1 (3.2%)
WheezyWaiter
0 (0%)
Lamarr Wilson
1 (3.2%)
Grandpa
2 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Event: Sing To Save Your City!  (Read 17195 times)

Elfin

• Lieutenant
  • Never Fear Elfin Is Here
    • Ken's Super Sci Fi Page
Re: Event: Sing To Save Your City!
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2012, 01:57:00 AM »
Okay here is my entry in the Supernote call to action. Public speaking is not for me but I did my best, and even though I can sing LOL well that didn't turn out well either, but I am doing my part to get the word out about our cause.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MG6cMQ_iKI&feature=plcp

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2012, 10:38:44 AM »
Okay here is my entry in the Supernote call to action. Public speaking is not for me but I did my best, and even though I can sing LOL well that didn't turn out well either, but I am doing my part to get the word out about our cause.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MG6cMQ_iKI&feature=plcp
Nice job, Elfin!
And the part about your sister, Rhonda, was very touching.

Elfin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2012, 04:34:06 PM »
Yeah wish I was better in front of the camera. Or had the ability to remember lines. When I was younger I remember doing some plays and always remembered my lines but age has taken that ability from me. I hope Rhonda approves of me using her to help in this. The last thing I want to do is tarnish her memory in any way, but I do think of her and have good memories when I play that toon.

Nafaustu

• Boss
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2012, 04:47:31 PM »
Is there a deadline or timetable for this?   I didn't see one in the first post, and it may very well have been answered, but i'm trying to get as much information into the table of contents/mission statement thread i'm working on, so i'm short on time to read it all through.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2012, 05:26:48 PM »
Is there a deadline or timetable for this?   I didn't see one in the first post, and it may very well have been answered, but i'm trying to get as much information into the table of contents/mission statement thread i'm working on, so i'm short on time to read it all through.
I think it has to be by the end of the month, let me glance over the thread again.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2012, 05:29:12 PM »
Found it on the Rhett & Link rules page;

9. Videos must be posted and live on YouTube before midnight Eastern Time on Oct. 31st.

Elfin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2012, 09:52:47 PM »
yes must be posted as a response to your team captains supernote video by Oct. 31st

Elfin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2012, 02:57:16 PM »
There does not seem to be a lot of interest from people to do this. Which is sad cause if evrybody did it, it it would have a huge impact. The bad pr for NCSoft would be off the wall. I mean I did it. Its really embarrassing but I did it for COH. If I can do it anybody can do it.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2012, 12:47:31 AM »
There does not seem to be a lot of interest from people to do this. Which is sad cause if evrybody did it, it it would have a huge impact. The bad pr for NCSoft would be off the wall. I mean I did it. Its really embarrassing but I did it for COH. If I can do it anybody can do it.

Uh...."anybody" that happens to have a working camera and mic on their computer (I do not), video editing software (I do not), knows how to upload these things to youtube (I do not) and a real broadband connection to upload the thing (I do not).  Which means I have to dig out the video camera that came with a grab bag, figure out how to use it, record my thing, and email it to TimTheEnchanter who has offered to do the editing and uploading for me.  I am pretty sure I am not the only one in this position.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Elfin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2012, 05:33:39 PM »
For those who don,t have the equipment or the know how I understand. I had to figure it out myself. I used my cell phone to shoot the live action shots with the help of my daughter. Then I uploaded them to You tube. I then redownloaded the live action shots to my computer which converted them to mp4 files. I used fraps a free program to video shoot game scenes. These also I iploaded to you tube and then redowloaded to my computer because the avi files are around 130 mb and when I download them back from you tube they are only 8 mb mp4 files. I put all the scenes together in windows movie maker and then added title pages in you tube editor. Tolk a little planning to figure out how to do it and it didn't turn out as well as I would of liked mostly because of my bad memory and bad camera persona lol I am not mad just disappointed more people didn't do it. As for you Victoria chill you have done plenty. Far more than me in our efforts and I am in your debt.

Quinch

« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2012, 07:49:12 PM »
Yep - not everyone has a webcam and a microphone on hand - I had to record mine on my digital camera, for example. So while a simple idea in theory, it is hindered by technical issues of would-be participants.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2012, 11:43:13 PM »
For those who don,t have the equipment or the know how I understand. I had to figure it out myself. I used my cell phone to shoot the live action shots with the help of my daughter. Then I uploaded them to You tube. I then redownloaded the live action shots to my computer which converted them to mp4 files. I used fraps a free program to video shoot game scenes. These also I iploaded to you tube and then redowloaded to my computer because the avi files are around 130 mb and when I download them back from you tube they are only 8 mb mp4 files. I put all the scenes together in windows movie maker and then added title pages in you tube editor.

**Head explodes**

I couldn't even figure out how to use the MIDS things over here.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2012, 12:26:08 PM »
I'm really not comfy putting myself on video on the web, sorry :-/  I'm all ready to click and vote and things, though!
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Fansy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2012, 12:44:54 PM »
Hail!

Elfin! Amazing! I love how you explained your cause and really show cased your compassion. You've inspired me, my friend, and tho I won't reveal who I did it for I have taken a team! I have uploaded my own super note video with a reference or five to this cause which hasn't gone ignored but that Easter egg hunt is for all of you to find! Here's a hint (13/m/fl)

Now why haven't I been posting, what have I been busy doing? Glad you pondered! I've been singing another tune tho admittedly not as awesome to some of the more popular ears of celebrities who do not just range in the inner sanctum of the internet. I've had, truthfully, varied results; some from publicist, some from staffers on the accounts, and so far 4 actual (with face time!) chats with the lyrical geniuses of today's popularity.

What does this mean?

... What? No really. What does it mean?

Huh?

OH right! I'm the one with the secret to tell, for a second there I thought I was asking you. Grandpa's senility is rubbing off.

Any who! The super amazing secret collaboration of in-game events! Is....

To Be Announced!
^
Dun Dun Duuuu~uuun!

I'm still stringing the details but everything's looking pretty good for a decent performance.

As for everyone else, continue to do the best you can for the cause, Heroes! I know that your spirit will not cave to the depressing mood NCSoft has TRIED to wash over on all of you, there is still a light and it's reachable. Really depends on how many steps, even if small, are you willing to take when wearing heavy boots?

Remember, you are heroes and this is exactly what you do.

Sincerely,
Fansy

Elfin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2012, 07:05:55 PM »
Not sure I deserve that, but thanks Fancy

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2012, 10:54:51 PM »
...gee, and all I've been doing is posting Segev's brilliant press release to feminist bloggers...

*hangs head in shame*