Author Topic: News?  (Read 252977 times)

Tanglefoe

• Lieutenant
Re: News?
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2012, 01:52:06 PM »
Just now in game on the help channel someone named DJ Kitty said that they were told by Tunnelrat last night that the devs have made progress in negociations with NCSoft.  No details at all.  Did anybody else see this or see or hear what was said last night?

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2012, 02:05:02 PM »
Just now in game on the help channel someone named DJ Kitty said that they were told by Tunnelrat last night that the devs have made progress in negociations with NCSoft.  No details at all.  Did anybody else see this or see or hear what was said last night?

I wish I would have read this earlier...I just teamed with a DJ Kitty this morning.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2012, 02:29:07 PM »
This is the first I've heard of any such thing. It would be welcome news, but until we get some kind of confirmation from somewhere, exercise caution.

Keep it up guys! I have never been more proud of our community than these past couple weeks. We are mighty. We are titans. We are heroes. This is what we do.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2012, 04:22:18 PM »
Someone mentioned it on Facebook. No screenshot though. It could also theoretically be the same person I suppose or DJ Kitty could have seen it on Facebook. But I'm optimistic that it's true.
@Rorn

Most recently active as Blue Baron

Guardian Server

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2012, 04:30:25 PM »
There was a HUGE buzz in the game last night at some point about a dev saying something positive. Chatter on multiple global channels I belong to, but all I ever saw was lots of people trying to confirm what had been said a few minutes before in Virtue AP33. Something was said that got people excited, that's for sure.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
  • There are some who call me... Tim?
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2012, 04:32:07 PM »
Whohoah... what?

TheFlea

• Minion
  • The Grandfather of Spine/SRs in PvP.
« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2012, 04:38:46 PM »
Right now any news is good news.

To have a buzz like that could either be positive or devastating, depending on whether there is evidence supporting it or not. And we have to be careful about things like like. If people's hopes rise and fall like this then the effect will be devastating on our morale as a whole.

Teege

• Boss
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2012, 05:22:05 PM »
I was in AP1 when Tunnel Rat popped in quickly to say hi. Unfortunately I do not recall her saying anything relating to "they've made progress with NCsoft" and that could be because I was working on a project *shifty eyes* and missed the announcement. However, I'm cynical so I'm hoping "DJ Kitty" can provide citation or proof.
Keep fighting the good fight!

@Teege - Virtue

www.cohtitan.com

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2012, 05:31:40 PM »
I was in AP1 when Tunnel Rat popped in quickly to say hi. Unfortunately I do not recall her saying anything relating to "they've made progress with NCsoft" and that could be because I was working on a project *shifty eyes* and missed the announcement. However, I'm cynical so I'm hoping "DJ Kitty" can provide citation or proof.

Sadly, I was out of game and testing demo edits for the same reason, so I missed this entirely.

Anyone know what time this supposedly happened?

There was a "Unity Rally" costume contest in Pocket D last night, and then there was a dance party in the AP33 atrium afterward.

I guess DJ Kitty isn't connected to the Cape though? Or at least, they don't have anyone who goes by that name AFAIK.

Either way I'm pretty sure there were Capt DJ's online last night until the early hours of the morning. You'd think somebody on the air would've mentioned it but I don't remember hearing anything.

There had troll issues yesterday evening too, so do we know for sure this message even came over the admin channel? Or it was it some douche who came up with a convincing name for their character and managed to fool one or two people, who then picked it up and ran with it?

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #129 on: September 16, 2012, 06:50:44 PM »
Tim, the big buzz I heard was after I had been hearing about griefers for a couple of hours, and I know I had read a post here asking for help in contact a dev or GM before this all started. I was chatting with a friend, reading forums, and keeping 5 COH clients happy and running the whole time, so not too surprised I missed the initial discussion.

I didn't pay a lot of attention at first, when reports started going out that someone with dev powers had showed up to run off the trolls and spawn some GMs and the usual fun. When I started paying attention, it seemed as if someone had passed along a report similar to what DJ Kitty is alleged to have told people, and everyone was asking for more information. It may well be that Tunnelrat or whoever popped in made some offhand comment that was misinterpreted. I'd guess if there IS some positive movement Zwill will say something soon.

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #130 on: September 16, 2012, 06:57:47 PM »
It's certainly interesting timing either way though because this was "Phase 2" of the unity rally. The last time we got a lot of chatter from the devs was during the previous one. So if there was going to be more news, last night would've been the right time for it.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #131 on: September 16, 2012, 07:05:13 PM »
Tim, the big buzz I heard was after I had been hearing about griefers for a couple of hours, and I know I had read a post here asking for help in contact a dev or GM before this all started. I was chatting with a friend, reading forums, and keeping 5 COH clients happy and running the whole time, so not too surprised I missed the initial discussion.

