Author Topic: Reply from contact at Google!  (Read 93154 times)

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
Re: Reply from contact at Google!
« Reply #280 on: May 08, 2013, 02:37:05 PM »
I know Vyolet was working on content for a webpage and I had provided the login info to use a site that I had nabbed.

I have been out of town at my daughters wedding and arrived back yesterday.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #281 on: May 08, 2013, 07:38:45 PM »
I forget if I've said it, but y'know, it deserves to be said again anyway.

Stop derailing this thread with nonsense!

This thread would go weeks and weeks without posts if we only stayed on topic, it would eventually fall into the Abyss because no one would be posting on it.

@Rae - Good news! Thanks for working your guys behinds off.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #282 on: May 08, 2013, 08:19:40 PM »
This thread would go weeks and weeks without posts if we only stayed on topic, it would eventually fall into the Abyss because no one would be posting on it.

@Rae - Good news! Thanks for working your guys behinds off.

Well, I did mean that as a joke, hehe. I completely agree with you about needing to keep things active, after all I'm probably one of the biggest derailers this site has. ;D        (Wait, that sounds bad when I say it out loud... :-\ )

And, since it's been a while since I said it, once again I'd like to thank Team Wildcard for their steadfast devotion and the tireless working-off of their behinds. Cheers!

Captain Electric

• Elite Boss
  • Crime doesn't pay, evildoers!
    • CoH Faces Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 09, 2013, 12:56:56 AM »
I like bananas!   ;D

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #284 on: May 09, 2013, 11:33:32 AM »
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

Styrj

• Boss
« Reply #285 on: May 09, 2013, 12:51:37 PM »
safehouse23:   I like HO trains!!  ;)
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!  Infinity Server...

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #286 on: May 09, 2013, 04:12:59 PM »
I like bananas!   ;D

Yeah, they do have a certain a-peel.  *ba-dum-tish*

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #287 on: May 09, 2013, 04:14:53 PM »
Yeah, they do have a certain a-peel.  *ba-dum-tish*

Hm a gun made from a berry.

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #288 on: May 10, 2013, 02:25:17 AM »
Cross posting from t'other thread, but I believe the plan is to coincide the sending of the pitch with the ad campaign being organised elsewhere on the boards.

..unless Quinch tells me otherwise :)

Ummm rae that might not be a good idea

You don't want to do both at once, you want to Send the pitch package first, otherwise it will get lost among thousands of "hey man I like CoH please buy it" letters.

and if you start the letters first the recoil is you might annoy them so much that by the time they get the pitch package they wont even read it.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #289 on: May 10, 2013, 06:46:37 AM »
Eh? We'll follow the same steps we did last time, as far as I'm aware. Email the guy to tell them the pitch is on the way, send the pitch by mail, and once it's arrived, ask you guys to start writing to urge them to talk to NC Soft.

But if we can time it to send out around the time the website/ advertising drive (http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,8240.0.html and http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,8322.0.html) goes live, we will.

If  the ad/website don't get off the ground, for whatever reason, we'll just go ahead and send out the pitch, as we did last time.
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #290 on: May 10, 2013, 11:24:08 AM »
Eh? We'll follow the same steps we did last time, as far as I'm aware. Email the guy to tell them the pitch is on the way, send the pitch by mail, and once it's arrived, ask you guys to start writing to urge them to talk to NC Soft.

But if we can time it to send out around the time the website/ advertising drive (http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,8240.0.html and http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,8322.0.html) goes live, we will.

If  the ad/website don't get off the ground, for whatever reason, we'll just go ahead and send out the pitch, as we did last time.

Forgive me for being completely unlearned/forgetting something that no doubt was already stated, but what exactly will be on the website? It's a website for the ad campaign/send to google campaign?
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #291 on: May 10, 2013, 02:42:24 PM »
There's a mock-up of the website in the thread (here: http://s773.photobucket.com/user/VyoletRose/media/Webpage-IDEA-3.jpg.html) .It's mostly a 'SaveCOH, the story so far' webpage that we can direct Google (or other parties, if they don't bite to) for more information.

The advertising campaign will be adverts calling on NC Soft to sell COH, which will (hopefully) appear on prominent gaming news sites.

Hopefully, if Google are interested enough to look into it further, the site and adverts will appear on their radar, and along with the letters convince people that it's not just a group of four crazy people sending pitches out.

