Author Topic: News?  (Read 241282 times)

Wammo

• Lieutenant
News?
« on: September 11, 2012, 03:29:53 PM »
I have been reading, reading and reading but still feel there has been no light whatsoever on the prospects for our future. I understand the need for patience but is there even a single ray of light anywhere from which to garner hope? Please understand, I am not trying to be "Debbie Downer" or discourage our community. I am just anxious to hear if NcSoft, Paragon or anyone else has said even a word about our protest, petition or interest in seeing the game continue. Have they even recognized our interest in the continuation of the game?

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
Re: News?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 03:32:30 PM »
I've been checking back here pretty much any spare minute I have.  As far as I know, NCSoft has been completely silent thus far.  According to someone over on the official forums, they did get an answer regarding a refund for payed subscription time after the shutdown date.  (You can have game time in another NCSoft game of your choice, but not a cash refund)

I wish there were more, but I guess we're stuck waiting >.>

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 03:51:43 PM »
Well, Paragon has said repeatedly that the rally and all our efforts are incredible. Posi said on twitter that no matter what happens we've changed how MMOs will sunset forever.

NCSoft has said nothing, but that's entirely expected. They are in active discussions with Paragon, investors, and who knows who else about the future of the game. They aren't going to comment on it.

The response on the official boards seems very much like a canned, standard response from NCSoft support in this situation. It's their standard practice when they shut down games. Zwillenger has been trying to find out information on refunds and has heard nothing. They didn't even give him the standard response.

For now, no news appears to be good news. Especially with all the media coverage we are getting!
@Rorn

Most recently active as Blue Baron

Guardian Server

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 03:55:14 PM »
I know there have been several attempts to contact various officials at NCSoft to discuss the possibilities (not all of them publicly disclosed so I can't share details), but so far no substantive response has been received in any of the various mediums tried.

It's possible they may not want to talk to anyone outside if discussions with Paragon management are still in progress.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 04:01:22 PM »
I know there have been several attempts to contact various officials at NCSoft to discuss the possibilities (not all of them publicly disclosed so I can't share details), but so far no substantive response has been received in any of the various mediums tried.

It's possible they may not want to talk to anyone outside if discussions with Paragon management are still in progress.
Exactly.  Aside from the fact that these sorts of discussions almost always happen behind closed doors (for several good reasons), they wouldn't want to amplify any negative press by leaking info that may only be a suggestion/idea/etc.

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 04:05:46 PM »
They say "no news is good news," but in this case, we're better off assuming that no news means we need to continue with our full-court press. If we keep our messages positive, it'll be better to keep up the pressure than to back off now.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Warsuit X-5

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 04:58:44 PM »
I know these talks are usually hush-hush...but...when should we begin panicking?

End of October?  Mid-November?  November 30th?

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 07:13:35 PM »
i think we are just starting week 3 of the crisis and i believe nov 30th was about 12 weeks away from the closure announcement

lets just keep up our efforts, i think i personally would start getting worried around nov 1st if we still have not heard from ncsoft regarding the matter since that will be 8 of the 12 weeks have passed

Empyrean

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 10:07:19 PM »
when should we begin panicking?

I'm panicking right now by doing every damned thing they ask us to on this forum!  Turn your fear into action, Heroes!

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 10:12:20 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen! We are approved for airing on CNN! http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-840174

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 10:22:40 PM »
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 10:28:38 PM »

Paindancer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 10:30:36 PM »
Thats good news.  Very good news.

It ALWAYS difficult, when a corporation makes a mistake.

They underestimated us.  They marginalized us.. and now... they look very bad in the boardroom.  They have a PR issue.. so right now they are scrambling to find a solution that lets them save face, and still retain the confidence of their investors, all while mitigating the PR issue at hand.

You can be pretty sure,  SOMEONE aint getting a promotion over this.

That said.. the EASIEST solution for them, is for this problem to just go away on its own, and they can attest it to a 'blip on the radar'.

Dont let that happen.

We are making progress, but we still need to keep the pressure on.

IF we get what we want, we need to show them how we use COH on a daily basis.  PR like real hero and such are key.  My little add to the CNNProducers blurb.. (I started again at the request of my son)... was an intentional human spin, and true.

@vengeance mk2

The iReport:  http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-838027
(read it, share it, recommend it)

Ampithere

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 10:34:19 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen! We are approved for airing on CNN! http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-840174

:o  ;D I love this community and everything we are doing together. Whether our efforts succeed or not, they will be remembered. Thanks to whoever wrote the article! It's hard for to remember who did what these days.  :P

I feel a little bit like TonyV is Leonidas right now, except in an alternate universe where the Spartans got surrounded and won anyway  ;)
@Rorn

Most recently active as Blue Baron

Guardian Server

jacknomind

• Boss
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 10:36:50 PM »
...AHHH.

it's EFFECTING change!  That's the wrong "affect"!

tattooedprincess

• Underling
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 10:42:14 PM »

tattooedprincess

• Underling
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 10:42:58 PM »

Great news!

Paindancer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 10:45:19 PM »
...AHHH.

it's EFFECTING change!  That's the wrong "affect"!

Uuuugh!  I have heard, and been corrected both ways.  :P

Since it is vetted, I cant edit without undoing the vet.  Im seeing what can be done.
@vengeance mk2

The iReport:  http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-838027
(read it, share it, recommend it)

jacknomind

• Boss
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 10:47:11 PM »
It's "effecting" -- which means "to bring about", in this case -- not "affecting" which means more like "to alter."

Send 'em an email and explain it's a typo we missed. 

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 10:54:48 PM »
Not the end of the world. That's the sort of thing that can be fixed in the final copy edit, and for that matter no worse than some I've heard aired.