Author Topic: How are you handling the loss?  (Read 188562 times)

Perfidus

• Elite Boss
  • "I, ah.. understand."
    • My arts.
Re: How are you handling the loss?
« Reply #340 on: February 11, 2013, 07:54:00 AM »
Right there with you. I'd also give anything to be doing an RP in the streets, and have it screwed up by a NPC civilian that shoves me out of the way, as they're thanking me for whatever deed I'd supposedly done.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #341 on: February 11, 2013, 09:13:21 AM »
Y'know what pains me? Right now we'd have Bio Armor, Martial Combat and Sorcery. I so wanted to play those sets! Ugh! It's just so frustrating.

srmalloy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #342 on: February 11, 2013, 05:10:36 PM »
I would give up every other game in order to play the Orange Bagel and layercake cave maps again.  And I hated them.

I don't know what's more depressing -- that I agree with you, or that I read that line and I could see the panorama that appeared on the screen as you stepped through the doorway into the layer-cake room, including where the mobs by the door would be standing.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #343 on: February 11, 2013, 05:17:24 PM »
Y'know what pains me? Right now we'd have Bio Armor, Martial Combat and Sorcery. I so wanted to play those sets! Ugh! It's just so frustrating.

Tell me about it.  I was just thinking LAST NIGHT of a character that used Martial Combat.

And I had a Titan Weapon/Bio Armor Brute (Yes, loosely based on Nightmare from Soul Calibur) on the Beta server that I didn't really get to play with.  I would have loved to play him (or something similar) on the live servers, because I really liked what I saw of Bio Armor (especially the ability to only show certain parts of the armor; it was essentially another level of costume customization).

Such a horrible shame.

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #344 on: February 11, 2013, 05:56:25 PM »
Tell me about it.  I was just thinking LAST NIGHT of a character that used Martial Combat.

And I had a Titan Weapon/Bio Armor Brute (Yes, loosely based on Nightmare from Soul Calibur) on the Beta server that I didn't really get to play with.  I would have loved to play him (or something similar) on the live servers, because I really liked what I saw of Bio Armor (especially the ability to only show certain parts of the armor; it was essentially another level of costume customization).

Such a horrible shame.

heh, your not the only one who made soul caliber replicates lol, i had a titan weapon toon on live using the fleshy axe and i made him look like astaroth lol, i didnt go with invuln secondary because titan weapons was a massive end hog so i used energy aura for the end drain

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #345 on: February 11, 2013, 08:13:05 PM »
heh, your not the only one who made soul caliber replicates lol, i had a titan weapon toon on live using the fleshy axe and i made him look like astaroth lol, i didnt go with invuln secondary because titan weapons was a massive end hog so i used energy aura for the end drain
I had an Electric Armor/Titan Weapon Tank on Infinity named Agent Atomic. He used the Atomic Mace, and was given the nickname of "baby rattle" by a friend I ran with.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #346 on: February 11, 2013, 08:18:43 PM »
Yeah, if I'd made a Bio Armor character on live, it probably would have been more original, but on the Beta server I didn't spend as much time coming up with concepts or appearances, I just wanted to jump right into the new powersets or content, so I tended to be less creative. :D

Bio Armor was perfect for representing Nightmare's one mutated arm, though.  (I was basing it off ofthe 2P costume from Soul Calibur II)

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #347 on: February 12, 2013, 12:22:51 AM »
 ;D My favorite toon was my Korra look alike, water bender from hell. I got a kick out of air mailing a water glob on the bosses..Good times!
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

Morvani

• Underling
« Reply #348 on: February 12, 2013, 05:58:17 AM »
The only 'kid' of mine that definitely was influenced by outside popular media, IIRC, was an homage to two Hong Kong action films: Mr. Vampire, and a more obscure film called '2002'. He was a gay, nominally Taoist-ish priest (but knew practices of other faiths - lots of them) who saw dead people. He was also a pretty good excuse for me to practice my abysmal Mandarin.

He referred to himself as a 'concierge in the Green Room of the afterlife'. And he was a lot of fun. I miss him. And the rest of my brain-children.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #349 on: February 12, 2013, 07:07:47 AM »
The only 'kid' of mine that definitely was influenced by outside popular media, IIRC, was an homage to two Hong Kong action films: Mr. Vampire, and a more obscure film called '2002'. He was a gay, nominally Taoist-ish priest (but knew practices of other faiths - lots of them) who saw dead people. He was also a pretty good excuse for me to practice my abysmal Mandarin.

He referred to himself as a 'concierge in the Green Room of the afterlife'. And he was a lot of fun. I miss him. And the rest of my brain-children.
Well, the characters I miss number in the dozens. There's Agent Standin, Arbiter Pinny, Arilou, Dark Dave, Emerald Radiant, Tanker Belle, Tan'Ker, Steel Point, Unit 452, Master E, Agent Electron, Cog Caster, Sasyk, Nano Crusader, Serenity Dark, Dark Anarchy, Captain Wrong (and his Wrongbots), and just about the entire roster of the Bouquet of Roses super group and Roses Gone Wild villain group.

Yeah, I was a bit of an Altaholic...
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #350 on: February 12, 2013, 08:37:26 AM »
I still feel like 'something' is missing from my life. There have been times when I could have really used 'heading into the City' to help my head and heart. It was that way for eight years....a place to celebrate, a place to vent, a place to be creative, a place to share with friends and a place to be a 'me' I could never be in real life. How long will I feel this way?

Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

LadyShin

• Elite Boss
« Reply #351 on: February 13, 2013, 12:57:12 AM »
I still feel like 'something' is missing from my life. There have been times when I could have really used 'heading into the City' to help my head and heart. It was that way for eight years....a place to celebrate, a place to vent, a place to be creative, a place to share with friends and a place to be a 'me' I could never be in real life. How long will I feel this way?

Silverfish hand catch.  8)

There you go, all better.  ;)

..But really, know how you feel there.

And, I'm on a horse.
"Frank! It's the love boat to Cuba! Shuffle board and pineapples filled with rum. Know what they do? They put little paper umbrellas sticking out the top so that when it rains, it don't thin out the liquor."

no hero

• Lieutenant
  • Regens "do it" solo! :)
« Reply #352 on: February 13, 2013, 11:43:31 AM »
How are you handling the loss?

Drugs.
Mind altering, Depression numbing, Chemical balancing, Edge taking off Drugs.
Legally prescribed Drugs in the manner they are intended, but still
Drugs.
Samantha:  "I have to ask you a question. It's a good one so think about it. If a Player and a Game love each other, but they just can't seem to get it together, when do you get to that point of enough is enough?"

Jerry:  "Never."

Morvani

• Underling
« Reply #353 on: February 13, 2013, 02:41:34 PM »
Not well. 2012 was a very bad year for me. It started off with my grandmother dying, my cat becoming extremely ill, and my husband going in for a two week stay at the hospital due to aspiration pneumonia, with all the attendant bills, some of which we're still paying. It ended with CoH being taken away, and me making the decision to put my cat down due to stomach cancer.

This year hasn't been much better. Hubby is once again in the hospital for aspiration pneumonia, this time staying in for five weeks (so far). Mom-in-law is also in the hospital for a malady they can't pin down. Dad has been laid off his job at age 61. I've been dealing with a stubborn infection.

I very, very badly want to go home to Paragon, after all this. Hang out in Founders Falls with Trey, or Gemini Park with Parz. Go see Cape shows in Atlas Park. Heck, even run an old Posi TF, or (heavens help meh) Quaterfield.

I am, however, going to visit the local Humane Society today, to see about starting the process to adopt a cat. So that's a plus.

Quinch

« Reply #354 on: February 13, 2013, 02:43:45 PM »
I am, however, going to visit the local Humane Society today, to see about starting the process to adopt a cat.

Haven't you suffered enough?

Only joking, but of course...

Morvani

• Underling
« Reply #355 on: February 13, 2013, 03:12:37 PM »
Haven't you suffered enough?

Only joking, but of course...

Heh. Renfield was actually an exceptional cat, and we miss him terribly. We had him for sixteen years. He was very much a Velcro cat; if he wasn't directly on my lap or on my husband's legs, he'd be very close by. He purred readily (sometimes all I'd have to do was look at him), and he listened whenever I asked him to move on the bed so I could put hubby in it. He'd sometimes take wheelchair rides on hubby's lap while I pushed him around the house. He still had his claws, but only used them on the scratching post. (Okay, sometimes he'd use them on the wheels of hubby's chair, but he'd stop when I told him to.) He'd wake me up in the morning to feed him, sometimes, by tapping my cheek lightly with his paw, no claws. He was scary smart, but not in a destructive way. When we had Vladimir, our German Shepherd (passed in 07 due to metastatic cancer in his chest), the two got on very well, sometimes even napping together. I'll leave you to guess who got the bigger share of the dogbed space. On the (more frequent than I'd like) occasions when hubby has gone into the hospital, Reni was my only company at home.

Little story about him: When we first got Reni, he was a stray, found running across Mom-in-law's yard shortly after Smokey, our first GSD, was put down due to failing health. We weren't certain of his behavior, so we locked him in the back bathroom at night, with his food and litter box. The bathroom door wasn't a standard door; it was a folding one with louvers, and about an inch gap between the bottom of it and the floor. Reni did not like this confinement. However, instead of yowling all night, spraying, or scratching the crap out of the door, he found another method to express his displeasure. He dug his *ahem* spoor out of the litterbox, and shot it underneath the bathroom door, through the mud room, and out into the kitchen. Where, the next morning, hubby's aunt (who we were living with) stepped on it.

We called it Reni's 'hat trick'. He never got locked in the bathroom overnight again, and we never had any behavior problems with him.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #356 on: February 13, 2013, 03:46:07 PM »
I lost my sealpoint Birman the weekend of the announcement. Really dreadful weekend.

Found at the shelter a lovely, random black kitten to replace her. Turns out he's -- amazingly enough, a Bombay, which is a cross between my former cats, a Birman and a Brit shorthair. How's that for destiny?

He's helped a lot, exccccccccccccccccccc__________________============ept when he walks on the keyboard.

JWBullfrog

• Elite Boss
  • I didn't leave Paragon City. They threw me out!
« Reply #357 on: February 13, 2013, 05:41:27 PM »
Well, I've decided to keep the City alive in my own way. I keep writing. If you're interested follow the link below.

Keep the faith Paragonners.

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7929.0.html
As long as somebody keeps making up stories for it, the City isn't gone.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #358 on: February 14, 2013, 09:38:30 AM »
I slightly rewrote Bella's final story, removing the City references and polishing it.

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,7170.0.html

It will be appearing in the anthology "When The Hero Comes Home 2" with a forward about how NCSoft murdered my character.

This is what the editor had to say.

"Thank you again for the beautiful, touching story you submitted to When the Hero Comes Home 2. We loved it, and would be honored to include it in the anthology!"

The start of the revenge.

I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Kuriositys Kat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #359 on: February 14, 2013, 10:50:22 AM »
*opens tab to Amazon* er  I may have jumped the gun, when is anthology due out? 

I will be very interested in reading the  published version, just to see how you changed it from the source. * note to self  make sure to have  box of tissues on hand and pot of tea.*

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do!" - The Doctor