Author Topic: Call to Action: Unity Rally  (Read 63787 times)

marquandDance

• Underling
Re: Call to Action: Unity Rally
« Reply #160 on: September 09, 2012, 04:34:56 PM »
A fabulous idea that I can't imagine folks will disagree with.

Phoenix Day?  :P

I'm glad you like it.

May be worth liking this on you tube and reddit -

http://www.reddit.com/r/Cityofheroes/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQPJw5qAajs

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #161 on: September 09, 2012, 07:27:58 PM »
I have only had a chance to give a cursory read through on this thread in the last couple of days, thanks to the depth and breadth of valuable ideas and insights in all the myriad discussions on this board and others. And the links; oh, the links...

One thing that was an impediment to many of us was the wait time. I know that was sort of the idea, but some, like the troll misunderstood the rally as some form of denial of service attack. I know got in because people gave up. The total number waiting dropped faster than the number of people ahead of me.

If I may make a suggestion, since this movement (and there's no denying that it is) can obviously gather people: perhaps the next goal could be to turn all the servers yellow, or even red.  The chances of someone giving up and going to another server are reduced, and the affect is broader.  I know that more then half of the servers would be yellow every weekend as recently as the build up to the release of GR.  One argument that we just can't rebut is that that wasn't happening anymore.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #162 on: September 09, 2012, 07:43:12 PM »
I have only had a chance to give a cursory read through on this thread in the last couple of days, thanks to the depth and breadth of valuable ideas and insights in all the myriad discussions on this board and others. And the links; oh, the links...

One thing that was an impediment to many of us was the wait time. I know that was sort of the idea, but some, like the troll misunderstood the rally as some form of denial of service attack. I know got in because people gave up. The total number waiting dropped faster than the number of people ahead of me.

If I may make a suggestion, since this movement (and there's no denying that it is) can obviously gather people: perhaps the next goal could be to turn all the servers yellow, or even red.  The chances of someone giving up and going to another server are reduced, and the affect is broader.  I know that more then half of the servers would be yellow every weekend as recently as the build up to the release of GR.  One argument that we just can't rebut is that that wasn't happening anymore.

I agree.  Creating heavy traffic sends a great message.

On an only slightly related note, people want more!  I've been on Virtue most of the morning and I've seen four or five people ask when the next event/rally is!  This is a good thing, but we need to make use of it!

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #163 on: September 09, 2012, 08:06:19 PM »
OK, here's something that can be copied and pasted into the in-game chat.  Unfortunately, I'm not savvy enough to make it more recognizable as a link to the calendar.

bit.ly/NNSzsW

Also, my impression is that anyone who actually represents the decision makers at NCSoft has about zero chance of seeing the actual rallies or server numbers, but the people across the table from them do, and the gaming press does.  They're the ones who can put the first wave of pressure on TPTB. I know it's been said numerous times, but we need to keep repeating it as these threads grow in numbers of pages.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #164 on: September 10, 2012, 12:49:43 AM »
OK, here's something that can be copied and pasted into the in-game chat.  Unfortunately, I'm not savvy enough to make it more recognizable as a link to the calendar.

bit.ly/NNSzsW
http://tinyurl.com/SaveCoHCalendar
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

jccianca

• Underling
« Reply #165 on: September 10, 2012, 01:31:32 PM »
Just a question Folks. When your VIP pass run out what happen? You keep all your characters u have or they give you a few slots to fill? I am taking screenshots of my favorites toons like crazy trying to make a good portfolio so I can work on them later in grafics arts and sculptures. And I also trying to figure out which toons im gonna save in case I have to to keep playing .

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #166 on: September 10, 2012, 01:31:45 PM »
I saw there was talk of another possible Unity rally - if we do have another one, I think it'd be awesome so give redside a little bit of love, and have a Villain rally.

(Mostly because I'd LOVE to see a composite shot of 3,000 villains looking badass).
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

StarRanger4

• Boss
« Reply #167 on: September 10, 2012, 03:18:38 PM »
Just a question Folks. When your VIP pass run out what happen? You keep all your characters u have or they give you a few slots to fill? I am taking screenshots of my favorites toons like crazy trying to make a good portfolio so I can work on them later in grafics arts and sculptures. And I also trying to figure out which toons im gonna save in case I have to to keep playing .

Given that my monthly renews the 3rd of each month and the only bill to my Card was the Points puchase I made mere hours before the shutdown, and that I can still access ALL my charecters; It appears to me that what was implemented was a total freeze.  What you had as far as account status will remain that way until the lights are out or Tony succeeds and the new owners set up the new rules

Bohmfalk

• Minion
« Reply #168 on: September 10, 2012, 06:15:34 PM »
Given that my monthly renews the 3rd of each month and the only bill to my Card was the Points puchase I made mere hours before the shutdown, and that I can still access ALL my charecters; It appears to me that what was implemented was a total freeze.  What you had as far as account status will remain that way until the lights are out or Tony succeeds and the new owners set up the new rules

This does not make me happy.  I'd love to jump on and run everything that I missed in the past year (Incarnate stuff included), as well as be able to post on the CoH forums, where I spent many a happy hour talking to people, debating changes, and just plain having fun.  Instead, I'm reduced to trolling this forum, which isn't bad, it's just not the same thing.

