Author Topic: B&S seems not to safe NCSoft  (Read 31040 times)

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
Re: B&S seems not to safe NCSoft
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2013, 06:24:16 PM »
Meh. Beyonce wears leotards. It's her schtick. But I really did think B&S when I saw that outfit. XD Though the B&S girls don't have the flesh colored paneling to keep them decent.

I don't find her generally offensive, though. I'm just glad she's one of the few women that looks healthy and pretty instead of like a stick with an anorexic bird head.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2013, 10:18:12 PM »
"Bandmates." <snicker>  :D
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Sajaana

• Boss
« Reply #82 on: February 05, 2013, 01:46:05 AM »
I see nothing wrong with Beyonce's costume.  It isn't like she's walking out in a g-string and pasties.  What are we, a bunch of Amish?  She's a performer, it's the Super Bowl, and she has every right to wear something interesting.  Who wants to see a headliner wear something boring, anyway?

Indeed, when I saw her, it reminded me of the Witch Lace bodysuit from Magic Pack 2:
http://wiki.cohtitan.com/w/images//5/5d/SB2_Witch4.jpg

There's a difference, I think, between Beyonce's witch lace and what Blade & Soul is doing.  Beyonce's leotard is made to be seen.  It's attention grabbing and fashionable, which is what a performer (or a super hero, I might add) wants to do.

Blade & Soul is just pervy.  It's looking up the skirts of teenage girls to reveal things that are meant to be covered up.  There is no style here, just raw voyeurism.

That's something we ought to think about when criticizing Blade & Soul, or when we compare Blade & Soul to CoH.  It isn't about how much--or how little--flesh is exposed.  It's how it's presented that's the real issue.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #83 on: February 05, 2013, 02:01:29 AM »
What are we, a bunch of Amish? 

Well, that, and/or little children under the age of, oh, 12, maybe, according to the FCC. 

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #84 on: February 05, 2013, 05:49:15 AM »
Meh. Beyonce wears leotards. It's her schtick. But I really did think B&S when I saw that outfit. XD Though the B&S girls don't have the flesh colored paneling to keep them decent.

I don't find her generally offensive, though. I'm just glad she's one of the few women that looks healthy and pretty instead of like a stick with an anorexic bird head.

yeah not sexy. And dangerous. I'm already slim.

What happens when you rub two sticks together? Fire hazard.

Lily Barclay

• Elite Boss
« Reply #85 on: February 05, 2013, 06:28:02 AM »

What happens when you rub two sticks together? Fire hazard.

LOL!

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #86 on: February 05, 2013, 07:04:34 AM »

Regardless, there's probably just as many real bodyparts on the B&S CGI models as there are on her.

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #87 on: February 05, 2013, 07:29:48 AM »
What is sexy to me, is a girl that is not afraid to be herself and not feel the need to hide behind a bunch of make-up or wear only what ever the fashion magazines say they are supposed to or not supposed to wear.

That is a good attitude to have and is wise, and its a very healthy way to approach a relationship.  But you have to take into consideration some women that get dressed and wear make up ARE just being themselves.  I know lots of women who like to get all spruced up and sexy for a night on the town and they are just being themselves, they enjoy doing it.  Keep in mind these aren't stupid or loose moraled women either, that is also a common stereotype.(Not that I am accusing anyone of saying that, just to clarify.)  But just the same, people who don't like that type of thing have no obligation to like it/take part in it.  Just like those men and women who do like getting spruced up have no right to belittle those who don't.  In the end its a matter of neither side deserves to be treated differently because of the clothes they are wearing.