I didn't pay a lot of attention at first, when reports started going out that someone with dev powers had showed up to run off the trolls and spawn some GMs and the usual fun. When I started paying attention, it seemed as if someone had passed along a report similar to what DJ Kitty is alleged to have told people, and everyone was asking for more information. It may well be that Tunnelrat or whoever popped in made some offhand comment that was misinterpreted. I'd guess if there IS some positive movement Zwill will say something soon.
I wouldn't read too much into it.  If there is news that Zwill or any other dev is allowed to release, they will do so.  If they aren't formally announcing news, it's either conjecture on their part or misinterpretation on ours.  Subtle signs of support, like the re-opening of AP33 on Virtue or comments by Tunnel Rat, are nice but don't say much that we don't already know (that we have the Devs' support).   

TimtheEnchanter

• Elite Boss
« Reply #132 on: September 16, 2012, 07:14:22 PM »
Or perhaps all Tunnel Rat said was that they are STILL in talks with NC, and someone interpreted that as meaning there'd been progress. Although, to me that sort of IS progress. But maybe that's just me, thinking with the mind of someone who has always been at the bottom of the eco/political foodchain. If they don't throw you out of the building, that's progress.  8)

Or to quote Matrix Reloaded:

Neo: Well, that didn't go so well.
Morpheus: Are you Certain the Oracle didn't say anything else?
Neo: Yes.
Trinity: Maybe we did something wrong.
Neo: Or didn't do something.
Morpheus: No, what happened, happened and couldn't have happened any other way.
Neo: How do you know?
Morpheus: We are still alive.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #133 on: September 16, 2012, 07:18:06 PM »
Or perhaps all Tunnel Rat said was that they are STILL in talks with NC, and someone interpreted that as meaning there'd been progress. Although, to me that sort of IS progress. But maybe that's just me, thinking with the mind of someone who has always been at the bottom of the eco/political foodchain. If they don't throw you out of the building, that's progress.  8)

Or to quote Matrix Reloaded:

Neo: Well, that didn't go so well.
Morpheus: Are you Certain the Oracle didn't say anything else?
Neo: Yes.
Trinity: Maybe we did something wrong.
Neo: Or didn't do something.
Morpheus: No, what happened, happened and couldn't have happened any other way.
Neo: How do you know?
Morpheus: We are still alive.

Considering the initial announcement was tantamount to throwing us out of the building, the fact that they've let us back in to talk is great news.  IF discussions are still underway, I think it's a good thing.   

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #134 on: September 16, 2012, 07:31:12 PM »
That's how I take it, too. I don't really expect to hear anything other than the vague "they're still talking" sort of messages. As someone already said elsewhere, anyone who really knows anything isn't allowed to talk. In an odd sort of way I find the continued silence encouraging.

epawtows

• Elite Boss
  • Mechanical Engineer
« Reply #135 on: September 17, 2012, 02:49:32 AM »
The fact that there are negotiations happening AT ALL is a positive sign. Right now we have to wait and let things take their course. Meanwhile, we need to keep doing what we're doing. Spread the word, make noise, make it impossible for them to let this die quietly.

But, if we do nothing else, we should remember why we fight. For those of you who haven't recently, get back in there and play. There are Freaks to beat and Nemesis plots to untangle, sappers must still be a primary target and we can always Go. Hunt. Kill, Skuls...

We're not dead yet. And, since we seem to have a bit of time on our hands, let's play!

Who's with me?

Since the Paragon Devs, at least, have shown themselves to be so nice to us, I feel fairly confident that if nothing positive was happening, they'd tell us.  Now, this doesn't mean NCSoft isn't jerking THEM around, but it is grounds for some optimisim.

Horror-Frost

• Underling
« Reply #136 on: September 17, 2012, 03:00:01 AM »
http://mecha-eng.com/308/

Independent econ review of what's going on.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #137 on: September 17, 2012, 04:53:10 AM »
I really hate the weekend, because absolutely nothing, with regards to the NCSoft side, is going to get done.  :P
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #138 on: September 17, 2012, 04:56:21 AM »
While Seattle is two hours behind us, it's worth pointing out that Seoul is 14 hours ahead.  It's Monday afternoon, there.

If anything comes from our direct emails, and anyone is in a position to say anything, it won't be long tomorrow before something gets out.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Osborn

• Boss
« Reply #139 on: September 17, 2012, 05:04:42 AM »
http://mecha-eng.com/308/

Independent econ review of what's going on.

This pretty much mirrors my sentiment on the whole thing, it's good to see somebody with fancy pants and a top hat and monocle say it though.