SkyStreak

• Minion
« Reply #169 on: September 10, 2012, 06:44:32 PM »
This does not make me happy.  I'd love to jump on and run everything that I missed in the past year (Incarnate stuff included), as well as be able to post on the CoH forums, where I spent many a happy hour talking to people, debating changes, and just plain having fun.  Instead, I'm reduced to trolling this forum, which isn't bad, it's just not the same thing.

I'm hearing rumors (but have no way of confirming them) that retail codes are still working if applied through your PlayNC account.

If this is true, then theoretically a game time card should work.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #170 on: September 10, 2012, 06:47:47 PM »
I'm hearing rumors (but have no way of confirming them) that retail codes are still working if applied through your PlayNC account.

If this is true, then theoretically a game time card should work.
On a related note:  I saw at least one mention on the Twitter feed last night regarding the update servers not allowing the client to be updated.  Not sure if that was a hiccup or something was turned off.  Do we know if anyone has been able to update the client in the last 12 hours or so?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Golden Girl

• One Liners and Winky Faces
  • Elite Boss
    • Heroes and Villains
« Reply #171 on: September 10, 2012, 06:54:18 PM »
I think that we shoud really push Leandro's video, becasue it helps to show the diveristy and size of the player base that's against the closure.
"Heroes and Villains" website - http://www.heroes-and-villains.com
"Heroes and Villains" on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HeroesAndVillainsMMORPG
"Heroes and Villains" on Twitter - https://twitter.com/Plan_Z_Studios
"Heroes and Villains" teaser trailer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnjKqNPfFv8
Artwork - http://goldengirlcoh.deviantart.com

marquandDance

• Underling
« Reply #172 on: September 10, 2012, 07:02:23 PM »
I saw there was talk of another possible Unity rally - if we do have another one, I think it'd be awesome so give redside a little bit of love, and have a Villain rally.

(Mostly because I'd LOVE to see a composite shot of 3,000 villains looking badass).

I would like to see that.

Codewalker

• Hero of the City
  • Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
  • Moar Dots!
« Reply #173 on: September 10, 2012, 07:05:22 PM »
On a related note:  I saw at least one mention on the Twitter feed last night regarding the update servers not allowing the client to be updated.  Not sure if that was a hiccup or something was turned off.  Do we know if anyone has been able to update the client in the last 12 hours or so?

Might have been a glitch, I just updated Test on one computer to the latest version with no issue.

I don't think I have any where live is out of date, but the update servers aren't shut off completely at least.

@B0FH

• Underling
  • Badge Hunting Since 1809
    • B0FH.co.uk
« Reply #174 on: September 10, 2012, 07:06:54 PM »

I've installed the client through Steam and the NCSoft updater 3 times in the last 36 hours (latest around4 hours ago) on Mac and PC so can confirm updates are still able to be pulled/patched
@B0FH
"If there's anything more important than my ego I want it caught and shot now..." - Zaphod Beablebrox

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #175 on: September 10, 2012, 07:09:48 PM »
Good to know.  Thanks, guys.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

NecrotechMaster

• Elite Boss
  • is there a badge for that?
« Reply #176 on: September 11, 2012, 04:10:19 PM »
from what i saw in the screenshot of that on the forums, they were trying to do an update on a much older version of the game

iirc they were trying to update an i20 version of the game to a current i23 version which is possibly why the error was coming up because they said when they did a repair it worked and was basically redownloading the entire game

jbadger

• Underling
    • World Of Roleplayers Radio
« Reply #177 on: September 11, 2012, 11:01:10 PM »
On Monday (Sept 17th) at 6PM - 9PM (edt) there is a rally planned for the Guardian server in Pocket D.  Bring your Heroes, Bring your Villains.  www.AFKradio.com will continue their support and be spinning tunes to support everyone and have some fun!

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #178 on: September 12, 2012, 11:09:29 AM »
On Monday (Sept 17th) at 6PM - 9PM (edt) there is a rally planned for the Guardian server in Pocket D.  Bring your Heroes, Bring your Villains.  www.AFKradio.com will continue their support and be spinning tunes to support everyone and have some fun!

I'm on GMT, so that's a little late for me to be there, I think. Best of luck, guys, and I'll pass it on to my 'merican SG mates in the hopes that some of them will roll toons on Guardian and show up to support you :)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #179 on: September 12, 2012, 08:36:51 PM »
I'm on GMT, so that's a little late for me to be there, I think. Best of luck, guys, and I'll pass it on to my 'merican SG mates in the hopes that some of them will roll toons on Guardian and show up to support you :)

Before you go to bed, join an AE arc.

Go to Pocket D.

Leave your toon there AFK.  Thanks to being on the AE arc, you will not get autobooted.  You might not be there "live" but unless your computer reboots your toon and account will be there to be counted.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido