Author Topic: Star Power  (Read 68510 times)

Zolgar

• Grand Poobah of Plan Z
  • Boss
Re: Star Power
« Reply #240 on: September 30, 2012, 07:28:39 AM »
Has anyone tried Stan Lee yet? ;)

Sorry.. couldn't help it.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #241 on: September 30, 2012, 07:45:02 AM »

Sorry.. couldn't help it.

* DrakeGrimm starts lining up the Orbital Drop Boot-to-the-Head for [Redacted Target Location]
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Atlantea

• Elite Boss
« Reply #242 on: September 30, 2012, 12:22:57 PM »
Hey - just thought of something.

We have a Gaiman Woods, and we contacted Neil Gaiman...

It's in Perez Park.

Have we contacted George Perez?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/George-P%C3%A9rez-Fan-Page/385542437272

And speaking of people who would know and understand about the emotional impact of creative works being threatened, has anyone thought of Colleen Doran?

http://adistantsoil.com/

If you've ever read her blog stuff, you realize that she is not just a fantastic artist, but she's a tenacious iron lady when it comes to the legalities and pitfalls that face creative people in the business world. She knows that stuff because she had to learn it the hard way for herself. I think she'd sympathize with us.

Plus, through her are possibly connections to other like-minded people. I think she and Neil Gaiman have collaborated before? (Not sure if I am recalling right) And she worked at DC comics so also knows people (like George Perez above).

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #243 on: September 30, 2012, 01:41:37 PM »
Neil Gaiman and Felicia Day have tweeted on our behalf.

I've tweeted The Generalissimo.

As well as Dee Snider (Twisted Sister lead singer) and the venerable Ruth Buzzi in as creative ways I can.  Retweeting  them, quoting, and not expecting replies. However, there's the hope that using the @ or # will help spread the word.

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #244 on: September 30, 2012, 04:44:24 PM »
I'm going to make a note here for one of us to contact the rock star of NFL punters (no, seriously, stop giggling), outspoken LGBT activist, bass player, and all-around nerd Chris Kluwe. If someone beats me to it, all the better.
@Vulpy
Protector Server

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #245 on: September 30, 2012, 04:52:27 PM »
I dunno. His twitter handle is @ChrisWarcraft...  ;)
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #246 on: September 30, 2012, 05:36:14 PM »
I dunno. His twitter handle is @ChrisWarcraft...  ;)

But once again, I'm finding myself stymied by my lack of Twitter and Facebook. Choosing to live privately means that, occasionally, you have less reach than you'd like...
@Vulpy
Protector Server

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #247 on: September 30, 2012, 06:15:51 PM »
I was being mildly sarcastic.  His handle is very suggestive that he would, in fact be gamer-friendly, even if it does reference the "wrong" game. :)

I know I've seen a lot of fellow Midwesterners on here, even some hints at folks here being from the MinnePaul area.  Maybe a call to attention, rather than a call to action?
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #248 on: September 30, 2012, 07:29:19 PM »
But once again, I'm finding myself stymied by my lack of Twitter and Facebook. Choosing to live privately means that, occasionally, you have less reach than you'd like...
That's why I made my twitter account for CoH only - I don't follow anyone from my real life, and I don't let anyone from my real life follow me (unless they play City :p ) - and I don't post much at all. Twitter has nothing to do with my real life.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Wolv42

• Underling
« Reply #249 on: September 30, 2012, 10:20:23 PM »
I may have missed it in re-reading the thread here, so if it's been mentioned before I apologize.  But has anyone tried Kevin Smith?  Not only is the dude a serious comic-geek, but he has a history of loving to get in on protests (hey, he protested Domga, why not this?).

Knightward

• Minion
« Reply #250 on: September 30, 2012, 11:45:58 PM »
Actually, my girlfriend goes to his comic shop fairly often.  I'll see if I can work anything out that way.

Seishou

• Underling
« Reply #251 on: October 01, 2012, 03:53:39 PM »
Well, it has gotten on to penny-arcade's radar.

http://penny-arcade.com/comic

Not really what I was thinking they'd do if they were going to make anything about CoH closing, but the write up hasn't been put up as of yet. So we'll see.

P51mus

• Boss
  • aka Pitho
« Reply #252 on: October 01, 2012, 04:32:11 PM »
City of Gyros (not a real food chain) is advertised in the fake ingame ads, so it seems like they at least know something about the game.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #253 on: October 02, 2012, 03:56:19 AM »
Speaking of stars, all vote that it goes to Fansy the Famous Bard?

Unanimous.

I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #254 on: October 02, 2012, 04:03:33 AM »
Fansy gets my vote. VV gets one hell of an honorable mention though. ;)
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Quinch

« Reply #255 on: October 02, 2012, 04:55:44 AM »

Who, Stan? Hardy.

Fansy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #256 on: October 02, 2012, 01:03:37 PM »
Hail!

You are missing something, VV & Crew!

I vote for ALLof you! Every single one of you! Twice over! Without any of your support this cause would of never been anything, and the game would just of dwindled down to whispers in the wind. You didn't let it happen, you didn't take your City being destroyed and you won't allow it to fall without a fight. No celebrity, aside Mercedes, was in it from the start; you had to make noise, you had to branch out, you had to shake my tree until all my nuts fell down! Coconuts that is.

That is why if anyone, if any celebrity - Online or ''Off the Computer''(as Grandpa says), deserves any credit..
it's you celebrities. You're the REAL heroes here. Tony gave you a place, gave you a cause, and you created the backbone for it. I'm just glad to be here, to be part of it, to be able to scratch the surface.

What is a Good Team? I have always been asked, and never gave a clear definition.(Ask anyone! Never did!)
It's you. And that is one for the books.

Now get out there and ring in some more help, and support!
You've got work to do, Heroes; Go-Go Good Team!

Sincerely,
Fansy The ''Famous'' Bard

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #257 on: October 02, 2012, 08:06:50 PM »
...I had a thought, that might have been brought up already. Has anybody thought to try to get a hold of PSY or his agent? <.<

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #258 on: October 02, 2012, 08:08:59 PM »
Gah... tweets are so short... what do you guys usually send when asking a celeb for help? =/

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #259 on: October 02, 2012, 08:11:02 PM »
If you look at my feed (@skybloopink) you can see what I've done. Feel free to copy paste, or edit to your needs :)
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink