Author Topic: Star Power  (Read 68692 times)

Soundtrack

• Boss
Re: Star Power
« Reply #200 on: September 16, 2012, 12:12:06 PM »
GU Comics and PvP have both thrown their hats in the rings, folks. Please take some time to thank Scott Kurtz(PvP) and Woody Hearn(GU Comics) for lending their voices and considerable reader bases to our cause.

www.gucomics.com

www.pvponline.com

I couldn't find the "Comments" section to Mr. Kurtz's blog entry to thank him. Am I missing something? :)

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #201 on: September 16, 2012, 01:39:41 PM »
I couldn't find the "Comments" section to Mr. Kurtz's blog entry to thank him. Am I missing something? :)

At the very bottom of the main page of  PvP, there's a "contact us" email hyperlink. :)
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #202 on: September 16, 2012, 02:05:21 PM »
At the very bottom of the main page of  PvP, there's a "contact us" email hyperlink. :)

Ah..ok. Thanks, Drake! :)

Elemento

• Underling
  • Renaissance Man
« Reply #203 on: September 16, 2012, 03:05:05 PM »
Another person to truly contact is Nicholas Cage who is an avid comic book geek.

In reference to the best person to send to on The Big Bang Theory, I would suggest Chuck Lorre, the show's creator.  You could try any of the actors but he probably would be better.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #204 on: September 17, 2012, 10:28:27 AM »
Just remembered one more person that might help because I happened to notice him on gchat and kind of went "D'oh!"

Howard Tayler, creator of the Schlock Mercenary webcomic.  I dunno that he's a gamer, but he's a great guy.  So I just asked him.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #205 on: September 17, 2012, 11:33:25 AM »
I already tried sending an email to Phil & Kaja Foglio, they are definitely gamers from way back. Also busy as all get out, though.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #206 on: September 17, 2012, 03:22:55 PM »
Just remembered one more person that might help because I happened to notice him on gchat and kind of went "D'oh!"

Howard Tayler, creator of the Schlock Mercenary webcomic.  I dunno that he's a gamer, but he's a great guy.  So I just asked him.

You would think I would have thought of him, myself. Oy. What's wrong with my head lately? x.x

Thanks VV, for thinking of what I should have. :)
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #207 on: September 17, 2012, 08:02:07 PM »
Howard Tayler says yes.

We just need to figure out WHAT to put on his blog besides sending people here.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #208 on: September 17, 2012, 09:03:10 PM »
Howard Tayler says yes.

And once we figure out what to say, I nominate our own illustrious Ms. Lackey to compose it (if she's willing).

With her writing skills, she could convince a Hellion to seek counseling for pyromania. :)

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #209 on: September 17, 2012, 09:24:01 PM »
Howard Tayler says yes.

...so one of my favorite authors, and another favorite author whose podcast has also helped keep me writing, are conspiring together now.

*eyes NCSoft*

Quake with fear.

Seriously, THANK YOU for getting in touch with him, VV. You rock!

steve1967

• Minion
« Reply #210 on: September 17, 2012, 09:48:35 PM »
What about Jonathon Coulter?  I have seen him in game before.

I would so love to have a Save COH song earwormed like Skullcrusher Mountain did....

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #211 on: September 18, 2012, 12:01:27 AM »
And once we figure out what to say, I nominate our own illustrious Ms. Lackey to compose it (if she's willing).

With her writing skills, she could convince a Hellion to seek counseling for pyromania. :)

I would not even PRESUME to put words in Howard's mouth.

What I meant by "we need to figure out what to say" was "I need to give him sufficient raw material to furnish his own cluster-bomb."  Mission accomplished, I think.  Anyway he says he is going to put a post on his blog.

He's a sweetie and we are mutual fans.

Soundtrack

• Boss
« Reply #212 on: September 18, 2012, 12:56:33 AM »

What I meant by "we need to figure out what to say" was "I need to give him sufficient raw material to furnish his own cluster-bomb."  Mission accomplished, I think.  Anyway he says he is going to put a post on his blog.

Ah! I apologize. I meant no offense and now understand what you meant. :)

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #213 on: September 18, 2012, 01:24:41 AM »

Will it be a cluster f-bomb;D
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #214 on: September 18, 2012, 03:42:42 AM »
Will it be a cluster f-bomb;D

Likely not. Howard prefers to get the point across without the use of offensive language. :P

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #215 on: September 19, 2012, 07:16:17 AM »
I understand Kevin Smith is an avid comicbook fan, and has a Twitter account. Has anyone tried to contact him to plead our cause? He seems like an approachable guy.
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #216 on: September 19, 2012, 06:48:27 PM »
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 07:01:49 PM by rae »
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #217 on: September 19, 2012, 10:33:18 PM »
I realize that I live in a cave and don't get a newspaper ---but I've never heard of any of those people.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #218 on: September 19, 2012, 10:36:43 PM »
Larry believes we now have enough of a story to go to BoingBoing.  So now I will be spending a bit of time aggregating all the stars that have endorsed us and "our story so far" so he can present it to Cory Doctorow.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #219 on: September 20, 2012, 05:36:16 AM »
I realize that I live in a cave and don't get a newspaper ---but I've never heard of any of those people.

Not sure about the other guy, but RHW wrote a lot of Star Trek scripts.  Most of what I know him for is DS9. He seemed to like doing Worf and "O'Brien Must Suffer" stories.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 01:08:01 PM by dwturducken »
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."