Author Topic: B&S seems not to safe NCSoft  (Read 31041 times)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
Re: B&S seems not to safe NCSoft
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2013, 02:22:31 AM »
Now wait a minute now. That statement is not totally true. Oversized swords are not required.  :P

Pretty sure they are, the moment you show them games with little chicks who are all eyes and boobs.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2013, 03:09:37 AM »
Let's not forget the prominent camel-toe even on "childish" characters.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

FatherXmas

• Elite Boss
  • You think the holidays are bad for you ...
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2013, 04:52:34 AM »
Blade & Soul cosplayer.

I guess that's the only way to get the freakishly long legs without surgery.
Tempus unum hominem manet

Twitter - AtomicSamuraiRobot@NukeSamuraiBot

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2013, 06:36:20 AM »
Blade & Soul cosplayer.

I guess that's the only way to get the freakishly long legs without surgery.

Just looking at those shoes put my back in a spasm.  Oh honey, in a few years you are so gonna regret that....  (Shoes like that are actually causing girls to spontaneously have ankle fractures and herniated disks).
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Joshex

• [citation needed]
  • Elite Boss
    • my talk page
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2013, 06:42:07 AM »
Rikti: Advertizing: Humans all: Like Girls: with: few clothes. Must start: with that: premise; then add: action and: Game title.
There is always another way. But it might not work exactly like you may desire.

A wise old rabbit once told me "Never give-up!, Trust your instincts!" granted the advice at the time led me on a tripped-out voyage out of an asteroid belt, but hey it was more impressive than a bunch of rocks and space monkies.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2013, 07:18:24 AM »
Just looking at those shoes put my back in a spasm.  Oh honey, in a few years you are so gonna regret that.... 
Why do people feel the need to hurt themselves over that...  pardon my failure in using the English language, but I don't have words for how much of a travesty Lolicon Simulator 2012 (Pedobear-approved) is.

EDIT: Well, in the interest of full disclosure, I should say that I do have appropriate words for this situation.  They're just unsuitable for polite company or small children.  Last time I used language like that, a Klingon emptied the contents of his stomach into a nearby potted plant.

Knight Light

• Lieutenant
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2013, 07:50:00 AM »
Oh, well, if they are unsuitable for polite company, no problem in sending those words to NCSoft's CEO. Send him the potted plant too.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2013, 08:02:33 AM »
Why do people feel the need to hurt themselves over that...

I could live on this planet for another thousand years, but I would still not understand humans. It all boils down to this. Just about every parent has asked their kid the cliche question, "If everyone else was jumping off a bridge, would you do it?" Metaphorically, the answer has been and always will be, yes. The phrase "peer pressure" always gets used during school years as something to resist, but post-graduation, it's just accepted as the way society works (or doesn't work).

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2013, 08:15:27 AM »
Just looking at those shoes put my back in a spasm.  Oh honey, in a few years you are so gonna regret that....  (Shoes like that are actually causing girls to spontaneously have ankle fractures and herniated disks).
I'm guessing that's not her standard shoes, just something for the photoshoot.
Unless she works as a boothbabe or something and spends entire days like that? Not all that familiar with the cosplay scene, I thought it was something a lot of people did just for fun every now and then (kinda like heading to a big LARP event once a year or so).

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2013, 04:18:21 AM »
The heels are very tall... but then these are only, what, about a 1.5-2 inch lift in reality, as they're platforms.  Look at the fronts.

To hear them say it, a 2 inch lift is apparently not a big deal for the women who wear 'em.  I keep asking them "Doesn't that hurt to wear?" and they go "oh, no really isn't.  Very comfy, actually.  I love wearin' them..."  After a while, I got it, and I gave up the questioning.  If they're wearin' them, they're ok/comfortable enough, and I just say "Like the shoes/boots on ya."  I don't get it either, but I do like the way they look on 'em.  All women should wear high freakin' heels for my entertainment.

Oink. :)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2013, 04:10:01 PM »
Well that's all fine, I guess.  I recall when social customs changed in the late 1960's and thorough the 1970's when a lot of women changed U.S. culture by omitting brassieres, shaving underarms and/or legs, and all or most of the make-up.  (I don't recall the name of the woman who in print during the 70's likened her facial cosmetics to "war paint.")  Personally, I think women look just fine (or even better) without all the beauty shoppe stuff (men also); just reasonably recently washed is fine (imo), and if one has hair for it to be brushed or combed.  However, I am not going to object if a woman or man wants to dress as they like or even wear a pound of cosmetics, provided I can stand upwind of them.   ;)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2013, 05:27:23 PM »
In general: Please do not equivocate those of us who wear cosmetics and care about how we look, to the crap seen in such games as Bits and Tits. They are not equivalent. Taking pride in one's appearance is not a negative thing. I spent a few years in Vermont, and if one likes unshaven, uncosmetic'ed women with two inches of hair-growth under their arms and on their legs, I highly recommend it. Native Vermonters are a very au-naturel bunch; I want to go slather on yet more makeup at the very remembrance of their hairy, green-rubber-galoshes-wearing selves - and yes, I refer to the women. Its like another planet compared to the rest of the US.

Houtex: To hear them say it, a 2 inch lift is apparently not a big deal for the women who wear 'em.  I keep asking them "Doesn't that hurt to wear?" and they go "oh, no really isn't.  Very comfy, actually.  I love wearin' them..."  After a while, I got it, and I gave up the questioning.  If they're wearin' them, they're ok/comfortable enough, and I just say "Like the shoes/boots on ya."  I don't get it either, but I do like the way they look on 'em.  All women should wear high freakin' heels for my entertainment.

Platforms of 2" or less are extraordinarily easy to wear and provide a very stable base for ambulation; for people like me who have trick ankles and such, they are great. It looks counter-intuitive, but they really are very comfy and stable.

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2013, 06:11:40 PM »
CIT.TSK = Stop(ATK())

CWK.SEE[NCSFT.ATK()]; CWK.DEF(COH)

NCSFT.ATK(CWK); CWK.TSK[DEF(CWK)] > CWK.TSK[CLN(COH)]; CWK.TSK = DEF(CWK)

If NCSFT.TSK != GIV(PRGN.STDS[COH.PPL]) Then CWK.ATK(NCSFT)

If CWK.TGT != (LYL.CTZ or CWK[ATM]) Then ATK(TGT)

and..
While !COX.FIX; DEV.TSK = FIX.COX
 ;D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 06:25:45 PM by LadyShin »
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2013, 06:32:43 PM »
CIT.TSK = Stop(ATK())

CWK.SEE[NCSFT.ATK()]; CWK.DEF(COH)

NCSFT.ATK(CWK); CWK.TSK[DEF(CWK)] > CWK.TSK[CLN(COH)]; CWK.TSK = DEF(CWK)

If NCSFT.TSK != GIV(PRGN.STDS[COH.PPL]) Then CWK.ATK(NCSFT)

If CWK.TGT != (LYL.CTZ or CWK[ATM]) Then ATK(TGT)
 ;D
Lemme see if I can translate for those who don't speak Praetorian Clockwork.

The citizen must stop its attack.

If Clockwork are aware of an attack by NCsoft, then the Clockwork's duty is to defend CoH.

If NCsoft should attack Clockwork, then the Clockwork shall defend itself in lieu of caring for CoH; thus, the Clockwork is currently defending itself.

If NCsoft refuses to refound Paragon Studios with the original CoH devs, then the Clockwork must attack NCsoft.

If the Clockwork's target isn't LYL.CTZ (term I'm not familiar with), or another Clockwork, then it will attack the target.

While !COX.FIX; DEV.TSK = FIX.COX
So long as CoX isn't fixed, the devs must fix CoX.

Minotaur

• Elite Boss
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2013, 06:52:27 PM »

If the Clockwork's target isn't LYL.CTZ (term I'm not familiar with), or another Clockwork, then it will attack the target.
So long as CoX isn't fixed, the devs must fix CoX.
Loyal citizen ?

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2013, 07:01:32 PM »
Loyal citizen ?
Ah, that's probably it, though I expected "Loyal Citizen" to be LYL.CIT, in order to remain consistent with the appearance of "citizen" as "CIT" in other Clockspeak terms.

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2013, 07:26:37 PM »
CTZ would be citizen, I assumed CIT would by 'city'  ???
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2013, 07:34:15 PM »
TUB.TSK = <3(CWK)

:)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2013, 11:10:53 PM »
In general: Please do not equivocate those of us who wear cosmetics and care about how we look, to the crap seen in such games as Bits and Tits. They are not equivalent. Taking pride in one's appearance is not a negative thing. I spent a few years in Vermont, and if one likes unshaven, uncosmetic'ed women with two inches of hair-growth under their arms and on their legs, I highly recommend it. Native Vermonters are a very au-naturel bunch; I want to go slather on yet more makeup at the very remembrance of their hairy, green-rubber-galoshes-wearing selves - and yes, I refer to the women. Its like another planet compared to the rest of the US.

Platforms of 2" or less are extraordinarily easy to wear and provide a very stable base for ambulation; for people like me who have trick ankles and such, they are great. It looks counter-intuitive, but they really are very comfy and stable.
Hi Illusionss, no disrespect was intended.  I'm sure my own preference for what looks nice was informed if not determined by my coming of age during those times.  While some women and men would go "eww!" at the idea of unshaved human bodies, you can see that this is not my personal view.   I haven't been in Vermont since I was a wee lad but I have traveled around the country (mostly midwest and SW USA.)  I think of how a little eye shadow and/or eyeliner and/or nail polish helped the Goth kids distinguish their generation from those who preceded it.  (The eyeliner in particular reminded me of ancient Egyptian kohl)  Yep, sounds like the native Vermont lasses would fit well with the mountain women I respected in the Colorado Rocky Mountains and plains.  If I weren't so gosh-darn allergic to cloying perfumes and scented powders, I'd probably like the look better.  I remember my beloved grandmothers who wore a ton of makeup (it was what ladies did in that era) tho nothing as extreme as the cosmetics worn by Queen Elizabeth I nor the stage paint worn routinely by actors.  Peace out and I DO respect your choices.   :)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2013, 11:37:03 PM »
CTZ would be citizen, I assumed CIT would by 'city'  ???
Oddly enough, Clockwork never seem to use the generic word "city", from my memory.  Their term for any city is always based on its proper name.  For instance, Praetoria is "PRA" and Neutropolis is "NTR".  Even Imperial City is "IMP".  I've personally always used "CTY" for "city" in Clockspeak, as there's no way to confuse it for anything else.

"CTZ" would be a good abbreviation for Citizen for the same reason, if Clockwork didn't already use "CIT" for it.

Y'know, that's got me curious if the idle-chatter text for NPCs is stored clientside, and if some enterprising data-miner could pull out all the lines for Praetorian Clockwork.