Author Topic: Call to Action: Unity Rally  (Read 63392 times)

CMKook

• Lieutenant
    • My DA Page
Re: Call to Action: Unity Rally
« Reply #140 on: September 09, 2012, 04:52:28 AM »
This was AP 17of 33

TinFoil

• Minion
« Reply #141 on: September 09, 2012, 05:10:57 AM »
In case the updated video hasn't been posted:

Composite Video of ~32 Instances on Virtue

This is the sort of video that can capture some news interest. Huge kudos to Leandro Pardini for putting it together.

chaparralshrub

• Elite Boss
« Reply #142 on: September 09, 2012, 05:33:33 AM »
I was on Defiant this evening and only encountered a couple of people, but I see why. I did get to talk to someone about the history of CoH and what the media coverage has resulted in.

Conclusion: this is awesome! We've got the attention of the entire gaming community! NCSoft may hold all of the cards for CoH itself, but if that falls through, it's likely now that someone will help us. Yay!

JustJane

• Underling
« Reply #143 on: September 09, 2012, 05:51:03 AM »
During the rally it was brought to my attention that maybe we should plan a gathering like this as often as possible to show NC that we are in unity. Possibly once a week or such. Any ideas on that?

I like this idea, and would suggest that it vary just slightly. Perhaps do a different day (Sunday v. Saturday) or a different time (am v. pm) to give people who almost always work Saturday pm a chance to join. :) I also like that someone suggested we rally on each server. I think it is awesome to have so many instances, but I also think it would look cool to have a few instances per server or have most servers at yellow (ideally red). Plus it allows those of us with crappy PCs or crappy connections a smaller chance of dcing.

Awesome pics by the way! The video one gave me chills. I love it!

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #144 on: September 09, 2012, 05:58:43 AM »
I like this idea, and would suggest that it vary just slightly. Perhaps do a different day (Sunday v. Saturday) or a different time (am v. pm) to give people who almost always work Saturday pm a chance to join. :) I also like that someone suggested we rally on each server. I think it is awesome to have so many instances, but I also think it would look cool to have a few instances per server or have most servers at yellow (ideally red). Plus it allows those of us with crappy PCs or crappy connections a smaller chance of dcing.

I would add that it would accommodate our friends who aren't in the continental US, also.

I was in CO about an hour ago, looking closely at some aspects of the game like motion and object interactions.  They're getting uppity.  There was a discussion of coming up with some way to "recognize the CoX refugees."  The comments got to the point where a dev had to step in.  I didn't enter the discussion, but it pissed me off.  If anyone was lacking in motivation, I suggest logging into CO...
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #145 on: September 09, 2012, 06:17:39 AM »
Can we gather up the news articles/blog posts about the Unity Rally?

Especially the ones calling it a protest -- like our two big-name-site articles:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09/06/city-of-heroes-fans-will-hold-a-protest-rally-at-atlas-park/
http://kotaku.com/5941607/city-of-heroes-protest-takes-its-case-to-city-hall

-- Both of these are calling it a protest. I really would like someone who already has an account there to attempt to get the wording changed. It was not a protest - we are not protesting anything yet because it's still up in the air right now - it was a showing of solidarity and support of each other in this time and support of the idea that this City will not go down without a fight. We're heroes. This is what we do.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Myriade

« Reply #146 on: September 09, 2012, 08:01:57 AM »
Most of the pics are on the official board : http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=297058

dior

• Minion
« Reply #147 on: September 09, 2012, 08:31:01 AM »

zoser

• Lieutenant
« Reply #148 on: September 09, 2012, 08:38:40 AM »
In case the updated video hasn't been posted:

Composite Video of ~32 Instances on Virtue

This is the sort of video that can capture some news interest. Huge kudos to Leandro Pardini for putting it together.

Thank you for posting this - together with the heroic French horns music this made me cry like a baby just now. This community is simply beyond awesome! My only regret is that the ancient PC I tried to log into the game with yesterday should have met the minimum requirements but apparently did not. Therefore I spent the 2 hours yesterday staring at the Atlas login screen, watching the bar go up just to be disconnected again .... :(

This was a powerful statement that seems to have attracted a lot of attention - let's hope that  the real possibility of a PR disaster shortly after the launch of GW2 will make NCSOFT reconsider!

