1 (3.2%)
WheezyWaiter
0 (0%)
Lamarr Wilson
1 (3.2%)
Grandpa
2 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Event: Sing To Save Your City!  (Read 17197 times)

Fansy

• Lieutenant
Event: Sing To Save Your City!
« on: October 03, 2012, 12:50:29 PM »
Hail, Heroes ( Villains & Neuts! )

I am finally revealing the next Call to Action which will help spread this message to a space unimaginable through( and with) resources commonly found in today's life, but before we begin there is one thing you must do right now before I continue. Well, two things. The first and most important of them all is going to here( Click below!):
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gOc5vTy3BHw#.

Are you done? Wonderful, now my heroic friends I need you to partake in this message!( Click Below!):
http://rhettandlink.com/supernote-guidelines#rules

Did you get all that? You didn't? Well fluff your petals, and prepare yourself for a hug of happiness that no good guy could ever forget! No? Not into hugging? How about if I poke you, would poking you with happiness be sufficient? Oh yes! Back on topic, and I am sure you are wondering, '' Fansy, just what is it you're doing? '' Well my fellow friend, I will now explain our side of it!

We are Good Team!
And this is how we achieve our goal of spreading the message! I need at least ten volunteers. Why? Because there are ten team captains, and each Captain will need a super noter from our cause who can make a video (myself included) and submit it to a Captain in reply. Also explaining (in the video) either before or after your note what it is we are doing, why you are heroes, and how they can help ( Remember links!) to save your City and to aid you in this momentous cause! My suggestion would be to wear anything like a cape ( that you might of ordered ) or a costume of some sort, show the side you are on but that you all fight to save your City or keep it (Villains..bleh!) Lets show them what a community like yours is capable of!

However!
We must NOT send in the reply to the SAME TEAM CAPTAIN! That would actually be hurtful to the cause as we won't get (and we WANT) maximum exposure. Due to it being a community effort I will leave the Captain's choices to you; as a Community, per person but I ask and beg, plea, and sing a note of integral importance that you collaborate here and each pick a Captain (exhaust all ten) before choosing the same as your friend! Though we may all wish to be part of IJustine, or Felicia Day's Team we mustn't give in to our urges, we must spread it around equally and once ten different people have made ten different super note (with SaveCoH's message) we can THEN swamp the Team Captain of choice though once making a video, as per the rules (since none need or want to be disqualified) can make but one video response to one Captain.

This is going to be fun, and help spread the message farther than you can ever imagine! Not to mention Rhett & Link love this idea more than you could imagine, but they said they will be watching closely to make sure we do not have duplicate videos by the same person. Also, this will give the Captain's a fair amount of love on each side while expanding support to this effort!

Below are the Team Captains that are able to be chosen. Please reply with the Captain of your choice (cross check to make sure no one else has chosen that Captain yet!) until the list is filled out. If you are the last person and you did not particularly want that Captain all I have to say is... think of the cape-less heroes in the street..

Now, lets get out there and show Youtube, no the world what this cause is truly about!

All of you! Join me to Sing To Save Your City!

For the win,
Fansy The ''Famous'' Bard

Team Captains (Pick one!)
Daily Grace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rikDa0Ick_0#!

DanIsNotOnFire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_98170&feature=iv&src_vid=gOc5vTy3BHw&v=G2JzivdkP_c

Felicia Day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_790382&feature=iv&src_vid=gOc5vTy3BHw&v=6QXWzEnkU70

IJustine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_882606&feature=iv&list=UUey_c7U86mJGz1VJWH5CYPA&src_vid=gOc5vTy3BHw&v=tOIdUN25rI8

NicePeter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_720600&feature=iv&index=1&list=UUMoTpNm75IhO0mtfpoh5LXw&src_vid=gOc5vTy3BHw&v=0CNaWKVVEb8

Tyler Oakley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_227765&feature=iv&src_vid=gOc5vTy3BHw&v=Bk-CLMZJItI

RhettandLink
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_846127&feature=iv&src_vid=gOc5vTy3BHw&v=SMjlJLNkJaw

SourceFed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_277441&feature=iv&index=1&list=UU_gE-kg7JvuwCNlbZ1-shlA&src_vid=gOc5vTy3BHw&v=ejduclGUs2E

WheezyWaiter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_628881&feature=iv&src_vid=gOc5vTy3BHw&v=HtlKZZDufeY

Lamarr Wilson(Wilson Tech1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_629893&feature=iv&index=1&list=UUOcE8WdQOSeqFczVxGatGKg&src_vid=gOc5vTy3BHw&v=whfw7O3bCYA

There you have it!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 07:18:48 PM by TonyV »

Copper Cockroach

• Boss
  • Phoenix Project: 2D Art Lead
Re: IP
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 12:58:26 PM »
Intellectual Property? Independence Port? Interdimensional Popovers?

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 01:03:32 PM »
Intellectual Property? Independence Port? Interdimensional Popovers?
Internet Power? O.o

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 01:04:10 PM »
Internet Protocol
Internal Procedures
Ineffectual Posturing

pandora114

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 01:07:15 PM »
You are not Pepsiman, you cannot pee freely around here, sorry.

*puts up a litter box*

Copper Cockroach

• Boss
  • Phoenix Project: 2D Art Lead
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 01:13:26 PM »
Pepsiman can pee wherever he pleases. Fortunately he pees Pepsi, so no one minds.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2012, 01:17:15 PM »
"Intellectual Property"

Is there an image or something in the OP? I can't see those from work, often. I feel like I'm missing some context on this thread.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2012, 01:20:48 PM »
"Intellectual Property"

Is there an image or something in the OP? I can't see those from work, often. I feel like I'm missing some context on this thread.
Nah, my guess is that our good Bard posted a teaser and there is more to come later.
So for now it's silly guesses. =P
It might be some site or celebrity I'm unfamiliar with, or an announcement regarding the IP.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 01:21:39 PM »
D'oh! "Interim Post" (placeholder)
So yes, more to come later.

Edit: then again the topic is called IP too >.>

Quinch

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2012, 01:24:53 PM »

I bet you can't hack me.

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
Re: Call to Action: Sing To Save Your City!
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2012, 01:46:49 PM »
Fun fact: I discovered once while imitating Yahtzee's "Long answer: nooooooooooooooo...." gag that I actually have a hidden knack for circular breathing. I'm pretty sure I clocked in at least one full minute and made my friends doubt my sanity.

The downside? This might risk exposing my identity online. I'll have to try to think of a way to do this that doesn't just involve me sitting in front of a webcam crooning.

"...oooooooooooooooooo...."
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2012, 01:57:23 PM »
Sit in front of a webcam wearing a full face mask and apply a mild auto-tune layer to your voice to disguise it a little?

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2012, 02:28:09 PM »
Sit in front of a webcam wearing a full face mask and apply a mild auto-tune layer to your voice to disguise it a little?

The facemask idea occurred to me. I could do without voice alterations. Let me think on this.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Dr Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • Dr Shadow Champion server/ @Leila_L twitter
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2012, 02:46:39 PM »
Cape and mask? Holding a torch? Just a thought.
Dr Shadow- Champion Server @Leila_L twitter

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
Re: Event: Sing To Save Your City!
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2012, 01:40:37 AM »
Confused at how this helps the community.....

Fansy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 01:50:13 AM »
I will explain!

Before, or after doing your note be sure to explain why it is YOU joined the super note contest, explain to the people out there in youtube land about saving CoH, this will spread the message of CoH quickly, especially if you dress in heroic fashion. Capture the viewers of your video's attention, and I guarantee when the videos get strung together (edited together) then each Captain, with a hero/villain costumed(themed) individual will garner some major views thus creating interest, and will bring in a large crowd to the cause. Also, Rhett&Link are willing to help out with the publicity of the cause if enough people jump in on it. It's fun and an entertaining way to spread the word out to more than just the gaming community.

How do you like that jam, good toast!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 01:55:35 AM by Fansy »

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 01:50:30 AM »
Plain old confused about how singing would help. Especially my singing. I couldn't carry a tune through an open door.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Fansy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 01:53:47 AM »

It's not really singing per say, it's just striking a note! Go watch the instructional vidoes by Rhett&Link and you'll see how it'll piece itself together. Appeal to the fan base of every Captain with one person per team until they're filled up! More people that participate then the more chances of being seen ( remember to link to the cause! ) and thus more support or in the least publicity!

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2012, 02:10:29 AM »
I support this initiative, but can't carry a note right now due to a severe cold. Good luck guys! YOU CAN DO IT!
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2012, 03:43:37 AM »

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 06:37:32 AM »
How fun!  I will be on this as soon as my sanity returns.  (Fear not, that day is soon.... LSATurday)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 06:46:05 AM »
So the idea is to see who can sing a note the longest?

My superpower is absolutely NOT wind control, nor is it sonic attack.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 06:54:21 AM »

Aha, it must be Sonic Resonance!
That pitch-perfect control will carry us to victory!

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 07:42:15 AM »
I support this initiative, but can't carry a note right now due to a severe cold. Good luck guys! YOU CAN DO IT!
Sadly I'm in the same boat as Grimm here... =/
Goodluck folks!
PS: What's the poll for? To show which leaders have been chosen already? Or are we picking a winner? :P

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2012, 07:47:59 AM »
....I don't know how to make a youtube video....
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2012, 07:48:41 AM »
Aha, it must be Sonic Resonance!
That pitch-perfect control will carry us to victory!

Heh, not really that either. :p

So if we can we pull this off?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQY8Ei3cda0

Where does this all go? If we're all going on separate teams, I guess the intent isn't to actually "win" the event. Because even then it wouldn't be like, "Hey, look, team CoH!"

How will this get us coverage exactly?

And on the topic of costumes, if I was to try and be one of my characters, the only one whose costume I could fit in is a villain, and he wears street clothes :p

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2012, 09:19:03 AM »
How will this get us coverage exactly?

Not sure, I think you have to make your "pitch" during the video, talk about your cause, maybe show some gameplay, add in some of those "click boxes" with links to the petition and Titan's forums or other interesting links?
I think people can watch the videos, hence getting the message out to the random people on the web.

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2012, 01:42:01 PM »
I have finally been able to see the videos and of course they want a continious note...:(

Vibratto may make me useless and single continious notes when one has asthma do not go particullarly well :(

And then what video editting software I do have is somewhere in a storage shed along with 90% of my life.  So there would be no COH background footage or anything

So despite being able to create a musical note and haveing a camera on my phone....I want to help and have reluctantly decided I am willing to go on Camera for COH...but at least as I'm reading it now all I would have is a pathetically amatuer effort to no purpose :(((

Am I reading this wrong?
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

Bliz

• Boss
    • StudioBliz
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2012, 03:25:21 PM »
I can do this, I think. I mean, I sing pretty well, I'm just camera shy. Really, really camera shy. I haven't made any youtube videos but I'm sure it's not difficult to figure out how. Anyway. I am going to have to practice to extend my voice anyway.
Liz

My City of Heroes shirts and stuff on RedBubble:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/bliz/collections/261901-city-of-heroes

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2012, 04:26:42 PM »

No, the idea is to see which of the team captains above can get the most cumulative time from people singing a note continually.  So if, for example, Felicia Day has 11 people who each hold a note for 30 seconds and Rhett and Link have only five people who can hold a note for 60 seconds, Felicia would win.

As for "Why?", it's fun, and it helps us drum up some publicity.  If, for example, Felicia Day wins because we all support her team, then there's a decent chance that she might notice and say, "Hey, who are all of these SaveCoH people that are showing up?  And yay, they helped me win!"  But really, it's something simple and fun that we as a community can do together.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2012, 04:40:19 PM »
Is it cheating if instead of singing a note I pull out my tuba?  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
  • "I aim to misbehave..."
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2012, 04:42:19 PM »
Is it cheating if instead of singing a note I pull out my tuba?  :)

Unfortunately, it states in the rules that a musical instrument cannot be used.

I think that this is a wonderful, fun way to strengthen our community and generate publicity at the same time. Now I just have to get up the nerve to join in. I'll do it if you do it, Tony!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2012, 04:49:04 PM »
Unfortunately, it states in the rules that a musical instrument cannot be used.
Yeah, I know.  I'm only a player though, not a singer.  :)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 07:48:57 PM by eabrace »
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Mistaken Bambi

• Underling
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2012, 07:47:17 PM »
It does say you don't have to be able to sing just hold a note... If I were to do this, and I can't promise anything, I would hold a sign up while I was holding the note, so people could read my sign...

Elfin

• Lieutenant
  • Never Fear Elfin Is Here
    • Ken's Super Sci Fi Page
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2012, 08:30:08 PM »
The way I understand it is where a costume, tell of our cause and how important coh is to us, hold a long note, end video. I have to figure out a costume, but I can do this. How long do we have to complete it? Busy with work this weekend.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2012, 08:39:07 PM »
The way I understand it is where a costume, tell of our cause and how important coh is to us, hold a long note, end video. I have to figure out a costume, but I can do this. How long do we have to complete it? Busy with work this weekend.

Was that implied? It was hard to tell based on the "primer" video (with the 2 guys who keep switching places) explaining what is going on. I guess I need to see some examples of what other youtubers ave done first. Because to literally just have a video of the note, seems too limited in scope. I want a way to make it more fun besides putting on a cape.

Elfin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2012, 09:40:43 PM »
I guess that was a question. Just want to know bare I need to put in it and maybe how long video can be for extra stuff. I could insert game footage as well. I want to make it as well as I can but don't want to leave something out that needs to be in there . Once I get it figured out I will be looking for a captain no one has picked yet.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2012, 10:21:22 PM »
So if you're holding back on this because you're worried about the actual note, remember, that doesn't matter. Just give your CoH spiel, then say "aah." That'll count, according to the instructional video.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Elfin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2012, 11:23:14 PM »
No problem here holding a note. I just can't do much till Monday since I am working 12 hour shifts all weekend. I am going to work out a costume, write down what I will say, then film my clip in front of a COH mural that I have covering one of my walls. I will then edit in some game footage. Not sure what game footage to use  yet. Maybe some Atlas Park 33 in there.Maybe some dance footage and battle footage. I am up for any ideas anypne may have. #savecoh

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2012, 12:13:18 AM »
I would love to do this....but I still don't know how to make a youtube video.   :'(

I'm sorry.  I can write a killer letter...and that's about all I can do.   :'(
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2012, 12:24:14 AM »
I would love to do this....but I still don't know how to make a youtube video.   :'(

My dear, that is like hearing a concert pianist say they can play a little Mozart...and that's about all they can do. I'll bet we can help you put a video together if you want to take part in this. :)

LtlBtyRam

• Minion
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2012, 12:26:49 AM »

If you have a webcam maybe someone around here can tape from it and make the video for you.
 :roll:
Angela
@Ventus vis Vires
@Villamos vis Vires Triumph server

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2012, 12:28:39 AM »
My dear, that is like hearing a concert pianist say they can play a little Mozart...and that's about all they can do. I'll bet we can help you put a video together if you want to take part in this. :)

I don't have video editing software, nor does Larry.
I don't have a camera or a microphone on my main computer.  There are both on my laptop, but they're onboard, so I don't know how good or bad they are.
My bandwidth is not exactly broad.  Just "not narrow."  I have a lot of trouble already sending large manuscripts.  I can't reliably videoconference.
If you think you can overcome all these problems, I would be happy to have the help.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2012, 12:56:29 AM »
I don't have video editing software, nor does Larry. I don't have a camera or a microphone on my main computer.  There are both on my laptop, but they're onboard, so I don't know how good or bad they are. My bandwidth is not exactly broad.  Just "not narrow."  I have a lot of trouble already sending large manuscripts.  I can't reliably videoconference. If you think you can overcome all these problems, I would be happy to have the help.

Do you have a camcorder? Even if it's an old analog, I can import it.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2012, 01:06:38 AM »
Do you have a camcorder? Even if it's an old analog, I can import it.

I have a cheap little digital one, and I think I can make something short enough I can email it, though it will probably take several minutes to upload.  Thank you, Tim!

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2012, 01:29:58 AM »
I don't have video editing software, nor does Larry.
I don't have a camera or a microphone on my main computer.  There are both on my laptop, but they're onboard, so I don't know how good or bad they are.
My bandwidth is not exactly broad.  Just "not narrow."  I have a lot of trouble already sending large manuscripts.  I can't reliably videoconference.
If you think you can overcome all these problems, I would be happy to have the help.

I would bet that the camera and microphone on your laptop would do just fine. I also think the suggestion by LtlBtyRam could work easily, provided we can walk you through installing skype, for example. If you can play COH with acceptable framerates, then I believe your laptop would be sufficient for a quick video call on skype that I'd be happy to record for you. Camcorder or skype, either way we've got your back.

Quinch

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2012, 09:44:50 AM »
Okay, so just to be absolutely sure, the best way to do this is to spread ourselves across as many captains as possible? It seems a little counterintuitive since being concentrated on a single team means we have a greater chance of winning and thus greater chance of being seen and heard... basically, I'm in and I'll grab an underrepresented captain, but I need to get the logic first.

Fansy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2012, 12:26:10 PM »
Hail!

Logic, Fansy style-

Multiple Captains-
All note videos will be edited together, so when that time comes be sure to be holding a sign or dressed in something fabulous (like a heroic/villainious costume) or something eye catchy. People will flock to your video, thus the message spreads.
b) dressing like that will garner attention anyhow!
; More Captains replied to means a bigger audience rather than just 1 Captain with a flood of videos of the same cause ( Rhett&Link do not like that idea :( )

So, the logic is simple. Different Captains have a different fanbase, if each Captain was linked to the same people who watch them then yes, a single cause for a single Captain would be an extrodinairly smart idea but since we're branching out to ALL facets of the internet you'll need to maximize publicity by nailing each Captain. Once each Captain has been replied to (with the super note video) we can then say pick whatever Captain and leave it at that.

By the way, Heroes!
October 31st IS THE LAST DAY THEY ARE ACCEPTING VIDEOS!
So get on it!
Pick a Captain!
And lets get the message out there!

Quinch

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2012, 02:32:28 PM »
Oh. Okay, makes sense, kind of. But what if we don't have anything heroic to wear?

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2012, 03:08:56 PM »
I am probably OFF TOPIC here.  While doing this is fine (it helps get the word out) what about simply writing a fan FILK song about CoH/NCSoft and then posting that to youtube?
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Elfin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2012, 08:59:38 PM »
So has anyone picked a Captain yet? Not sure hpw we are doing this to make sure we pick different ones. I would like to pick ijustine if she is still available.

Quinch

« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2012, 04:17:01 AM »
Check the poll in the first post - click on "view results" and see who joined with whom.

{note: Fansy, you might wanna edit the first post and point that out so that everyone knows they can check the roster before making a decision.Also, I think Daily Grace and WheezyWaiter are the same team}

Elfin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2012, 04:43:13 AM »
Well I clicked on Ijustine but Daily Grace is not showing any so I am gona go with her. and yes wheezy waiter is the aka name that she gave her team. First name is Team Daily Gracists aka wheezy waiters. There are only 10 teams but there are 11 listed that is cause Daily Grace and wheezy waiter is THE SAME TEAM. LOL I hope everyone gives links to there videos. I am planning an all out production I hope it will get my point of our cause across.

Elfin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2012, 04:48:15 AM »
Hem 15 people have picked Felicia Day. I hope since we can't change our pick and can't see which ones need to be picked till after we pick that some of those 15 have spread out to other Team Captains.

Flashtoo

• Minion
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2012, 05:09:06 PM »
I wish I could do this given I actually am a singer, but I have no means of recording myself right now. :(

Quinch

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2012, 07:49:02 PM »
Got a cellphone at least?

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2012, 02:53:00 AM »
I think this thread should be renamed. It's not really singing, it's just continually yelling. Or maybe not even continually, it could even be saying "Aah" for less than a second. I get the vibe, from here and other threads, that people aren't getting that, and are scared or nervous about the "singing" part. Renaming the thread to "Yell to save your city" or something like that would probably reflect reality better, and make more people inclined to participate.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Index-Z

• Underling
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2012, 06:32:09 PM »
I can help with this!
I will support DanisnotonFire's team. Thank God it's halloween, I can purchase a superhero-ish mask and cape with little to no embarassment.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2012, 03:01:05 AM »
We will all yell, and down comes NC's Jericho wall.

... maybe?

Elfin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2012, 05:12:24 AM »
I think this thread should be renamed. It's not really singing, it's just continually yelling. Or maybe not even continually, it could even be saying "Aah" for less than a second. I get the vibe, from here and other threads, that people aren't getting that, and are scared or nervous about the "singing" part. Renaming the thread to "Yell to save your city" or something like that would probably reflect reality better, and make more people inclined to participate.

Its not really yelling. It has to be one continuous musical note so just laaaaa, and hold it as long as you can with out taking a breath. I can sing pretty good, but that has no use in this. Doesn't matter how long your note is. Your total time will get added to the team total time. Obviously the longer yours is the better for the team, but every second counts. I myself, although I can sing well, I can not seem to hold that note for longer than 30 seconds. I have watched several super note videos, and several of them do it for 40 seconds, or better. Must be them youthful lungs. LOL  My Video is looking to probably be about 3 mins long or better. I have not filmed the live action stuff yet, but that is happening tomorrow. I do have the game footage, and stuff I want for it. Its going to be embarrassing, but anything to save COH.

Elfin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2012, 01:57:00 AM »
Okay here is my entry in the Supernote call to action. Public speaking is not for me but I did my best, and even though I can sing LOL well that didn't turn out well either, but I am doing my part to get the word out about our cause.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MG6cMQ_iKI&feature=plcp

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2012, 10:38:44 AM »
Okay here is my entry in the Supernote call to action. Public speaking is not for me but I did my best, and even though I can sing LOL well that didn't turn out well either, but I am doing my part to get the word out about our cause.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MG6cMQ_iKI&feature=plcp
Nice job, Elfin!
And the part about your sister, Rhonda, was very touching.

Elfin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2012, 04:34:06 PM »
Yeah wish I was better in front of the camera. Or had the ability to remember lines. When I was younger I remember doing some plays and always remembered my lines but age has taken that ability from me. I hope Rhonda approves of me using her to help in this. The last thing I want to do is tarnish her memory in any way, but I do think of her and have good memories when I play that toon.

Nafaustu

• Boss
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2012, 04:47:31 PM »
Is there a deadline or timetable for this?   I didn't see one in the first post, and it may very well have been answered, but i'm trying to get as much information into the table of contents/mission statement thread i'm working on, so i'm short on time to read it all through.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2012, 05:26:48 PM »
Is there a deadline or timetable for this?   I didn't see one in the first post, and it may very well have been answered, but i'm trying to get as much information into the table of contents/mission statement thread i'm working on, so i'm short on time to read it all through.
I think it has to be by the end of the month, let me glance over the thread again.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2012, 05:29:12 PM »
Found it on the Rhett & Link rules page;

9. Videos must be posted and live on YouTube before midnight Eastern Time on Oct. 31st.

Elfin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2012, 09:52:47 PM »
yes must be posted as a response to your team captains supernote video by Oct. 31st

Elfin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2012, 02:57:16 PM »
There does not seem to be a lot of interest from people to do this. Which is sad cause if evrybody did it, it it would have a huge impact. The bad pr for NCSoft would be off the wall. I mean I did it. Its really embarrassing but I did it for COH. If I can do it anybody can do it.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2012, 12:47:31 AM »
There does not seem to be a lot of interest from people to do this. Which is sad cause if evrybody did it, it it would have a huge impact. The bad pr for NCSoft would be off the wall. I mean I did it. Its really embarrassing but I did it for COH. If I can do it anybody can do it.

Uh...."anybody" that happens to have a working camera and mic on their computer (I do not), video editing software (I do not), knows how to upload these things to youtube (I do not) and a real broadband connection to upload the thing (I do not).  Which means I have to dig out the video camera that came with a grab bag, figure out how to use it, record my thing, and email it to TimTheEnchanter who has offered to do the editing and uploading for me.  I am pretty sure I am not the only one in this position.

Elfin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2012, 05:33:39 PM »
For those who don,t have the equipment or the know how I understand. I had to figure it out myself. I used my cell phone to shoot the live action shots with the help of my daughter. Then I uploaded them to You tube. I then redownloaded the live action shots to my computer which converted them to mp4 files. I used fraps a free program to video shoot game scenes. These also I iploaded to you tube and then redowloaded to my computer because the avi files are around 130 mb and when I download them back from you tube they are only 8 mb mp4 files. I put all the scenes together in windows movie maker and then added title pages in you tube editor. Tolk a little planning to figure out how to do it and it didn't turn out as well as I would of liked mostly because of my bad memory and bad camera persona lol I am not mad just disappointed more people didn't do it. As for you Victoria chill you have done plenty. Far more than me in our efforts and I am in your debt.

Quinch

« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2012, 07:49:12 PM »
Yep - not everyone has a webcam and a microphone on hand - I had to record mine on my digital camera, for example. So while a simple idea in theory, it is hindered by technical issues of would-be participants.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2012, 11:43:13 PM »
For those who don,t have the equipment or the know how I understand. I had to figure it out myself. I used my cell phone to shoot the live action shots with the help of my daughter. Then I uploaded them to You tube. I then redownloaded the live action shots to my computer which converted them to mp4 files. I used fraps a free program to video shoot game scenes. These also I iploaded to you tube and then redowloaded to my computer because the avi files are around 130 mb and when I download them back from you tube they are only 8 mb mp4 files. I put all the scenes together in windows movie maker and then added title pages in you tube editor.

**Head explodes**

I couldn't even figure out how to use the MIDS things over here.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2012, 12:26:08 PM »
I'm really not comfy putting myself on video on the web, sorry :-/  I'm all ready to click and vote and things, though!
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Fansy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2012, 12:44:54 PM »
Hail!

Elfin! Amazing! I love how you explained your cause and really show cased your compassion. You've inspired me, my friend, and tho I won't reveal who I did it for I have taken a team! I have uploaded my own super note video with a reference or five to this cause which hasn't gone ignored but that Easter egg hunt is for all of you to find! Here's a hint (13/m/fl)

Now why haven't I been posting, what have I been busy doing? Glad you pondered! I've been singing another tune tho admittedly not as awesome to some of the more popular ears of celebrities who do not just range in the inner sanctum of the internet. I've had, truthfully, varied results; some from publicist, some from staffers on the accounts, and so far 4 actual (with face time!) chats with the lyrical geniuses of today's popularity.

What does this mean?

... What? No really. What does it mean?

Huh?

OH right! I'm the one with the secret to tell, for a second there I thought I was asking you. Grandpa's senility is rubbing off.

Any who! The super amazing secret collaboration of in-game events! Is....

To Be Announced!
^
Dun Dun Duuuu~uuun!

I'm still stringing the details but everything's looking pretty good for a decent performance.

As for everyone else, continue to do the best you can for the cause, Heroes! I know that your spirit will not cave to the depressing mood NCSoft has TRIED to wash over on all of you, there is still a light and it's reachable. Really depends on how many steps, even if small, are you willing to take when wearing heavy boots?

Remember, you are heroes and this is exactly what you do.

Sincerely,
Fansy

Elfin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2012, 07:05:55 PM »
Not sure I deserve that, but thanks Fancy

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #75 on: October 14, 2012, 10:54:51 PM »
...gee, and all I've been doing is posting Segev's brilliant press release to feminist bloggers...

*hangs head in shame*