1 (3.2%)
WheezyWaiter
0 (0%)
Lamarr Wilson
1 (3.2%)
Grandpa
2 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Event: Sing To Save Your City!  (Read 17196 times)

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
  • "I aim to misbehave..."
    • Real World Hero
Re: Event: Sing To Save Your City!
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2012, 12:24:14 AM »
I would love to do this....but I still don't know how to make a youtube video.   :'(

I'm sorry.  I can write a killer letter...and that's about all I can do.   :'(

My dear, that is like hearing a concert pianist say they can play a little Mozart...and that's about all they can do. I'll bet we can help you put a video together if you want to take part in this. :)

LtlBtyRam

• Minion
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2012, 12:26:49 AM »
I would love to do this....but I still don't know how to make a youtube video.   :'(

I'm sorry.  I can write a killer letter...and that's about all I can do.   :'(

If you have a webcam maybe someone around here can tape from it and make the video for you.
 :roll:
Angela
@Ventus vis Vires
@Villamos vis Vires Triumph server

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2012, 12:28:39 AM »
My dear, that is like hearing a concert pianist say they can play a little Mozart...and that's about all they can do. I'll bet we can help you put a video together if you want to take part in this. :)

I don't have video editing software, nor does Larry.
I don't have a camera or a microphone on my main computer.  There are both on my laptop, but they're onboard, so I don't know how good or bad they are.
My bandwidth is not exactly broad.  Just "not narrow."  I have a lot of trouble already sending large manuscripts.  I can't reliably videoconference.
If you think you can overcome all these problems, I would be happy to have the help.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2012, 12:56:29 AM »
I don't have video editing software, nor does Larry. I don't have a camera or a microphone on my main computer.  There are both on my laptop, but they're onboard, so I don't know how good or bad they are. My bandwidth is not exactly broad.  Just "not narrow."  I have a lot of trouble already sending large manuscripts.  I can't reliably videoconference. If you think you can overcome all these problems, I would be happy to have the help.

Do you have a camcorder? Even if it's an old analog, I can import it.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2012, 01:06:38 AM »
Do you have a camcorder? Even if it's an old analog, I can import it.

I have a cheap little digital one, and I think I can make something short enough I can email it, though it will probably take several minutes to upload.  Thank you, Tim!
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Mr. Wentworth

• Lieutenant
  • "I aim to misbehave..."
    • Real World Hero
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2012, 01:29:58 AM »
I don't have video editing software, nor does Larry.
I don't have a camera or a microphone on my main computer.  There are both on my laptop, but they're onboard, so I don't know how good or bad they are.
My bandwidth is not exactly broad.  Just "not narrow."  I have a lot of trouble already sending large manuscripts.  I can't reliably videoconference.
If you think you can overcome all these problems, I would be happy to have the help.

I would bet that the camera and microphone on your laptop would do just fine. I also think the suggestion by LtlBtyRam could work easily, provided we can walk you through installing skype, for example. If you can play COH with acceptable framerates, then I believe your laptop would be sufficient for a quick video call on skype that I'd be happy to record for you. Camcorder or skype, either way we've got your back.

Quinch

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2012, 09:44:50 AM »
Okay, so just to be absolutely sure, the best way to do this is to spread ourselves across as many captains as possible? It seems a little counterintuitive since being concentrated on a single team means we have a greater chance of winning and thus greater chance of being seen and heard... basically, I'm in and I'll grab an underrepresented captain, but I need to get the logic first.

Fansy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2012, 12:26:10 PM »
Hail!

Logic, Fansy style-

Multiple Captains-
All note videos will be edited together, so when that time comes be sure to be holding a sign or dressed in something fabulous (like a heroic/villainious costume) or something eye catchy. People will flock to your video, thus the message spreads.
b) dressing like that will garner attention anyhow!
; More Captains replied to means a bigger audience rather than just 1 Captain with a flood of videos of the same cause ( Rhett&Link do not like that idea :( )

So, the logic is simple. Different Captains have a different fanbase, if each Captain was linked to the same people who watch them then yes, a single cause for a single Captain would be an extrodinairly smart idea but since we're branching out to ALL facets of the internet you'll need to maximize publicity by nailing each Captain. Once each Captain has been replied to (with the super note video) we can then say pick whatever Captain and leave it at that.

By the way, Heroes!
October 31st IS THE LAST DAY THEY ARE ACCEPTING VIDEOS!
So get on it!
Pick a Captain!
And lets get the message out there!

Quinch

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2012, 02:32:28 PM »
Oh. Okay, makes sense, kind of. But what if we don't have anything heroic to wear?

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2012, 03:08:56 PM »
I am probably OFF TOPIC here.  While doing this is fine (it helps get the word out) what about simply writing a fan FILK song about CoH/NCSoft and then posting that to youtube?
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Elfin

• Lieutenant
  • Never Fear Elfin Is Here
    • Ken's Super Sci Fi Page
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2012, 08:59:38 PM »
So has anyone picked a Captain yet? Not sure hpw we are doing this to make sure we pick different ones. I would like to pick ijustine if she is still available.

Quinch

« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2012, 04:17:01 AM »
Check the poll in the first post - click on "view results" and see who joined with whom.

{note: Fansy, you might wanna edit the first post and point that out so that everyone knows they can check the roster before making a decision.Also, I think Daily Grace and WheezyWaiter are the same team}

Elfin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2012, 04:43:13 AM »
Well I clicked on Ijustine but Daily Grace is not showing any so I am gona go with her. and yes wheezy waiter is the aka name that she gave her team. First name is Team Daily Gracists aka wheezy waiters. There are only 10 teams but there are 11 listed that is cause Daily Grace and wheezy waiter is THE SAME TEAM. LOL I hope everyone gives links to there videos. I am planning an all out production I hope it will get my point of our cause across.

Elfin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2012, 04:48:15 AM »
Hem 15 people have picked Felicia Day. I hope since we can't change our pick and can't see which ones need to be picked till after we pick that some of those 15 have spread out to other Team Captains.

Flashtoo

• Minion
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2012, 05:09:06 PM »
I wish I could do this given I actually am a singer, but I have no means of recording myself right now. :(

Quinch

« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2012, 07:49:02 PM »
Got a cellphone at least?

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2012, 02:53:00 AM »
I think this thread should be renamed. It's not really singing, it's just continually yelling. Or maybe not even continually, it could even be saying "Aah" for less than a second. I get the vibe, from here and other threads, that people aren't getting that, and are scared or nervous about the "singing" part. Renaming the thread to "Yell to save your city" or something like that would probably reflect reality better, and make more people inclined to participate.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Index-Z

• Underling
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2012, 06:32:09 PM »
I can help with this!
I will support DanisnotonFire's team. Thank God it's halloween, I can purchase a superhero-ish mask and cape with little to no embarassment.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2012, 03:01:05 AM »
We will all yell, and down comes NC's Jericho wall.

... maybe?

Elfin

• Lieutenant
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2012, 05:12:24 AM »
I think this thread should be renamed. It's not really singing, it's just continually yelling. Or maybe not even continually, it could even be saying "Aah" for less than a second. I get the vibe, from here and other threads, that people aren't getting that, and are scared or nervous about the "singing" part. Renaming the thread to "Yell to save your city" or something like that would probably reflect reality better, and make more people inclined to participate.

Its not really yelling. It has to be one continuous musical note so just laaaaa, and hold it as long as you can with out taking a breath. I can sing pretty good, but that has no use in this. Doesn't matter how long your note is. Your total time will get added to the team total time. Obviously the longer yours is the better for the team, but every second counts. I myself, although I can sing well, I can not seem to hold that note for longer than 30 seconds. I have watched several super note videos, and several of them do it for 40 seconds, or better. Must be them youthful lungs. LOL  My Video is looking to probably be about 3 mins long or better. I have not filmed the live action stuff yet, but that is happening tomorrow. I do have the game footage, and stuff I want for it. Its going to be embarrassing, but anything to save COH.