Author Topic: Logged in Nov 30th?  (Read 15723 times)

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
  • "I aim to misbehave..."
    • Real World Hero
Re: Logged in Nov 30th?
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2012, 10:12:13 PM »
You will want to be logged in the evening of the 29th.  As I understand 3AM(ET) November 30 the servers go off

Hit Streak confirmed for us that the server shutdown is scheduled for 11:59:59 on November 30th, 2012 (Pacific Time), which would be 3:00am EST. http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showpost.php?p=4404774&postcount=44

Heat Guard

• Minion
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2012, 11:38:12 PM »
The event in Virtue sounds good, but I feel I need to be where I started, on Pinn, on Heat Guard, in Altas.  Maybe not exactly where he started, but can't go back to outbreak and I'd imagine quite a few of friends made over the last 3 years will be in Atlas, so I think it's fitting that I face the end with them there.

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2012, 11:42:52 PM »
3 a.m., December 1st. . . .

Assuming I can be awake at that hour, I will likely be logged on as Tubbius in Atlas Park on Justice.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2012, 11:43:56 PM »
I will see you there Tubbius - Heroette.

Twylite1

• Underling
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2012, 02:04:07 AM »
this is making me so sad just thinking about it...

I have no idea which toon I will be on.. maybe Neutron Pixie... maybe Twylite.. maybe Black Ice.. probably in Talos.. with the handful of SG members that are left....

this is heartbreaking, ya'll.. I've been playing since pre-beta.. I taught my 70 year old parents to play games through this game... I played with my nieces and nephews.. even kept a second account for them... I've made more friends here than any other game... I'm going to so miss it.

jabiggers

• Minion
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2012, 03:24:53 AM »
I'll be on Victory on my first toon in either grandville or mercy...

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2012, 04:05:00 PM »
After relating the Starburst story to my Friday night group, we have decided to rally as many of the full crew as possible to run task forces. With the US Thanksgiving holiday and other family obligations, this month, that will likely be the next time most of us can get together, anyway, so it seemed fitting.  We've pretty much decided that we want to be in-mission, mid-battle when the servers go dark. "In mid-swing," as one of the guys put it.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Omega Mark V

• Boss
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2012, 04:43:36 PM »
One thing I would like to say:

Cheer up!

Even though this is the last time we may be able to participate in the world we have experienced for 8+ years, we have to take the knowledge in that this game might have not existed from the start.

At least we had the game to play, and I am confident that the "World's first Superhero MMORPG" won't be making it's last appearance come December.

At least our community had something to come together with, at least we HAD this game in the first place. Keep your heads high, and hope or pray for the best. We are still a community, nonetheless.

Omega Mark V, /endspeech
- Omega Mk. V

Rotten Luck

• Elite Boss
  • "I'd rather go out a hero than a coward."
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2012, 05:12:10 PM »
And thought it be the end we be standing together!  Noble / or determined as ever! 

Our resolve was not broken just reinforced by us standing side by side!

Eat, Drink, and be Merry for tomorrow we may die.  BUT NOT TODAY!
One way or another... Heroes will fly again!

Heavy Ion

• Minion
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2012, 05:23:17 PM »
I had just started a new character, Heavy Core, in Virtue when the closure announcement was made. Aside from logging in with all characters for the purpose of saving their data in Sentinel and spending a little time with my first 50, I can't bring myself to play any of my old toons anymore. They are already gone to me - even my namesake. It would just be too hard to play them again and truly realize how much I'm going to miss them. Instead, I will continue to play Heavy Core (who I have enjoyed playing as much as any other character) until the lights go out in AP33 - shoulder to shoulder with the greatest community that has ever existed in the MMO world.

Arctic Force.

• Lieutenant
  • I am A Blaster.....Floors Fear Me!!
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2012, 06:26:19 PM »
Steps of Atlas Justice on Arctic.
One the biggest entertainment franchises was saved by a letter writing campaign. Now it has 4 spin-off tv shows an animated series, eleven movies plus 1 in the works, multiple games And pretty much started "Fan-Cons". Thanks Mr. Roddenberry  Earn free bitcoin

Visual Fallacy

• Underling
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2012, 09:41:45 PM »
I'll be logged in with Pink Danger Girl on Virtue if I can get the other danger girls to log in too, if not I will probably be on Badazcium X-1 if I can get the other Badazciums to log in :D ...

actually I'll probably be on Wonder Ma or Light Shimmer. I wish I could log in all my characters at once I feel like they all deserve one last act of defiance.

Kuriositys Kat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2012, 10:36:30 PM »
For me it will be Dec 1 at 6:59 PM (AEST). On my namesake toon, Kuriosity's Kat, City Hall, Triumph.   I plan to be on-line all day, just being available to help with what ever. If we go out fighting so much the better if not I  will be on the steps of City Hall.
"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, and somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do!" - The Doctor

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2012, 11:48:56 PM »
Steps of City Hall in AP, on Guardian! Saluting!

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2012, 05:25:33 PM »
I personally feel the need to be on the server where all my friends are when the game goes dark so I will be on Justice, crying my eyes out.

Hi Heroette!  I'll be right there with you, on Justice, crying my eyes out RL while I watch my toon dance in Pocket D until the shutdown/mapserver disconnect notice.  Until then, I hope to party, trade stories and camaraderie, and even team up and do missions until Game Over.  (I might have to server hop some 11/30 depending on which old friends show up for the final day of game play.)
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2012, 05:30:29 PM »
You will want to be logged in the evening of the 29th.  As I understand 3AM(ET) November 30 the servers go off

Hi Duane!!  Nice seeing old friends here.  My understanding is Game Down is scheduled for Midnight Pacific time 11/30, which is 3 EST 12/1.  And man, will I be torn if the SGs on Justice all logs in as well as the SGs on Victory!!  Happily for me most of the time the two SGs were active during different times and only rarely did I have to pick.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Palladiamors

• Minion
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2012, 11:36:20 AM »
I will be logged on Delgran,  my first permanent character,  right until the end.  As depressing as that is to think about.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2012, 11:40:48 AM »
It will depend on whether John Murdock's player is going to be able to vigil with me or not.  If yes, it will be by his side, on Sera.  If not, it will be either on Vickie (my signature character) or Bella (my first).
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

OzonePrime

• Elite Boss
  • Never Give Up! Never Surrender!
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2012, 02:27:02 PM »
Steps of City Hall in AP, on Guardian! Saluting!
as Indigo Fey, my first alt.

Jordan_Lee

• Lieutenant
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2012, 02:34:45 PM »
Virtue is my home server, so I will (try) to be there. If it is congested as I think it will be I may not be able to get in. Jordan Lee was my first 50 and I have rerolled her as various characters, mostly /regen scrappers, on different servers. But my favorite is Sara's Screams. Sara is my badge toon and my main. Whenever something new comes out, especially if it contains badges, she was the first of my characters to experience it. And she'll be the one standing when the servers fall. Though no where nears City Hall because I expect the frame rate there to be terrifying, but maybe off in a corner of Atlas Park. Bawling my effin eyes out.