Author Topic: And NC says...  (Read 74684 times)

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
Re: And NC says...
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2012, 09:57:30 PM »
Again.

Wait for word from Brian and TonyV.
I quite like the discussion that's going on, myself.  It gets me all fired up, which in turn will get others fired up, which means that eventually the whole world will be on fire.  Then what will NCsoft do?  :P 

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2012, 09:57:56 PM »
All in all, it means we finally got their attention and need to stop the mindless banging and come up with a real plan now. They couldn't continue ignoring us. This was their answer to the "fan".

Now, are we "fans" ? sure. But we are more than that. We have to prove them that we mean "business", they need to treat with us, Tony and all of us whole.

We are not disbanded or disgruntled. We have one, simple objective: keep the game alive. What's their objective ? We don't know yet, but we can discuss. We need more "serious" leverage than raw power now, I think.

I'm going to steal some words, we need MMs, dominators and defenders now, not Brutes. Now that we got the aggro, we need debuffs and buffs.
Yeeessss....

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2012, 09:58:25 PM »
I quite like the discussion that's going on, myself.  It gets me all fired up, which in turn will get others fired up, which means that eventually the whole world will be on fire.  Then what will NCsoft do?  :P

It would be ironic if a PR move intended to shut down the "save COH" movement wound up catalyzing it.

Just sayin' :)

pandora114

• Lieutenant
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2012, 09:59:17 PM »
Tempted to come up with a very scathing blog post about this.  But, I want to keep it civil and calm, but they  need to be called out on their bull.

*sigh*

I'll keep my fingers still for now.  After TonyV says to release the hounds..you better believe I'll be posting a nastygram.

Palladiamors

• Minion
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2012, 10:00:51 PM »
These are standard demoralization tactics.  A month in and they've 'exhausted' their options?  Hardly.  We're putting pressure on them,  and they don't like that.  So they are trying to send us a clear "Its over" message,  when in reality nothing is over.  But the more of us they can knock off the wagon,  the less they'll lose over this whole fiasco.  I am sure they are aware that they can not afford a continuing campaign on the players part that makes them look bad,  and the longer we refuse to give up the worse they look.  This is damage control,  and not even at its most convincing or finest.

Do yourselves a favor NCsoft,  and next time hire some one who knows how to handle damage control,  and who isn't just going to stir up the hornets nest with bull.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2012, 10:04:04 PM »
This is my reply to NCSoft - They will never see another penny from me:

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2012, 10:06:24 PM »
It would be ironic if a PR move intended to shut down the "save COH" movement wound up catalyzing it.

Just sayin' :)

I don't get the impression its intended to do even that.  I get the impression they felt the need to acknowledge the player response, so they waited what they felt was an appropriate amount of time and then cranked out a generic "we hear you" message.

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2012, 10:07:40 PM »
I don't get the impression its intended to do even that.  I get the impression they felt the need to acknowledge the player response, so they waited what they felt was an appropriate amount of time and then cranked out a generic "we hear you" message.
With the generic "you're doomed hero, you have no chance to win" taunt too.
Yeeessss....

Jetfire99

• Lieutenant
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2012, 10:07:49 PM »
As Golden Girl said a few posts back why doesn't the bidder come forward if they need more cash? *points at ever last person with a torch*

I'd be willing to chip in money I'm sure many of you would even if it's a few bucks.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2012, 10:08:03 PM »
These are standard demoralization tactics.
And the result is a sudden influx of new voices speaking up on the forums here.
I'd say their ploy has backfired.  8)
Welcome!

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2012, 10:08:52 PM »
Seriously doesn't the bidder realize the players like us would be willing to add money to the bid if only to save the game? I damn well would who else would?
In fact, e wouln't add to it, we would repay it.
Yeeessss....

Turjan

• Elite Boss
  • You cannot kill a dream
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2012, 10:09:02 PM »
You know what's laughable? Have a look at their share prices since the end of August :-

NCSoft stock is down 6.92% on what it was the day Guild Wars 2 launched. If shutting down CoH was indeed not about profit/loss but was a ploy to boost shareholder confidence after the announcement of Q2 losses, then it seems to have been about as successful as trying to seal a torpedo hole with a sticking plaster.

That huge spike is due to sales of 2 million copies of Guild Wars 2...and the subsequent drop is likely because they'd hyped the market to expect sales of double that. 2 million copies is a fair old sale I'd say...but they were so desperate to claw back the losses they made in Q2 that (as always) they overcooked their PR and got burnt.

That's what saddens me the most really - the fact that we might simply be corporate collateral damage in a  share price fight they weren't winning anyway :(

pandora114

• Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2012, 10:09:11 PM »
I know I'd pitch in.  I know if a little indie company wanted the IP, and said "NCsoft wants $X we only can afford $Y"  You bet your freeking britches this community would raise the remainder!  Look how fast we raised cash for the devs dinner!

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2012, 10:10:25 PM »
Is this sort of like in the films, where the bad guy outlines their entire dastardly scheme to the incapacitated hero, maniacally laughs, and then gets dunked his own tank of sharks with lasers when the hero escapes?
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2012, 10:10:35 PM »
With the generic "you're doomed hero, you have no chance to win" taunt too.

Monologuing villains NEVER win against the heroes.
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2012, 10:12:27 PM »
Let's recognize this announcement for what it is:  We've fooled them into monologuing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBIMQxsJb_s&t=1m25s
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2012, 10:13:16 PM »
Monologuing villains NEVER win against the heroes.
Hell no they don't !
Yeeessss....

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2012, 10:13:30 PM »
I bloody love you guys, I swear to god.
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Knightward

• Minion
« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2012, 10:13:59 PM »
To be fair to NCoft, it would be pretty mentally exhausting to turn down money in exchange for somethimg that you intending to just throw away.
Win.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2012, 10:14:35 PM »
Let's recognize this announcement for what it is:  We've fooled them into monologuing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBIMQxsJb_s&t=1m25s
This is EXACTLY what I thought of.  Favorite movie, haha.

Now let's get to the part where their cape gets stuck in a turbine ;)