Zos

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #149 on: September 09, 2012, 08:59:13 AM »
the heroic French horns music
That's the original Atlas Park zone theme music!
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

zoser

• Lieutenant
« Reply #150 on: September 09, 2012, 09:16:01 AM »
I know, having heard it regularly for more than 7 years now. *g*
Just wanted to work around using the expression for some reason - thanks for pointing it out for others though. :)

Maressa

• Boss
« Reply #151 on: September 09, 2012, 10:08:37 AM »
Hi guys! I know someone was asking that all the media coverage be compiled. Well I have been doing that for the last few days!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjrAo1HdYNiddGFha0dnTzF3OEE2Nm4wUlRwSWlMRmc

If you find any that aren't on my list send me a message here or in game.

@Maressa

Baronesa

• Underling
« Reply #152 on: September 09, 2012, 10:40:09 AM »
From last night, in Atlas Park 4

Another Atlas Park... forgot the number.

And this morning in the still open Atlas Park 33:

marquandDance

• Underling
« Reply #153 on: September 09, 2012, 10:45:55 AM »

I'd hoped that if the game gets a reprieve, the date of the good news be designated an in game holiday.

Thirty-Seven

• Elite Boss
  • Keeper of the Sacred Number
« Reply #154 on: September 09, 2012, 11:27:54 AM »
I'd hoped that if the game gets a reprieve, the date of the good news be designated an in game holiday.
A fabulous idea that I can't imagine folks will disagree with.

Phoenix Day?  :P

Scrier

• Underling
« Reply #155 on: September 09, 2012, 12:02:19 PM »
If only it weren't strongly associated with a character from a very copyrighted mythology, you could even have it be the day an entity with that name came to Paragon, causing a healing light to spread across the City.

Gemfire

• Underling
« Reply #156 on: September 09, 2012, 12:30:47 PM »
Well it was quite a sight to see all in unity to save the game. I was impressed and left my usual Defiant server and importunately crashed out at around 22.15 BST. Upon queuing to get back on i was 231 out of 260ish.

It just shows how much the game is loved by everyone. I have been on the game for many years and was gobsmacked when I heard the news. I know it is a game and there are many others, but the difference is the community and the varied ways to play the game. I have played other games like WOW but it has nowhere near the same kind of commitment from its players.

I am sure that all the VIP players would pay double each month to keep the game..... I know I would

Mister Bison

• Elite Boss
  • *psychotic grin*
« Reply #157 on: September 09, 2012, 01:19:22 PM »
A fabulous idea that I can't imagine folks will disagree with.

Phoenix Day?  :P
There has been no death and thus no revival yet. Wasn't it the day to reinstate our love in this game ? I'd say it's the Heroes Day, simply.
Yeeessss....

johnrobey

• Elite Boss
  • CoH global: @Kristoff von Gelmini
« Reply #158 on: September 09, 2012, 02:04:50 PM »
THANK YOU to TonyV & Titan Network, to Paragon Studios and the devs who attending, but most especially to *you*, my fellow heroines and heroes who attended to make the Player Rally!  I was also really heartened (read: blown away) by CNN iReports http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-838027 and http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-837330?ref=feeds%2Flatest and particularly the support shown here:  http://www.dealspwn.com/neil-gaiman-john-wright-john-kovalic-mercedes-lackey-support-save-city-heroes-campaign-113562?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Dealspwn+%28Dealspwn%29/trackback

THANK YOU one and all!   Despite thinking it will take 2-4 weeks minimum for things to get worked out, at minimum I'm hopeful that City of Heroes and Paragon Studios can continue as planned with issue 24 (and beyond) either with NCSoft or with another MMO publisher.
"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi         "In every generation there has to be some fool who will speak the truth as he sees it." -- Boris Pasternak
"Where They Have Burned Books They Will End In Burning Human Beings" -- Heinrich Heine

Red_Valkyrie

• Underling
« Reply #159 on: September 09, 2012, 03:35:50 PM »
I really, really wish I could, since I missed the show of solidarity on Monday, but I won't make this one, either... unless it's still going at 8-9pm Eastern.

I hope an enormous amount of people do make it, though, and stand strong!

Well, there were 33 Atlas Parks on Virtue and a queue of... I recall one number being reported was 261. After that, the overflow was asked to head to Freedom and their overflow spilled over onto Infinity.

So I guess you can say that there was a turnout. ^.^
"We're heroes. Fighting injustice is what we do." ~Rebel Scum