Author Topic: Current position/Update  (Read 47848 times)

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
Re: Current position/Update
« Reply #180 on: November 15, 2012, 01:59:54 PM »
As much as I hate playing Devil's advocate, this seems counter-intuitive to me, based on my brief time as a car salesman.  So, bearing in mind that I wasn't a very good one, we were told that interest in the product weakened the buyer's negotiating position. Particularly if there is more than one interested party, NCSoftcore (I, for one, am never letting go of that one, even if they "redeem themselves.") may see an opportunity to, if nothing else, stick it to us.
While this might be more "red side" than "blue," making something unattractive to hold on to is a tactic that buyers with sufficient PR clout have used in the past to overcome this supply/demand law. Now, it won't help in the face of multiple interested buyers bidding it up, but it will help ensure that NCSoft will sell at the best price it can get, rather than trying to drive the price up higher with negotiating tactics.

Kaiser Tarantula

• Elite Boss
  • @Nerva
« Reply #181 on: November 15, 2012, 02:27:56 PM »
Flails at the security goons with her Giant Purse.

HOOLIGANS!  RUFFIANS!  DOES YOUR MOTHER KNOW YOU BEAT UP HELPLESS OLD LADIES?
Perfect.  Now the deception is complete.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #182 on: November 15, 2012, 02:48:32 PM »
Thank you, Segev. The whole thing just recast as the folks from Burn Notice. Rae, you are now, and forever, Fi. :p
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #183 on: November 15, 2012, 03:01:52 PM »
I'll take it  ;D
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Ammon

• Team Wildcard
  • Boss
  • UK marketing guy and City of Heroes addict
« Reply #184 on: November 15, 2012, 03:11:24 PM »
As much as I hate playing Devil's advocate, this seems counter-intuitive to me, based on my brief time as a car salesman.  So, bearing in mind that I wasn't a very good one, we were told that interest in the product weakened the buyer's negotiating position. Particularly if there is more than one interested party, NCSoftcore (I, for one, am never letting go of that one, even if they "redeem themselves.") may see an opportunity to, if nothing else, stick it to us.
There are two vital reasons why our continued support for COH must be not only strong, but also seen to be strong.

The first is that Marketing is all about supplying a demand.  You see, old style businesses would invent or make something, and then look for a way to sell it to people.  Marketing turned that backwards, and was the first time real strategy was applied to business.  Marketing looks for where people already want something, and then looks at how you can produce it and make profit.  We need to show that City of Heroes still has a market - people wanting it and prepared to pay for having it.

The second is that we have already affected NCsoft's willingness to sell, and our continued action not only increases the value to any prospective buyer by showing them there is still strong consumer demand for the 'product', it also makes NCsoft more and more eager to sell it and have us go back to playing and ceasing to give them such a terrible black eye.

Our continued action and noise makes a deal after the closure a lot more possible.  It helps push the desire by both the buyer and seller to reach an agreement.  It makes the buyer see more opportunity in buying it, and it makes NCsoft see more cost to keeping it.

Colette

• Elite Boss
« Reply #185 on: November 15, 2012, 07:54:26 PM »
"Every bit of the grief [NCSoft is] getting, they have earned three times over."

There's more than what we've heard? Dang! Message received and understood. :: Salutes. ::

"NCSoftcore (I, for one, am never letting go of that one, even if they 'redeem themselves.')"

And I shall continue to be insufferably pleased with myself for stumbling upon that little gem.

"You'll have to excuse me.  I must go laugh maniacally about this."

I've been practicing. Laugh with me! Mwuh hahha hahhaaa!

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #186 on: November 15, 2012, 09:09:59 PM »
I didn't say it was a perfect analogy. :)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

KnightHawk Prime

• Elite Boss
« Reply #187 on: November 15, 2012, 10:43:12 PM »
Thank you, Segev. The whole thing just recast as the folks from Burn Notice. Rae, you are now, and forever, Fi. :p

Rae as Gabrielle Anwar in a slinky short black dress, with a Barrett Light .50?

OooooOOOooo! *falls out of chair.*

2cp. ;]

Palladiamors

• Minion
« Reply #188 on: November 16, 2012, 11:41:59 PM »
Here it is.  Good to see this thread wasn't as plagued by...unicorns as the one on the official forum.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #189 on: November 17, 2012, 04:30:13 AM »
Congratulations; I just pictured you as Mrs. Weston (the main character of Burn Notice's Mom).

MIIIIICHAEL!    MIIIICHAEL!   GET THESE THUGS OFF OF ME!
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

downix

• Phoenix Project Technical Lead
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #190 on: November 17, 2012, 08:18:27 AM »
Here it is.  Good to see this thread wasn't as plagued by...unicorns as the one on the official forum.
No, we have our own threads for Unicorns:

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,5582.0.html