Author Topic: How are you handling the loss?  (Read 187351 times)

detour

• Underling
  • Baja Mercury: Accelerator
Re: How are you handling the loss?
« Reply #520 on: May 20, 2013, 11:24:39 PM »

Supergroup day was two days ago.  On Saturday, we wear yellow.
Baja Mercury:  Accelerator.

nataliaofvirtues

• Minion
« Reply #521 on: May 21, 2013, 01:07:27 AM »
There is not a single day goes by that I do not think of COH. I find it hard to believe just how impacting a game could/can be. When my stress level soars due to work/family, whatever, I just want to log into the game and lose myself for a while. The game actually kept my blood pressure in line. (I wonder if I could sue NCsoft for causing my BP to increase? lol) Anyway, I so much miss every aspect of the game that it still hurts. I just hope that some day we can all re-unite in Atlas Park or Genesis or Alpha city or whatever it may be called and once again feel the lure of COH. I hope next time whomever has the game understands the impact that such a game can and does have on the community. I miss you all!

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #522 on: May 21, 2013, 04:34:18 AM »
nataliaofvirtues, you put in words what my heart feels. Nobody understands this better than this community. CoH will never be 'just a game' to us.

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #523 on: May 21, 2013, 06:06:37 AM »
There is not a single day goes by that I do not think of COH. I find it hard to believe just how impacting a game could/can be. When my stress level soars due to work/family, whatever, I just want to log into the game and lose myself for a while. The game actually kept my blood pressure in line. (I wonder if I could sue NCsoft for causing my BP to increase? lol) Anyway, I so much miss every aspect of the game that it still hurts. I just hope that some day we can all re-unite in Atlas Park or Genesis or Alpha city or whatever it may be called and once again feel the lure of COH. I hope next time whomever has the game understands the impact that such a game can and does have on the community. I miss you all!

When I was so stressed at work, I would take just a second to think of whatever toon i was focussed on leveling up next, and how fun they were to play, and how much I was looking forward to spending some time with them next time I was off. I swear, my Fire/fire Blaster got me through my first nine months of work after I graduated from college. He was there waiting for me when I had a spare minute, never failed. He got me through some really rough stuff.

I tell you, its like NCSoft took FAMILY MEMBERS away from me! Seriously! This is horrible, I hope none of us ever have to lose something so dear to us, in such a way again. BECAUSE THIS IS SUCKING. It really is.

[I miss you, Julian. You will live forever in my heart.]

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #524 on: May 21, 2013, 06:08:18 AM »
nataliaofvirtues, you put in words what my heart feels. Nobody understands this better than this community. CoH will never be 'just a game' to us.

When I first saw that signature banner on the official forums, I nearly cried. Because it is true.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #525 on: May 21, 2013, 06:15:46 AM »
I've finally really opened up to reminiscing with a couple old friends who used to play City with me and my girlfriend.  It's sentimental, but it's good to talk things over.  Also, my fellow SG co-founder, from Justice, and I have gotten together on Marvel Heroes.  Since they're finally putting in a guild system, we're going to see what we can do on there to get some of the old gang back together.  :)

Now, if I can just convince my girlfriend to try that game, but she's on a laptop, and it's mouse-heavy thanks to its Diablo-esque setup. . . . :(

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #526 on: May 21, 2013, 09:07:38 AM »

Supergroup day was two days ago.  On Saturday, we wear yellow.

I remember that SG. That was the first time outside a costume contest I'd ever seen a supergroup running in uniform. I remember thinking how impressive a sight that was, it really had a strong "unified force" feel. Heck I even joined it for a while, under a sub-chapter... although real life always kept me too distracted to join in on group activities very often. Sadface for that part now.

But happyface for cleaning up the mean streets of Brickstown with the baddest cat around ;D

but she's on a laptop, and it's mouse-heavy

You can use mouses on laptopses. I've been using mine that way for years. In fact I'd have gotten rid of my laptop long ago if I couldn't attach a keyboard and mouse, I hate the cramped way laptops are laid out. You probably have to make sure they're USB though, not too many laptops have the round pin connector ports anymore, I don't think.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #527 on: May 21, 2013, 03:35:12 PM »
Well, it's not that she can't hook one to her laptop; it's that she doesn't have the space, really.  We used to play City of Heroes in my room (I'm desktop; she's laptop), which meant she was usually sprawled out on my waterbed playing with her computer on a portable desk thingy.  Thus, no room for a mouse.  :(

Either she'd have to go in the dining room and play in there at the table, or she plays alone at a coffee shop, or there's no Marvel for her, basically.

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #528 on: May 21, 2013, 07:41:49 PM »
Well, it's not that she can't hook one to her laptop; it's that she doesn't have the space, really.  We used to play City of Heroes in my room (I'm desktop; she's laptop), which meant she was usually sprawled out on my waterbed playing with her computer on a portable desk thingy.  Thus, no room for a mouse.  :(

Either she'd have to go in the dining room and play in there at the table, or she plays alone at a coffee shop, or there's no Marvel for her, basically.

