Author Topic: Star Power  (Read 68522 times)

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
Re: Star Power
« Reply #220 on: September 20, 2012, 09:15:41 AM »
Adam Warren is the artist credited with bringing Manga-style comics to the US. He did the US adaption of Dirty Pair, worked on Gen13 and various Marvel titles and writes the Empowered series for Dark Horse :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Warren
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

StarRanger4

• Boss
« Reply #221 on: September 21, 2012, 05:34:22 AM »
Adam Warren is the artist credited with bringing Manga-style comics to the US. He did the US adaption of Dirty Pair,

Yeah, Adam Warren I knew for just that reason; Mr Wolfe I did not.

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #222 on: September 24, 2012, 03:46:11 PM »
This was brought up in the Sunset forums, and I thought it should be mentioned here.

Steve Jackson Games has a very good reputation in the pen and paper gaming industry. They're also a company that keeps products going WELL past their sell-by date. I don't suppose that folks might have contacts with them to discuss possible acquisition of the COH IP and/or potential funding of Plan Z should it come to that? Especially if we can say "Look, this is what we can offer, this is what the game can do for you, we're willing to get product placement in the game for you, can you help us save City of Heroes?"

There is HUGE potential for SJG product placement in COH. Between the books, the CCGs (Munchkin games at the university!!!), and everything else....it may well be an avenue worth exploring. *I* don't have the contacts for that, but perhaps someone here does?
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #223 on: September 27, 2012, 04:03:29 AM »
Wish I'd thought of this earlier. Anyone know who Lindsey Stirling is? Incredibly talented, and apparently a hard-core gamer. These are the two gaming related creations I found quickly, but I believe there's others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSLPH9d-jsI&feature=relmfu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3KUyPKbR7Q&feature=relmfu

http://lindseystirlingviolin.com/

I've enjoyed a lot of her youtube vids and love her music, but have no contact at all other than that. I've just got the gut feeling she might sympathize with the plight of City of Heroes. Even if that does not happen, her musical performances are fun and uplifting and worth pointing out just for the inspiration.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #224 on: September 27, 2012, 04:05:54 AM »
Wish I'd thought of this earlier. Anyone know who Lindsey Stirling is? Incredibly talented, and apparently a hard-core gamer. These are the two gaming related creations I found quickly, but I believe there's others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSLPH9d-jsI&feature=relmfu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3KUyPKbR7Q&feature=relmfu

http://lindseystirlingviolin.com/

I've enjoyed a lot of her youtube vids and love her music, but have no contact at all other than that. I've just got the gut feeling she might sympathize with the plight of City of Heroes. Even if that does not happen, her musical performances are fun and uplifting and worth pointing out just for the inspiration.

If we get her on board, see if she can poke Peter Hollens into joining in too. Their collab works are amazing.
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #225 on: September 27, 2012, 05:05:36 AM »
If we get her on board, see if she can poke Peter Hollens into joining in too. Their collab works are amazing.

You said it, brother. But I've no idea how to attract the attention of rising young stars like that. If I did, you think I'd be hangin' around here?  :o

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #226 on: September 27, 2012, 05:25:30 AM »
Try Tweeting.  That's how we got Neil Gaiman and Felicia Day.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

darkskye

• Minion
« Reply #227 on: September 27, 2012, 05:42:52 AM »
Lindsey is also on facebook.  Might be worth trying to reach her that way :D

ETA: I've sent her a message on FB.  I'll be surprised if I hear back from her, but I figured it couldn't hurt. :D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 06:04:10 AM by darkskye »

Rae

• Elite Boss
  • Journo/PR: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #228 on: September 28, 2012, 11:49:47 AM »
I've Tweeted a few celeb comic geeks today asking for a RT. If we get any, I'll let you know.

But I JUST had a facepalm moment. Nicolas Cage has a second home in the town I live in. I'm gonna try writing him a letter and ask if he'd be willing to support us.  Hell, it's only the price of a stamp, right?

ETA: And posted. Here's hoping.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 01:48:13 PM by rae »
--
@Vandellia
Virtue - Vandellia / Unseen Scarlet

Twitter: @Skybloopink

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #229 on: September 28, 2012, 02:23:53 PM »
Try Tweeting.  That's how we got Neil Gaiman and Felicia Day.

I've heard of that...

Fansy

• Lieutenant
« Reply #230 on: September 28, 2012, 02:25:28 PM »
Heroes!

You've done an amazing job in stirring the hornets nest of sleeping celebrities! Do not think that one is too small or another is too big, I understand and appreciate your conservatism Tony but there is a lot more to one's celeb fashion than you might realize. I would suggest shaking the coconuts out of every tree, you never know when a large enough nut like myself might fall down. You're creating enough waves to reach the music industry, and throughout the Gaming thresh-hold but you're still holding back. Enough, Good Team, is enough! It's time to send the messages through every corner, hole, and secret cave! I am also doing the same and have received some pretty interesting responses but there has to be an event to match their coming forth. There has to be a way for them to access the game, and will need accounts to do so and ways to honor their fame.

Fred Gallagher is one who is very interested in this cause, as is Matthew Inman, and others!

Plenty more out there, many fish in the sea, but to make it memorable you'll need and event so big and organized and ready for them to sign onto the game for recording or live broadcast that only one word could describe it: Most Epic Day in CoH History. No in gaming history!

You've got the community, you've got the spark, you've got the eyes on you Good Guys! Keep it up!

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #231 on: September 28, 2012, 04:11:48 PM »
...you got FRED and MATT interested in this? Good $deity, Fansy, you're a machine.

* DrakeGrimm salutes the bard
We are the crazy ones, the mavericks, the dreamers, the forgotten sons. We color outside the lines for fun. We are the crazy ones! - "The Crazy Ones," Stellar Revival

"We put ourselves in "the attitude of heroes"--and we all became a little more heroic." - VV

Kheprera

• Elite Boss
« Reply #232 on: September 28, 2012, 04:18:06 PM »
You know...

Vin Diesel and Robin Williams are gamers...

I've utilized a Ruth Buzzi quote (@Ruth_A_Buzzi on twitter), responded to Pauley Paulette (Abby on NCIS) and Brian Dietzen (Jimmy on NCIS) explaining why I wasn't watching the season premiere...

Next is to try and utilize one of Steve Martin's crazy tweets in some way...

P51mus

• Boss
  • aka Pitho
« Reply #233 on: September 28, 2012, 11:17:55 PM »
There has to be a way for them to access the game, and will need accounts to do so and ways to honor their fame.

There are a lot of people that have extra accounts for City of Heroes for one reason or another.  For example, there are a number that had extra accounts for farming PvP IOs, the extra accounts were just there for characters that could die/self res repeatedly.   Mostly it'd just be a matter of finding people with extra accounts and getting those accounts to the people who'd need em to check the game out.  More annoying than just being able to make a new account, but doable.  Just have to make an announcement.

I don't have any extras myself, but I know a friend who has an extra he made for power leveling (he's never been anywhere near as into the game as myself, and is very fatalistic about the whole shutdown, but I might be able to convince him to give up the extra account).

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #234 on: September 28, 2012, 11:19:17 PM »
There are a lot of people that have extra accounts for City of Heroes for one reason or another.  For example, there are a number that had extra accounts for farming PvP IOs, the extra accounts were just there for characters that could die/self res repeatedly.   Mostly it'd just be a matter of finding people with extra accounts and getting those accounts to the people who'd need em to check the game out.  More annoying than just being able to make a new account, but doable.  Just have to make an announcement.

I don't have any extras myself, but I know a friend who has an extra he made for power leveling (he's never been anywhere near as into the game as myself, and is very fatalistic about the whole shutdown, but I might be able to convince him to give up the extra account).

Both my husband and I have a secondary account. Both secondary accounts are Premium with a decent amount of vet rewards. I'm willing to volunteer them for celebrity usage if necessary, though I'd obviously want to be in direct contact with the person using the account. ;)
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

Knightslayer

• Elite Boss
    • Monster Game!
« Reply #235 on: September 29, 2012, 11:07:34 PM »
Not sure if she's been mentioned yet, but did anyone try contacting Jessica Chobot? (https://twitter.com/Jessica_Chobot)
She's an avid gamer and reporter for IGN, and ME3's reporter Diane Allers was based on her. =P

CoolFlare

• Underling
« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2012, 06:38:50 AM »
Ok,  here is the big giant question. Has anyone tried getting the Big Kahuna of comic books in this rallying cry. And by Big Kahuna I mean the ever popular Stan Lee. The father of all comics and super heroes.

DrakeGrimm

• Elite Boss
« Reply #237 on: September 30, 2012, 06:46:33 AM »
Ok,  here is the big giant question. Has anyone tried getting the Big Kahuna of comic books in this rallying cry. And by Big Kahuna I mean the ever popular Stan Lee. The father of all comics and super heroes.

I think it's been mentioned. A few billion times. <.< >.>

Still, totally enthused to see people still trying to throw ideas out there! Let's keep at it!

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2012, 07:09:53 AM »
I think it's been mentioned. A few billion times. <.< >.>

Still, totally enthused to see people still trying to throw ideas out there! Let's keep at it!

One more time.  No one who is associated with DC or Marvel can give us their endorsement.  They are forbidden to do so by their contracts, which forbid them to shill for a competing product.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

CoolFlare

• Underling
« Reply #239 on: September 30, 2012, 07:15:32 AM »
One more time.  No one who is associated with DC or Marvel can give us their endorsement.  They are forbidden to do so by their contracts, which forbid them to shill for a competing product.

well darn  :(.