Author Topic: Logged in Nov 30th?  (Read 15743 times)

Visual Fallacy

• Underling
Logged in Nov 30th?
« on: November 08, 2012, 09:58:26 PM »
So on November 30th at the time they are shutting us down we'll all be logged in standing on Atlas steps with torches right?  They are going to have to literally kick us off with every Atlas park on every server full? Because I for one 'Do not go gentle into that good night' and will 'rage, rage against the dying of the light'

The Fifth Horseman

• Elite Boss
  • Outside known realities.
Re: Logged in Nov 30th?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 10:04:02 PM »
I intend to be in Dark Astoria. Simply because a few days back, I lost connection while levelling Silver Spartan there... and the resulting image was very, very disturbingly relevant. (hero frozen in an unnatural angle to the ground, junk and dust floating around in thin air, message about losing connection to map server in the middle of the screen)
We were heroes. We were villains. At the end of the world we all fought as one. It's what we did that defines us.
The end occurred pretty much as we predicted: all servers redlining until midnight... and then no servers to go around.

Somewhere beyond time and space, if you look hard you might find a flash of silver trailing crimson: a lone lost Spartan on his way home.

LT. Couper

• Boss
  • The battle won't end until it's won!
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 10:16:54 PM »
It is surprisingly easy for players to be forcibly logged off. Server maintenance for example...

I believe that it's more of the thought of kicking us off, rather than the difficulty of the task.
"Heroes may die, but heroism never shall." ~Cyrus "Breakneck" Thompson

eviella

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 11:36:45 PM »
I plan to have most of my alts done with anything I want to do by the 27th.

I have the 29, 30, and 1st off; when I get home from work on the 28th I'm logging in with Professor Eviella, still my favorite character.  And I'm not logging back off.  The 1st is scheduled free for the emotional collapse.

Artillerie

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 11:45:05 PM »
I guess a lot of people are going to want to be logged on then the lights go off, i know i will be.

Visual Fallacy

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 11:49:07 PM »
I believe that it's more of the thought of kicking us off, rather than the difficulty of the task.

yes exactly, I know it will just say disconnected and no fireworks or apologies or grand gestures. I just think it would be one final in-game act of standing up for what we believe in right up until the servers go dark.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 12:27:48 AM »
I'll be standing in Beta server on the steps of City Hall, or in front of the Arachnos tower in Grandville, torch held high.  They want me off the game, they'll need to kick me off.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 02:15:57 AM »
...I'm not certain I'll be able to log in for the final day. I've been forced to work most Thursdays, and given the season, I might have to work that Friday, too. Here's hoping I can swing it and log in to stand vigil in the face of the final days. My place will be where I belong the most...on the steps of City Hall, in Atlas Park 33, Torch burning. Look for Hawthorne Grimm, folks. I'll try to be there.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

CapaDevans

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 10:33:41 AM »
IF it happens - and I continue to hope :) - then I'll have the first character on my main account standing in Mercy Island at the old villain starting area; back where it all began for me. My second account will be in AP 33, torch high.

I echo the sentiment; you can kick me off, I'll not go willingly.

Omega Mark V

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2012, 03:15:06 PM »
I'll be there as well. I want my voice to be heard for CoH in game one final time, even if it's the last time.
- Omega Mk. V

Flashtoo

• Minion
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2012, 04:59:05 PM »
...I'm not certain I'll be able to log in for the final day. I've been forced to work most Thursdays, and given the season, I might have to work that Friday, too. Here's hoping I can swing it and log in to stand vigil in the face of the final days. My place will be where I belong the most...on the steps of City Hall, in Atlas Park 33, Torch burning. Look for Hawthorne Grimm, folks. I'll try to be there.

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2012, 05:05:09 PM »
I will be fighting to the end, compatriots, and hopefully the very last thing I see will be Brawling Humiliator punching some baddie in the face... or more better, he's stuck mid swing, the baddie cowering trying to avoid yet another in the dozens of pummel shots to the noggin...

Yeah.  That'd be just about right. 

I'm takin' off the 30th.  The fridge and pantry will be stocked.  I will get up, log in, and while I my switch about, I will be marathoning until the very end.  Everything else can probably wait until Dec 1.

And then I'll be here, talkin' about things, I'm sure, if not in the IRC or something.  I'm sure there'll be an afterwards thing or such.

Mike

Sugoi

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2012, 05:06:56 PM »
Or pick an AE mission, but don't go into it... and stand on the steps with your torch held high!

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2012, 05:09:29 PM »
I plan to log in on the 29th and before shut down spend time in Croatoa.  Hopefully I can watch Sally if not I be watching the wisps till they kick my gamer arse off!
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 06:55:09 PM »
I plan to be on top of Atlas' statue, with my torch held high when the lights go out.  That is where I have parked all the toons so far that I have said goodbye to (after making fraps videos of them).  aka Heroette.

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
  • "I aim to misbehave..."
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 07:21:09 PM »
The Real World Hero effort invites anyone that may not already have plans to come join us for a concluding rally in AP33 Virtue, Nov. 30th from 6:00pm PST until the servers shut down. I know Virtue isn't home to everyone and, logistically, everyone can't be in the same place, but it would be wonderful to see as many COH family members as possible. There is a small event entry in the Real World Hero thread for now (http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,6162.0.html) and we are working on ideas to make it a memorable time for all.

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 07:41:38 PM »
I can't turn an invite down.  Very well I say good bye to Croatoa then head to AP33 for the big fare well.
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2012, 07:43:40 PM »
I personally feel the need to be on the server where all my friends are when the game goes dark so I will be on Justice, crying my eyes out.

duane

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2012, 09:54:18 PM »
You will want to be logged in the evening of the 29th.  As I understand 3AM(ET) November 30 the servers go off

Mentalshock

• Boss
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2012, 10:00:32 PM »
You will want to be logged in the evening of the 29th.  As I understand 3AM(ET) November 30 the servers go off

3 AM EST, December 1st, actually.   I think.