Of course, if the advertising/website campaign don't get off the ground, we can send the pitch off (Quinch gave it a last run-through last night, now we're just waiting the contact details of Mercedes' contact, and we're good to go).

It just makes sense to have a web presence up at the same time (if at all possible) to help strengthen the pitch, particularly since some of the media interest has died off a little.
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #292 on: May 10, 2013, 08:54:26 PM »
There's a mock-up of the website in the thread (here: http://s773.photobucket.com/user/VyoletRose/media/Webpage-IDEA-3.jpg.html) .It's mostly a 'SaveCOH, the story so far' webpage that we can direct Google (or other parties, if they don't bite to) for more information.

The advertising campaign will be adverts calling on NC Soft to sell COH, which will (hopefully) appear on prominent gaming news sites.

Hopefully, if Google are interested enough to look into it further, the site and adverts will appear on their radar, and along with the letters convince people that it's not just a group of four crazy people sending pitches out.

Of course, if the advertising/website campaign don't get off the ground, we can send the pitch off (Quinch gave it a last run-through last night, now we're just waiting the contact details of Mercedes' contact, and we're good to go).

It just makes sense to have a web presence up at the same time (if at all possible) to help strengthen the pitch, particularly since some of the media interest has died off a little.

if it's 4-5 pages we can tripod it for free. http://www.tripod.com/

gotta pay if you want www.savecoh.com versus http://savecoh.tripod.com/

oooo kkkk, I retract my comment looks like savecoh.com is actually live.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #293 on: May 11, 2013, 01:56:33 AM »
I also have a saved site called arkofheroes.com - it only has a placeholder website for now.

Graydar

• Lieutenant
« Reply #294 on: May 11, 2013, 12:11:54 PM »
Right. So, as of now, what's happening? We have a contact at Google and are preparing a pitch to send?

I've been out of it for a while. Anything happening with the server emulators?

WildFire15

• Lieutenant
« Reply #295 on: May 12, 2013, 05:42:47 PM »
I'm useless at videos, but I had a thought about a possible video to catch Google's attention by spoofing the Chrome adverts (like this).

What could happen is someone clicks on Chrome and googles 'heroes', which leads them to City of Heroes. They create their character, enter the world and while fighting mobs meets someone who invites them to a super group. He's then invited to a Google Plus group where they organise a task force (possibly getting the invite on his android phone where they were checking out their super group), followed by a real life meet up. A shot of all the group's character together fades into the players all together before ending with the Chrome logo (possible with our 'this is what we do' slogan).

Any thoughts? I have no idea what I'm doing with videos so I thought I'd throw the idea out in case someone fancies having a crack at it.

kalynnda13

• Minion
« Reply #296 on: May 13, 2013, 05:43:36 PM »
I have an "ad" video for Google. Take 1 is at https://vimeo.com/65558287. Take 2 is almost done....I cut down the fight scenes and added several more "ad" stuff - a Posi vs technos with Chromebooks contest (the technos win), and a Rikti invasion scene.

Rikti Leader -Observation: Expletive. Invalid Image: Google Earth. Missing: Hero Assemblage.
<Rikti ported onto the Talos hill...into the middle of a ring of heroes>
Rikti grunt - Outlook: Painful

I just have to finish the credits. I also put stills with the chat words at the end of the video, since it's hard to read the words if you don't enlarge it. I also put the various Google ads that were on billboards or as graffiti.

goodtime

• Boss
    • my videos
« Reply #297 on: May 15, 2013, 08:10:04 PM »
You put an ad for google on Vimeo?  Will you put the final ad up on Youtube?

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #298 on: May 16, 2013, 11:23:46 AM »
I have an "ad" video for Google. Take 1 is at https://vimeo.com/65558287. Take 2 is almost done....I cut down the fight scenes and added several more "ad" stuff - a Posi vs technos with Chromebooks contest (the technos win), and a Rikti invasion scene.

Rikti Leader -Observation: Expletive. Invalid Image: Google Earth. Missing: Hero Assemblage.
<Rikti ported onto the Talos hill...into the middle of a ring of heroes>
Rikti grunt - Outlook: Painful

I just have to finish the credits. I also put stills with the chat words at the end of the video, since it's hard to read the words if you don't enlarge it. I also put the various Google ads that were on billboards or as graffiti.

Awesome! Looks like we're close to launch! I'm ready! :)