Author Topic: An organized (sorta) shot at #SaveCoH on the Humble 'leader' board  (Read 19866 times)

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
*update* We're now on the boards at #1!  No, really. #1.

Just as HIB6 ended, they fired up the Humble eBook Bundle, the present board for top contributors is all under $250, except the #1 at $1,000.
Unfortunately, the funds have to come from one location in order to get on the 'leader board', as such we are using a ChipIn to raise funds, and the Humble URL will be shares with anyone who contributes. If you want to contribute click here: http://grimm.chipin.com/savecoh-humble-bundle and put whatever you feel you can afford in the pot!

In this instance, you get 11 eBooks from various authors (including one by some Mercedes Lackey? .. never heard of her....), not only do you get the first in the Secret World series (based off CoH!), you get a graphic novel by Gaiman, 2 Penny Arcade books and an XKCD book. How much win is that?!

It's a win all the way around:
Get eBooks
Support Charity
Maybe give some money to our local celebrity who's been working her tuchus off for the cause
Get SaveCoH more notice

What's not to love?

Now, in the interest of absolute transparency:
due to the nature of a ChipIn account, the money will be going to my personal PayPal account. I will make sure there is no risk of 'mingling' funds.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 07:46:39 AM by Zolgar »

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
Re: Another shot at #SaveCoH on the Humble 'leader' board.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 01:31:06 AM »
As a reminder, the leaderboard is for individual donations. So for #SaveCoH to get on the leaderboard, a single person would have to donate enough to put it there. They do not combine donations from multiple people donating under the same name.

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2012, 01:34:53 AM »
As a reminder, the leaderboard is for individual donations. So for #SaveCoH to get on the leaderboard, a single person would have to donate enough to put it there. They do not combine donations from multiple people donating under the same name.

Feh says I, feh!

.. someone guy buy it for $250 then! ;)

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 02:09:38 AM »
I talked to some Bronies that got on the board last round.

Everyone pitched into a chipin account, one person bought the stuff with their bronie tag, and shared everyone the games they wanted. (Actually I think they put the games in a dropbox folder and people DL'd them from there).

Remember these are DRM free, and nobody cares if you share them with friends or a fellow from your buyer's pool.  The point of this is to make money for charity.  We (the contributors) all go into this knowing that it's the charity that is important (and so far, Humble has made seven MILLION dollars for charity).
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 02:15:23 AM »

Everyone pitched into a chipin account, one person bought the stuff with their bronie tag, and shared everyone the games they wanted. (Actually I think they put the games in a dropbox folder and people DL'd them from there).

If people would be interested in doing this, I can start up the Chip-In for this bundle. Though we'd need to decide what percentage went where..

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 02:27:44 AM »
Looks like they have a number of great titles there. Also seven million dollars is a lot. Don't forget the individual in my link to the left is a loyal CoHer who will not have the luxury of similar support, so for those who want a more individual cause there's always that. Breaks my heart.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

Quinch

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 02:39:07 AM »
If people would be interested in doing this, I can start up the Chip-In for this bundle. Though we'd need to decide what percentage went where..

Offhand suggestion, 45/45/10? What'd be the best way to pool the money, anyway? Kickstarter seems to be the popular venue these days and one most people would be familiar with, but does something like this qualify for its ToS?

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 02:41:09 AM »
Offhand suggestion, 45/45/10? What'd be the best way to pool the money, anyway? Kickstarter seems to be the popular venue these days and one most people would be familiar with, but does something like this qualify for its ToS?

Chip-in. It's basically a joint account that allows multiple people to pitch money in for one specific purpose. We used one a while back when we shipped Grimm off to Washington >.>

Quinch

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 02:45:03 AM »
Walk me through it? Where do we send the money?

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 02:48:56 AM »
Walk me through it? Where do we send the money?

I hadn't started one up yet, but this appears to be the indication that there's interest.. so gimme a few minutes and I'll do so.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 02:51:31 AM »
Chip-in. It's basically a joint account that allows multiple people to pitch money in for one specific purpose. We used one a while back when we shipped Grimm off to Washington >.>

Also used it to help a couple of Cape DJs out.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 03:07:51 AM »
Also used it to help a couple of Cape DJs out.

Yep, forgot about that one.

and now.. it's being used for this purpose!
Link is in the original post.

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
Re: An organized (sorta) shot at #SaveCoH on the Humble 'leader' board
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 03:13:08 AM »
Nice! I'm glad there's a way to make this happen. :) I stickied the thread for now to help get some more traffic to it.

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 03:17:41 AM »
I think it's just that i am overtired but what am i doing? Click on the link at the top and buy a book? I just need to know what to do and what are we doing with the money? The za thing or something else...i no comprehend human when tired.

Oh wait i think i got it...We donate on chip-in, you buy the books so we make top 10 and look good and then you send us digital copies so we can read them right? And the money is going to charity...which one?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 03:23:57 AM by Moonfyire101 »

Quinch

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 03:23:34 AM »
Alrighty, chipped in ten schmuckers.

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 03:23:54 AM »
I think it's just that i am overtired but what am i doing? Click on the link at the top and buy a book? I just need to know what to do and what are we doing with the money? The za thing or something else...i no comprehend human when tired.

Hmm.. maybe I is slightly confusing in statements.
http://grimm.chipin.com/savecoh-humble-bundle
Click that ^

Throw however much monies you want in on it.
That monies then gets put to the already-done Humble purchase, under the #SaveCoH tag.
Then, you get link of doom for download of ebooks.

Moonfyire101

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 03:30:14 AM »
Does it take paypal? I'll do it when i wake up, i just need paypal.

Quinch

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2012, 04:33:24 AM »
Yep.

Also, got my link - thanks Zolgar. By the way, should I plug this thread in Virtue's Help chat when I get back home?

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2012, 07:09:11 AM »
Yep.

Also, got my link - thanks Zolgar. By the way, should I plug this thread in Virtue's Help chat when I get back home?

If you like. :)

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2012, 06:36:05 PM »
Looks like they have a number of great titles there. Also seven million dollars is a lot. Don't forget the individual in my link to the left is a loyal CoHer who will not have the luxury of similar support, so for those who want a more individual cause there's always that. Breaks my heart.
Which "link to you left" and what "similar support" does he lack? I'm missing something here, and it sounds important.