Ahhh. Yeah I didn't figure you'd have missed that she could use one. What can I say? I was still very sleepy-headed when I said that, hehe ;D

Still though, sucky space issues are sucky. Maybe it's time to start thinking outside the box. Is there something nearby she can rest the laptop on while using the desk thingy for the mouse? You might not use that setup all the time, but it could be better than not having a mouse as an option at all. *shrugs*

Pinny

• Underling
« Reply #529 on: May 21, 2013, 08:08:03 PM »
It's been a challenge to get myself involved in another MMO, honestly.  I'm lucky that I pretty much had to start back up with school when they shut the game down, otherwise I'm not sure what I would have done :p

JaguarX

• Elite Boss
« Reply #530 on: May 21, 2013, 08:36:24 PM »
at this point u still think about the cox game from time to time. Like I wonder what i24 would have been like live and i25, and seeing i26-29 and stories they held.

I don't think it will be last time I see ir hear about cox being up and running in some way or form. It was ahead of its time a good game and imo IMO! was the greatest most relatively unknown game on the market that its sad to see more didn't know about it and had opportunity to try it.

On one hand I lost plenty in my lifetime from friends due to death or jail, money from making now obvious dumb investments, and even part of my "sanity" in the past due to chemical imbalance. I survived and survived this event even as tragic as it is, is pale compared to the other crazy stuff I made it through. But like the other events besides death, I think something can be and is being done. I still play other games, like always, just with one less on the availability list.

Death is one thing in the entire world f luck chance chaos spontaneous events that is all but certain eventually. It feels the clock was punched a bit too early for Cox. But I must keep living and keep moving and continue to do my part to see if it can be revived and live on in spirit or back from the grave.

That is how I, I as in me and not saying anyone should better would supposed to or everyone *insert action* in any manner and talking strictly of how I'm dealing with it at this point.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #531 on: May 22, 2013, 02:22:06 AM »
Ahhh. Yeah I didn't figure you'd have missed that she could use one. What can I say? I was still very sleepy-headed when I said that, hehe ;D

Still though, sucky space issues are sucky. Maybe it's time to start thinking outside the box. Is there something nearby she can rest the laptop on while using the desk thingy for the mouse? You might not use that setup all the time, but it could be better than not having a mouse as an option at all. *shrugs*

I told her we could "go ghetto" on it.  Use the green laptop desk thing I've got that she's been using, and set my work briefcase next to her on the bed for the mouse.  :)

Now we just have to get around the HUMONGOZOID patch downloads for the game. . . .

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #532 on: May 22, 2013, 04:31:13 AM »
I told her we could "go ghetto" on it.  Use the green laptop desk thing I've got that she's been using, and set my work briefcase next to her on the bed for the mouse.  :)

Now we just have to get around the HUMONGOZOID patch downloads for the game. . . .

Yes! Now that's a problem-solving attitude! :D  Briefcases make great tables. Also effective is a good solid hardcover book. Like back when I actually had an RPG group, our D&D handbooks regularly got used as impromptu food trays. (Just don't lend yours to the messy guy. If he asks, hand him the DM's copy "accidentally". ;) )

Talon Blue

• Minion
« Reply #533 on: May 22, 2013, 03:15:46 PM »
Heven't felt the need, yes need, to play CoH since the announcement of it closure. I found the means to fill the void that it left, but now with my regular long time interest of Magic: the Gathering fading, losing my short term interest in LoL, and RL friends becoming less availible as I continue to get older... I have not missed CoH more than in the last week or so. I understood that the efforts to get CoH back would take time, I'm hoping some progress (not necessarily success) is reached sometime this summer.

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #534 on: May 22, 2013, 04:39:51 PM »
I have not missed CoH more than in the last week or so.

And I realized last night when I thought about what I was going to do on the way home from work today that I'm still planning around the need to get home and eat dinner before the Wednesday evening Hamidon raid on Guardian...

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #535 on: May 22, 2013, 07:26:51 PM »
And I realized last night when I thought about what I was going to do on the way home from work today that I'm still planning around the need to get home and eat dinner before the Wednesday evening Hamidon raid on Guardian...

Alright! Guardian alum!

DJMoose

• Missing His Jeep
  • Boss
  • To believe in the heroic makes heroes.
« Reply #536 on: May 23, 2013, 06:40:45 AM »

I'm Still Standing

Taken 5/20/13, courtesy of ICON.
Serkana The Wise
Primal Praetorian

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #537 on: May 23, 2013, 07:11:34 AM »
I'm Still Standing
[image was here]
Funnily enough, my most advanced character in CoX is a Warshade named Agent Standin. He was initially supposed to the the fill-in member for the team on Agent night, if one of the others couldn't make it. Also, he was the back-up Tank. His full name is Stil Standin. He's the Stand-in Agent who is Stil Standin.  ;)
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Illusionss

• Elite Boss
« Reply #538 on: May 24, 2013, 03:50:22 PM »
I'm Still Standing

How is Icon letting you get into Atlas? My version sure doesn't.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #539 on: May 24, 2013, 04:04:51 PM »
How is Icon letting you get into Atlas? My version sure doesn't.
The most recent version of Icon will allow you access to different zones (vary depending on the origin you choose) at the end of character creation.  You probably just need to grab the new download.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov