Author Topic: How are you handling the loss?  (Read 188479 times)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
Re: How are you handling the loss?
« Reply #360 on: February 14, 2013, 01:30:59 PM »
Not well. 2012 was a very bad year for me. It started off with my grandmother dying, my cat becoming extremely ill, and my husband going in for a two week stay at the hospital due to aspiration pneumonia, with all the attendant bills, some of which we're still paying. It ended with CoH being taken away, and me making the decision to put my cat down due to stomach cancer.

This year hasn't been much better. Hubby is once again in the hospital for aspiration pneumonia, this time staying in for five weeks (so far). Mom-in-law is also in the hospital for a malady they can't pin down. Dad has been laid off his job at age 61. I've been dealing with a stubborn infection.

I very, very badly want to go home to Paragon, after all this. Hang out in Founders Falls with Trey, or Gemini Park with Parz. Go see Cape shows in Atlas Park. Heck, even run an old Posi TF, or (heavens help meh) Quaterfield.

I am, however, going to visit the local Humane Society today, to see about starting the process to adopt a cat. So that's a plus.
I am truly sorry for the loss of your grandmother; may i offer condolences and a prayer for you and yours?  It seems like 2012 was a difficult year for so many people.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Morvani

• Underling
« Reply #361 on: February 15, 2013, 04:29:03 AM »
I am truly sorry for the loss of your grandmother; may i offer condolences and a prayer for you and yours?  It seems like 2012 was a difficult year for so many people.

Thank you, and yeah, it was. Hubby is finally home, though. Now, to -keep- him there...

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
« Reply #362 on: February 15, 2013, 05:40:04 AM »
Johnrobey is a class act. He offered me kind words when I need them. I regret never getting to play with him when our game was active.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #363 on: February 15, 2013, 07:24:23 AM »
Johnrobey is a class act. He offered me kind words when I need them. I regret never getting to play with him when our game was active.
I agree. He is a class act. An example many people could do well to follow. I'm not saying anyone here is a horrible person...just that he's a good example of the way this CoH community should be.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #364 on: February 15, 2013, 11:16:37 PM »
I also agree that JR is a wonderful person. Though I have never met him, I'd consider it an honor to be among his friends.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #365 on: February 15, 2013, 11:31:31 PM »
Thank you both for such kind words
but we must not feed my vanity and
ego/sense of self/selfimporance/selfawareness too much
only little tidbits
as treats for good behavior (LOL)
while Compassion and Respect
have to flow like two greate mightie rivers nourishing all.

i Silver Surfer'd into a song from my youth:   it's "Chicago" by Crosby, Stills, Graham Nash, & Young and wrote this:  I was born in 1960; i was 8 when that song was on the radio (i resonate/feel inner inspiration when i hear this song.) I've been partially deaf since i was a child so i neither heard nor understood many of the lyrics merely that this was about struggle, overcoming, and making it better: it's an empassioned plea. Some find the tones too strident, but i still find the images disturbing. May the Light of Compassion never fail.  This is why we need a City of Heroes.  City of Villains is great! For where better to experiment with evil than in a game or other fiction.   So are we Primal or Praetorian or both or all three (CoV).  em/holdtorch  to my friends both to the Left and the Right of the political spectrum may the healing begin:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEFsBF1X1ow  it's almost as if the cortex and hindbrain were getting together for a  long awaited second date *grin*
pardon, Titans, my effusions of silliness .  apologies if this song is too strong   Hoping another can find the more suitable tone(s)  Thank you
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #366 on: February 15, 2013, 11:35:50 PM »
I also agree that JR is a wonderful person. Though I have never met him, I'd consider it an honor to be among his friends.
Hugs, Healix!  I think we're all friends on Titan - i mean I feel we're all friends on Titan
Pardon my imprecision with language
but hey, at 52, i'm still a kid  ;)
and kinda waiting for the grownups to take my concerns seriously
Thank goodness the Newest Generations are so bright
talented and wonder - they even seem to have figured out how to play together well.

Forward into the Future!

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #367 on: February 16, 2013, 12:06:07 AM »
JR!

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #368 on: February 16, 2013, 12:15:31 AM »
JR!

I'm so silly, Healix!  I love our interconnected posts:  Here's your hug reflected in song:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EegRh8Z4H-o

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #369 on: February 16, 2013, 12:19:52 AM »
Wow...and I AM an Aquarian! (Jan. 22nd!!!)

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #370 on: February 16, 2013, 01:08:52 AM »
Wow...and I AM an Aquarian! (Jan. 22nd!!!)
Well now how is that for Mystical!  (My dear friend Maureen's favorite word)

Anyhow, i finally found the words i'm looking for and how ironic the words are Korean!  http://www.ted.com/talks/young_ha_kim_be_an_artist_right_now.html?utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_campaign=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=button__2013-02-15

I'm changing my CoH global to: Serendipity rules my life - tho i remain tempted to borrow yours, Healix, re: having most of nothing.  I recall Buddhist scriptures (sutra) on the quality of Nothing and Nothingness.  I adore the T.E.D. Talks on youtube.  Non Sequiturian Society forever!!  /em holdtorch

IceCicle78245

• Underling
« Reply #371 on: February 16, 2013, 05:37:18 AM »
Hello everyone, I'm Scott.  I'm new here to the Titan Forums; though I've played City of Heroes since the later part of the Beta Testing in February 2004, and I was there until the end.  Alot of people knew me as IceCicle, Aeon, Icarian, along with other alts.  As for what I've been doing since the end of CoH (other than play CO & STO) is work on a project that I've discussed with some as a way to keep our characters alive (outside CoH Cannon).  And very soon, hopefully in the coming week, I will be ready to unveil what it is.  I hope it is something that many of you will not only enjoy, but may want to participate in. 

I'm sorry I haven't visited here sooner.  I have alot of catching up to do as far as the Community here goes.  But in doing so, I hope I can offer something that will be enjoyed by many.

Take care everyone.  See you soon!

Ashen Fury

• Boss
« Reply #372 on: February 16, 2013, 06:13:41 AM »
So...I just accidentally clicked on an old bookmark...took me to the coh website. Pissy feelings came right back in a heartbeat. Sigh.

Also, I will gladly join the JR lovetrain. You messaged me right after the shutdown and chatted with me about it, it was really nice and something that I really needed. I'm glad we got to play together a bunch of times before the shutdown.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 06:18:56 AM by Ashen Fury »
Permanently Scrapperlocked.

Love CoH music? Want EVERY SINGLE FILE?
http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7192.0.html

Triplash

• Elite Boss
« Reply #373 on: February 16, 2013, 01:15:06 PM »
Hello everyone, I'm Scott.  I'm new here to the Titan Forums

*waves* Howdy! Welcome to the nuthouse forums :D

Also, there's a lovetrain for JR? I'll hop on! I barely know the guy and I like him.

*emails johnrobey a lovely gift basket of flavored teas*

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #374 on: February 16, 2013, 03:30:15 PM »
*waves* Howdy! Welcome to the nuthouse forums :D

Also, there's a lovetrain for JR? I'll hop on! I barely know the guy and I like him.

*emails johnrobey a lovely gift basket of flavored teas*
*thank you for the gift of teas that just arrived*   How ever did you know?  ;)  *munches absently on a few nuts; today i like almonds*  Thanks SG Titans for the love; i think i must have (and do) really need it - things are as they say "medically interesting" for me at the present moment, tho not life-threatening merely "interesting" - and yeah i have actual diagnoses and even medications for some of it.  Thus far 52 has been an interesting year that included a 3-month of warning then watching a world end; so my diversion after CoH sunset has been thinking about the environment(s) on our one shared planet and how it might all somehow be better - hence the meds for helping me think not too much.  If i were more advanced in Meditation i might not even need any meds - seriously one MSW i knew thought in the future all medicine/medical assistance would  involve a "prescription" meditation referred to by the Buddhists as mindfulness tho in the West i think we just call this simple "consideration"; and meditation, per se, (per a Satguru from India) is merely what one chooses to pay attention to; e.g. watching television is a meditation, even tho the western mind often doesn't think of it this way.  Anyhow for physiological reasons i might have the attention span at times of a fruitfly--but no worries, i have followup appointments with pro's next week.  Like the one wise lady said once "Compassion is the answer to everything."  (Apologies if i am quoting V.V. out of context 'cause i think remember that a theme in more than one of her novels.)  My interpretation may be off and/or i may be misremembering but that was the message i got when reading Magic's Price and Magic's Pawn.  Let me shamelessly (meaning without fear) plug one of our great(est) leaders here on Titan:  http://www.mercedeslackey.com/biblio_series.html  http://www.mercedeslackey.com/  I really recommend her novels highly; the work(s) of her artist-husband Larry Dixon, and i Thank TITAN NETWORK and TonyV for introduction to Rae, the Quinch, all of Team Wildcard, and each and all of you amazing people!  What the children and adults of all ages have been able to accomplish truly amaze me.  I'm currently meditating/contemplating:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FXv7Da0ueso  with renewed respects and best regards to Samuraiko/Michelle T./D_R  As per the homosexual agenda i'm enjoined to "Be *FABULOUS*"   Man, i hope i am up to the task.  Have a super day!!
/em holdtorch

P.S. Where is June Larkin? or maybe i'm thinking of Alan and/or a different June.  Best wishes for a beautiful day - remember to let your inner light shine where it matters most on the inside - and as Heroes we can each of us make a positive difference we have yet to realize (or as i prefer to think of it) to actualize.

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #375 on: February 16, 2013, 04:02:22 PM »
Apologies if I posted this before.  Just like with books, music and film i often repeat watch that which has special meaning for me.  I think the ideas presented in the video are nifty:  http://www.ted.com/talks/young_ha_kim_be_an_artist_right_now.html?utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_campaign=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=button__2013-02-15

I also really love this presentation:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0KYU2j0TM4  (omg! if this lady is shy, i want to learn how to be shy in the manner she is)

Please feel free, dear Moderator,  if I am posting too much and/or duplicating what's been said before.  Thank you for your moderation.   :)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #376 on: February 17, 2013, 11:27:07 AM »
*blushes and hides*   
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #377 on: February 17, 2013, 01:14:46 PM »
Please feel free, dear Moderator,  if I am posting too much and/or duplicating what's been said before.  Thank you for your moderation.   :)

Nope, you're posting exactly the right amount!

healix

• Elite Boss
« Reply #378 on: February 17, 2013, 02:42:51 PM »

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
« Reply #379 on: February 18, 2013, 03:23:57 AM »

First, fellow Titans, a heartfelt Thank You from my limbic system!  <3  (my attempt at a heart graphic  - which reminds me of a young child's drawing that might be a horse or a dog or a cow, but clearly has 4 limbs, a head and a tail *wink*)

TonyV, sir, you know you're only encouraging me - consider this fair warning.   ;)

Ms. Victrix, dear Victoria, i should warn you that I've let the genie out of the bottle and Allison Springs, one of your very truest most ardent fans will soon be listening to the podcasts on http://secretworldchronicle.com/ if she hasn't already started.  (I am a "bad" fan in that I am presently unable to keep up; really I have to limit my brain today to what stimulus i give it, but I mentioned your nifty podcast in consortium with Baen Publishing to an author who has a finished manuscript that her editor has decided isn't quite "young adult" even tho Pamela thinks Y.A. is where it fits, but tells me the publishing industry is changing/has changed and that anything too long or even vaguely challenging is presently not thought suitable for young adults.  I gather J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series might have trouble being published today under the present climate.  Color me surprised!

Dear Healix, may I borrow (read: copy) that graphic for personal use?  It expresses true love so perfectly!  I would like to send that to several friends and might also like to use that as my computer's background wallpaper.

To everyone else here on Titan, Thank you for the recent "love train"; it really made getting thru this latest adversity much nicer;  therefore, I'd like to encourage everyone to hope on board and keep the love going strong; i can't yet make kewl graphical images so here's a song, a blast from my past:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQvmCzILBfE  "Love Train" by The O'Jays (HQ) with lyrics (tho LOL my comp isnt showing me any lyrics.)

For those who can see stand to view the 1970's unfiltered by animations and avatars here it is again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CqS_NjIHH0