)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
Reply from contact at Google!
« on: February 07, 2013, 02:23:21 AM »
My Google contact got back to me yesterday to say that the three contacts he had for OUTSIDE Google did not pan out.  One was at Disney and had gotten fired they day they bought the SW francise, the other two weren't interested for reasons that had nothing to do with CoH (he didn't elaborate).

TODAY he gave me the direct contact at Google Play, who told him "Please have her send me the pitch package."  So Rae, Quinch, Ammon and I will be working on the new Google Pitch package.

Once I get done with the book that is now a full month behind schedule and due in 2 weeks....*cries*
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Hotaru

• Lieutenant
  • Just a demo-loving fool in the Far East...
Re: Reply from contact at Google!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 02:48:16 AM »
Thanks for the update, and best of luck!

Electric-Knight

• Elite Boss
  • E-K and Malfaz taking a break, drinking tea
    • www.pauldamonthomas.com
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 02:55:54 AM »
Thanks for the update, and best of luck!
Well, he said what I wanted to say!

I'll add, for a bit of levity... "Good luck. We're all counting on you!".

:)

(hehe, seriously, good luck on the book!!)
--
"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever."
- Baron Munchausen

http://www.pauldamonthomas.com/

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2013, 03:10:48 AM »
Just wanted to say Good Luck, we're all counting on you.

/*Exits, closes door*
//Ever been to a Turkish Prison?
///No srsly, pretty awesome news!

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 03:30:29 AM »
Good hunting!

We aren't all counting on you, we are counting on the game to sell itself. You get the hard work to make the pitch - we just get to cheer you on :)

lizthegirl

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 03:33:33 AM »
thanks for taking the lead...i'm still holding my torch

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 04:18:06 AM »
My Google contact got back to me yesterday to say that the three contacts he had for OUTSIDE Google did not pan out.  One was at Disney and had gotten fired they day they bought the SW francise, the other two weren't interested for reasons that had nothing to do with CoH (he didn't elaborate).

TODAY he gave me the direct contact at Google Play, who told him "Please have her send me the pitch package."  So Rae, Quinch, Ammon and I will be working on the new Google Pitch package.

Once I get done with the book that is now a full month behind schedule and due in 2 weeks....*cries*
Hey, your writing career has to come first, we understand.  Do what you have to do.  There's already no way we could ever repay you for what you've done so far for all of us.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 04:37:43 AM »
You are already our Hero, we understand from time to time you need to put on the glasses and have secret identity time.  Besides I want to read that book!
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2013, 04:39:00 AM »
sounds hopeful. though this is only the first wall down, if the google executive does actually wish to pursue this there might be another wall to break down in a board meeting. if that succeeds, then there is still an impervium plated wall we need to bust through which is trying to get NCSoft to actually talk about selling. right now they seem to be downright ignoring the issue as if stubbornly holding to thier comment of "we are not selling"

as I said an impervium coated wall, I only hope google doesn't become disheartened about the situation if NCSoft doesn't reply or if NCSoft rejects them flat out.

[Removed a long story that lead into culture/ethnicity commentary, which we've agreed to disagree on and not talk about. ~Agge]
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 04:50:42 AM by Aggelakis »
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Steele Magnolia

• Minion
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2013, 06:53:24 AM »
Keep us in the loop and keep writing! I'm getting bored rereading old books... my kindle is crying out for something new, fun, and Lackey now that I've finished the latest Harry Dresden novel.

/em cracks whip

Seriously, as an avid fan since a friend introduced me to your work in 1992 I'm tapping my toes in expectation.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2013, 08:14:45 AM »
TODAY he gave me the direct contact at Google Play, who told him "Please have her send me the pitch package."

Well, a lack of an outright 'no' is a welcome change by itself. Fingers crossed!

Awww. If I could help I'd... well, cringe for the future of the book, actually. :-\  Probably best you handle it. I'll send you plenty of good will vibes though! And I'm glad to see you're putting the book first. You career is the correct priority here. Best of luck!

WildFire15

• Lieutenant
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2013, 10:19:25 AM »
Thanks for the update. Just say the word and we'll get this train rolling!

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2013, 12:18:37 PM »
Thanks for the update! Good luck on the book! Fingers crossed!

/em holdtorch

beveri8469

• Boss
  • still inside atlas park hospital waiting to leave
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2013, 05:43:52 PM »
good luck on the book
@Eternal Twilight
Now in Paragon

Surelle

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 12:07:57 AM »
Mercedes,

Of course finish your book first, whatever that takes.  CoH has been shut down for months already.  A couple/few more weeks or whatever it takes isn't going to matter in the long run.  And maybe the rest of Team Wildcard could be working on it meanwhile anyway?

Artillerie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 04:04:40 AM »
Fingers crossed then, best of luck!

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 09:09:28 PM »
Best news I heard in awhile.  :)

Nyx Nought Nothing

• New Efforts # 11,000!
  • Elite Boss
  • Ha!
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 07:11:31 AM »
Well this is encouraging.  8)
Waiting with bated breath.
So far so good. Onward and upward!

Ammon

• Team Wildcard
  • Boss
  • UK marketing guy and City of Heroes addict
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 08:30:12 AM »
Its a fair bit of re-tweaking required, as Google is a very different entity to Disney, and we also need to account for the added competition of not one, but two community-lead direct rival games in production.  I point this out simply to remind people that the odds are slim, and while we should always have hope, we should certainly not be complacent about the huge odds.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 04:59:20 PM »
I would think that this thought process... that Google might want to expand it's advertising base, and also break into a different genre, would be a pretty... well interesting move, if not a fantastic opportunity to do two things:

1) Cement them as do gooders? 
2) Allow them to experiment with yet another new way of doing business outside of the search engine, Android and Chrome.

Yeah, very very different though from an entertainment only company like Disney or Steam.

Oh, and this:

*opens door again, pokes head in*

Just wanted to say good luck, we're all counting on you.

*exits, closes door*