1 (3.2%)
WheezyWaiter
0 (0%)
Lamarr Wilson
1 (3.2%)
Grandpa
2 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Event: Sing To Save Your City!  (Read 17194 times)

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
Re: Event: Sing To Save Your City!
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2012, 06:37:32 AM »
How fun!  I will be on this as soon as my sanity returns.  (Fear not, that day is soon.... LSATurday)

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2012, 06:46:05 AM »
So the idea is to see who can sing a note the longest?

My superpower is absolutely NOT wind control, nor is it sonic attack.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2012, 06:54:21 AM »

Aha, it must be Sonic Resonance!
That pitch-perfect control will carry us to victory!

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 07:42:15 AM »
I support this initiative, but can't carry a note right now due to a severe cold. Good luck guys! YOU CAN DO IT!
Sadly I'm in the same boat as Grimm here... =/
Goodluck folks!
PS: What's the poll for? To show which leaders have been chosen already? Or are we picking a winner? :P

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2012, 07:47:59 AM »
....I don't know how to make a youtube video....
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2012, 07:48:41 AM »
Aha, it must be Sonic Resonance!
That pitch-perfect control will carry us to victory!

Heh, not really that either. :p

So if we can we pull this off?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQY8Ei3cda0

Where does this all go? If we're all going on separate teams, I guess the intent isn't to actually "win" the event. Because even then it wouldn't be like, "Hey, look, team CoH!"

How will this get us coverage exactly?

And on the topic of costumes, if I was to try and be one of my characters, the only one whose costume I could fit in is a villain, and he wears street clothes :p

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2012, 09:19:03 AM »
How will this get us coverage exactly?

Not sure, I think you have to make your "pitch" during the video, talk about your cause, maybe show some gameplay, add in some of those "click boxes" with links to the petition and Titan's forums or other interesting links?
I think people can watch the videos, hence getting the message out to the random people on the web.

QuantumHero

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2012, 01:42:01 PM »
I have finally been able to see the videos and of course they want a continious note...:(

Vibratto may make me useless and single continious notes when one has asthma do not go particullarly well :(

And then what video editting software I do have is somewhere in a storage shed along with 90% of my life.  So there would be no COH background footage or anything

So despite being able to create a musical note and haveing a camera on my phone....I want to help and have reluctantly decided I am willing to go on Camera for COH...but at least as I'm reading it now all I would have is a pathetically amatuer effort to no purpose :(((

Am I reading this wrong?
If given two roads that lead no where good...stop using roads and carve your own path.

Bliz

• Boss
    • StudioBliz
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2012, 03:25:21 PM »
I can do this, I think. I mean, I sing pretty well, I'm just camera shy. Really, really camera shy. I haven't made any youtube videos but I'm sure it's not difficult to figure out how. Anyway. I am going to have to practice to extend my voice anyway.
Liz

My City of Heroes shirts and stuff on RedBubble:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/bliz/collections/261901-city-of-heroes

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2012, 04:26:42 PM »

No, the idea is to see which of the team captains above can get the most cumulative time from people singing a note continually.  So if, for example, Felicia Day has 11 people who each hold a note for 30 seconds and Rhett and Link have only five people who can hold a note for 60 seconds, Felicia would win.

As for "Why?", it's fun, and it helps us drum up some publicity.  If, for example, Felicia Day wins because we all support her team, then there's a decent chance that she might notice and say, "Hey, who are all of these SaveCoH people that are showing up?  And yay, they helped me win!"  But really, it's something simple and fun that we as a community can do together.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2012, 04:40:19 PM »
Is it cheating if instead of singing a note I pull out my tuba?  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
  • "I aim to misbehave..."
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2012, 04:42:19 PM »
Is it cheating if instead of singing a note I pull out my tuba?  :)

Unfortunately, it states in the rules that a musical instrument cannot be used.

I think that this is a wonderful, fun way to strengthen our community and generate publicity at the same time. Now I just have to get up the nerve to join in. I'll do it if you do it, Tony!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2012, 04:49:04 PM »
Unfortunately, it states in the rules that a musical instrument cannot be used.
Yeah, I know.  I'm only a player though, not a singer.  :)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 07:48:57 PM by eabrace »
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Mistaken Bambi

• Underling
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2012, 07:47:17 PM »
It does say you don't have to be able to sing just hold a note... If I were to do this, and I can't promise anything, I would hold a sign up while I was holding the note, so people could read my sign...

Elfin

• Lieutenant
  • Never Fear Elfin Is Here
    • Ken's Super Sci Fi Page
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2012, 08:30:08 PM »
The way I understand it is where a costume, tell of our cause and how important coh is to us, hold a long note, end video. I have to figure out a costume, but I can do this. How long do we have to complete it? Busy with work this weekend.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2012, 08:39:07 PM »
The way I understand it is where a costume, tell of our cause and how important coh is to us, hold a long note, end video. I have to figure out a costume, but I can do this. How long do we have to complete it? Busy with work this weekend.

Was that implied? It was hard to tell based on the "primer" video (with the 2 guys who keep switching places) explaining what is going on. I guess I need to see some examples of what other youtubers ave done first. Because to literally just have a video of the note, seems too limited in scope. I want a way to make it more fun besides putting on a cape.

Elfin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2012, 09:40:43 PM »
I guess that was a question. Just want to know bare I need to put in it and maybe how long video can be for extra stuff. I could insert game footage as well. I want to make it as well as I can but don't want to leave something out that needs to be in there . Once I get it figured out I will be looking for a captain no one has picked yet.

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2012, 10:21:22 PM »
So if you're holding back on this because you're worried about the actual note, remember, that doesn't matter. Just give your CoH spiel, then say "aah." That'll count, according to the instructional video.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Elfin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2012, 11:23:14 PM »
No problem here holding a note. I just can't do much till Monday since I am working 12 hour shifts all weekend. I am going to work out a costume, write down what I will say, then film my clip in front of a COH mural that I have covering one of my walls. I will then edit in some game footage. Not sure what game footage to use  yet. Maybe some Atlas Park 33 in there.Maybe some dance footage and battle footage. I am up for any ideas anypne may have. #savecoh

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2012, 12:13:18 AM »
I would love to do this....but I still don't know how to make a youtube video.   :'(

I'm sorry.  I can write a killer letter...and that's about all I can do.   :'(
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido