Author Topic: MMORPG.COM / MMOFTW - the top stories of 2012  (Read 14402 times)

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
Re: MMORPG.COM / MMOFTW - the top stories of 2012
« Reply #60 on: January 04, 2013, 12:19:07 AM »
In America to my mind you are an American first and then if you choose to play a victim card based on other qualifiers you then lose the equality granted by being an American.

I don't look at color, size of checking account or male or female (unless you are a cute young girl then you get an extra smile because at 53 I can get away with it now). My treatment of you if equal regardless of whether you pitch, catch or switch hit. I know many people think that the old religious stereotypes of "right" wingers are still true and that we are narrow minded and intolerant. This is also false as many stereotypes are.

Like how people were shocked when they saw how conservatives reacted to Sarah Palin's pregnant daughter - we minded our own business and let them deal with her. People also forget or don't know Dick Chaney's daughter is gay and no one cared. Intolerance finds a hold in many hearts and hate is hate whether it is for your color, who you sleep with or who you pray to that causes the hate.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2013, 03:00:44 AM »
That doesn't count people who lurk logged out and only log in when they want to post.

I think that would be the vast majority.  I don't log in except to post.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2013, 08:04:29 AM »
I think Toast is looking at the SMF stats and misinterpreting them. Namely the "most online" count which is a measure of concurrent registered users online at once (and 'online' is pretty fuzzy for a stateless protocol like HTTP), or possibly the 'average per day' numbers, which IIRC show an average over the entire lifetime of the forum rather than a moving average. "Unique visitors per day" is not a statistic that the forum software makes publicly available.

I just did a quick query of the database. 601 unique registered accounts logged in to the forums yesterday. 107 of them decided to post something. That doesn't count people who lurk logged out and only log in when they want to post. 180 unique accounts have posted to the forums since 1/1/2013.

965 unique accounts posted to the forums in the month of December. 2,018 have logged in since 12/1/2012. It's 755 and 1,829, respectively, if you exclude everything before 12/5, since 12/1 was a fairly busy day.
Thanks Walker! That's more in line with what I thought the numbers might be like.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2013, 10:06:04 AM »
http://www.mmorpg.com/showVideo.cfm/videoId/2867

So, Bill Murphy lists the closure of City of Heroes as the #5 top story of 2012, which is good.....and then at 1:15 he says it's all about the profits and that City of Heroes could no longer turn one....not so good.
This is the original post for this thread. How do the last two or three pages of posts relate to this?

pewlagon

• Boss
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2013, 10:16:21 AM »
It relates because someone blanket bombed Titan Network for certain actions rather than looking deeper to see if things have changed or singling out the individuals who reacted pourly in the first place. I, for one, am very offended because I do not associate with racism or intollerence in any form. The individual is one, of a group, that were bombing post after post on the CoH forums basically summing up to "I told you so" that CoH was Doomed. It's just like the foolishness over the date for the end of thw world, didn't happen, but eventually something bad will happen and someone will jump up and say "I told you today was the day, such and such was right. Shame on you for not believing." Personally, that group sickened me because whenever they disliked something stated about the closure they bombed the posts until people either put them on ignore or left the forums entirely (like my editor.) I, for one, won't put up with the post bombing here, especially, when I was blanket labelled as something that is just as offensive to me as the prior actions were to him. "Two wrongs don't make a right."

Starsman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2013, 02:40:17 PM »
This is the original post for this thread. How do the last two or three pages of posts relate to this?

Follow your link, read the comments, all of them, and you will get it.
For the sake of the community: please stop the cultural "research" in your attempt to put blame on the game's cancelation.

It's sickening to see the community sink that low. It's worse to see the community does not get it.

I'm signing off and taking a break, blindly hope things change.

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2013, 11:52:41 PM »
Ok. Had not read all of them.
Sad!

corvus1970

• Elite Boss
  • A true ruler is as moral as a Hurricane.
« Reply #69 on: January 05, 2013, 03:29:20 PM »
Its okay Ozone, we still love ya!
... ^o^CORVUS^o^
"...if nothing we do matters, than all that matters is what we do."
http://corvus1970.deviantart.com/