Author Topic: Unity Event: Extra Life Charity Drive and Gameathon  (Read 67494 times)

Maressa

• Boss
Unity Event: Extra Life Charity Drive and Gameathon
« on: September 28, 2012, 01:09:12 PM »

Flafty

• Underling
Re: Unity Event: Extra Life Charity Drive and Gameathon
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 01:31:08 PM »
Its been difficult for me to play CoX lately without feeling sad, but this is something I can get behind. Count me in.

voodoogirl

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 02:20:51 PM »
I am up for this too

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2012, 03:19:45 PM »
Can we get this stickied so it doesn't get lost ? :)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

@RedHeaded StepChild

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2012, 03:41:01 PM »
Hey, I'm up for this, count me in!

Ooo, a smiley for how I'll look at the end... :o

Nafaustu

• Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2012, 03:44:11 PM »
This is a weekend I myself am not available (and this is probably a dumb question because I just can't see the answer from work), how can I become a sponser to support the effort (and give to charity :) ) even if I can't actually play that day?

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2012, 03:45:17 PM »
Hey, I'm up for this, count me in!

Ooo, a smiley for how I'll look at the end... :o

If you look that good by the end I'll be surprised. I'm super excited to see you all join the team. I should really start fundraising soon myself. I'm third in the team. :P

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2012, 03:47:08 PM »
This is a weekend I myself am not available (and this is probably a dumb question because I just can't see the answer from work), how can I become a sponser to support the effort (and give to charity :) ) even if I can't actually play that day?

If you want to sponsor someone doing the event go to the page for the City of Heroes team and donate to their hospital.

TonyV

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
    • Paragon Wiki
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 03:51:57 PM »
Can we get this stickied so it doesn't get lost ? :)

Sure, I stickied it.

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 03:53:10 PM »
Sure, I stickied it.

Thanks for the sticky TonyV! Hope you'll join the team soon. ;)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 03:53:56 PM »
<sigh> Sadly, this is the only way I will get away with gaming for 24 hours straight, anymore...  ;)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 04:18:29 PM »
<sigh> Sadly, this is the only way I will get away with gaming for 24 hours straight, anymore...  ;)

Where better to do it than in CoH?

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 04:26:19 PM »
I'll have to settle for contributing money. The 20th is a bad day for me.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 04:42:42 PM »
Folks...I am throwing my hat in the ring.

For the last two years I have participated in in-game charity events for Real World Hero, and have been devastated that I could never contribute financially. I still can't, this year.

I will do the next best thing. I will "run" the marathon. I hope you all support me, and the rest of our team, and we'll stand tall and proud together.

My donation page is here: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=36654

If you choose not to donate to me, I sincerely hope you find it in your hearts to support another team mate. Together, we can--and will--change the world for the better.

We are heroes. This is what we do.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Knightward

• Minion
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2012, 04:43:11 PM »
I need to check my schedule, but I should be able to sign up for this.  No clue how many donations I'll get though.

Segev

• Plan Z: Interim Producer
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2012, 04:55:28 PM »
Hm. Somebody mentioned that this might conflict with a "media day" event if they ran on the same day, but I actually think this might work in coordination with such a thing, if we could work it out. I'll re-read the OP in this thread and see if anything in it would conflict with trying to invite media people to come see the game first-hand. Showing them an active charity event going on at the same time and even offering them a chance to interview participants (or to participate themselves) might be very powerful.

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2012, 04:59:28 PM »
Hm. Somebody mentioned that this might conflict with a "media day" event if they ran on the same day, but I actually think this might work in coordination with such a thing, if we could work it out. I'll re-read the OP in this thread and see if anything in it would conflict with trying to invite media people to come see the game first-hand. Showing them an active charity event going on at the same time and even offering them a chance to interview participants (or to participate themselves) might be very powerful.

It wouldn't conflict at all. I know OnRPG.com is planning on updating once an hour every 24 during the event from City of Heroes.

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2012, 05:04:38 PM »
Hm. Somebody mentioned that this might conflict with a "media day" event if they ran on the same day, but I actually think this might work in coordination with such a thing, if we could work it out.

Yeah. That was me. I don't know why the idea of tying the two events together didn't occur to me, though. Now that you say it aloud, so to speak, it sounds brilliant.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

pandora114

• Lieutenant
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 05:23:04 PM »
I will discuss joining in with my husband.  Gonna need Redbull and whatnot..but I know *I* will be willing to help out.  My hospital will be the IWK Grace in Halifax because 1: It's close to me 2: it's benefitted my extended family and friends (And those of my husbands coworkers)  So I will discuss this with my husband and see if I can get him to cover childcare for me on the Sunday so I can crash out.

@RedHeaded StepChild

• Underling
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 05:38:57 PM »
So all set up! Here's my page:

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=36640

Maybe this smiley would match how I'll look on the Sunday:  :gonk: