Author Topic: Star Power  (Read 68696 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Star Power
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2012, 08:35:37 PM »
Yeeeaaah... But I'm one of those. I saw the site, but I didn't see anything like a direct e-mail.
I was looking for that too, but nothing jumped out at me.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

rathe101

• Underling
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2012, 09:42:50 PM »
Big Banner up top, Lower right hand link... Email ToTs

or.. -> AnimationLover@aol.com

should work for Tara Strong, pulled it off her website at least.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2012, 09:47:22 PM »
Big Banner up top, Lower right hand link... Email ToTs

or.. -> AnimationLover@aol.com

should work for Tara Strong, pulled it off her website at least.
Oh yeah.  Now I see it.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2012, 09:54:31 PM »
Yeeeaaah... But I'm one of those. I saw the site, but I didn't see anything like a direct e-mail.

Our resident celebrity might feel differently about this, but the one celebrity I know takes great pains to make himself unreachable, personally. He is VERY busy, tho, so, what little free time he does get, he wants to be able to spend with family and friends or song writing.

Point being, I would be surprised if someone who has a couple million plus Twitter followers is going to have an email address on their website, at least not checked by them, personally.  The only exception that comes to mind was Bruce Campbell, back in the pre-Twitter days when he was more hands-on with his own website.
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2012, 10:01:53 PM »
Oh yeah.  Now I see it.

My powers of observation are unmatched! Eh, heh, heh...  :-[
@Vulpy
Protector Server

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2012, 01:20:18 AM »
Our resident celebrity might feel differently about this, but the one celebrity I know takes great pains to make himself unreachable, personally. He is VERY busy, tho, so, what little free time he does get, he wants to be able to spend with family and friends or song writing.

Point being, I would be surprised if someone who has a couple million plus Twitter followers is going to have an email address on their website, at least not checked by them, personally.  The only exception that comes to mind was Bruce Campbell, back in the pre-Twitter days when he was more hands-on with his own website.

Actually I generally only come out of the broom closet for specific, small communities.  I don't have a publicly available email address, I don't have contact information on my website and (shhhhhhhhhhh) I don't handle my FB page, someone else does.

The reason for this is simple: despite having an FAQ up, no one (or at least, not one of the people who should) ever seems to read it.  Now, I can answer the 5000000000000000000000000000000000000 iteration of "Are Companions really angels?" or I can actually write something.  You know, stuff I am paid to write.  So I can pay bills.

Within the small communities where I do operate openly, I know that you folks are mostly not too stupid to read the FAQ going to invite me into discussions of things that are interesting.

That will be the case with the vast majority of celebrity types.  It's not that they don't want to, it's that the clueless wonders would devour every spare nanosecond of their time.

However if you are demonstrably clever enough to find the work around, most of the celebs I know are at least gracious enough to get you some kind of answer.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2012, 02:47:34 AM »
I always thought the best thing to do was treat a celebrity type just like anyone else. Don't ask stupid questions, be respectful, and stick to the topic at hand rather than zoning off into drooling fandom. :) Because drooling fans are bloody SCARY! (Don't ask about drooling LARP player fanzombies...Just don't...and dear GODS don't ask me about how to build a chantry or how the Tremere Pyramid really works...AGAIN...)
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

ROBOKiTTY

• Boss
  • KiTTYRiffic
    • KiTTYLand
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2012, 04:38:23 AM »
I went to the library to look for some of your books, and I saw that they were in a section I hadn't seen before, called 'Speed Reads'. I went and asked about those, and that turned out to be a new category for making highly-requested items more accessible; they could only be taken out for a short period of time, could not be reserved, and came with huge late fees. In that small section, I spied a book I'd tried to get in the past but couldn't because the reserve queue extended 18 months. =^o^=
Have you played with a KiTTY today?

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #108 on: September 08, 2012, 05:40:47 AM »
Stay on target.....stay on target....

I'm working on the "my people talking to your people" angle for Jim Butcher.

We are waiting until we have enough for the basis for a real article before talking to Cory Doctorow (whom we both know, though Larry is now an Official BoingBoing Source so he will probably be the front man).  Right now this isn't *yet* a movement.  In fact...well let me quote Larry in his IM to me just now.

"When there is something really happening, then sure, but right now the beginning and end of it is, 'Something we don't like happened and we're really upset!'  It isn't a movement or, honestly, a novelty.
Larry: Again not being a dick, just saying.  Cory is the guy who wrote "I don't care" as a PW article, after all.  It has to have catch & grab.  There isn't enough happening with all this that is newsworthy yet."

Don't give up, keep working every angle. 

I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #109 on: September 08, 2012, 05:56:44 AM »
Stay on target.....stay on target....

I'm working on the "my people talking to your people" angle for Jim Butcher.

We are waiting until we have enough for the basis for a real article before talking to Cory Doctorow (whom we both know, though Larry is now an Official BoingBoing Source so he will probably be the front man).  Right now this isn't *yet* a movement.  In fact...well let me quote Larry in his IM to me just now.

"When there is something really happening, then sure, but right now the beginning and end of it is, 'Something we don't like happened and we're really upset!'  It isn't a movement or, honestly, a novelty.
Larry: Again not being a dick, just saying.  Cory is the guy who wrote "I don't care" as a PW article, after all.  It has to have catch & grab.  There isn't enough happening with all this that is newsworthy yet."

Don't give up, keep working every angle.

All right, let's make it newsworthy.  In a good way, of course.  Let's not have anyone flying off the handle.  But... what should we do that we aren't doing now?

If these people don't think we have a true story yet, NCSoft probably isn't going to feel pressured to do anything about it.  We need this.  How do we get it?  Ideas, anyone?

jacknomind

• Boss
« Reply #110 on: September 08, 2012, 06:15:26 AM »
One article Forbes has published about video games:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2012/03/27/mass-effect-3-protesters-sending-cupcakes-to-bioware/

Journalists are a type of bird, readily attracted to shiny objects, fear, crowds, blood, and other journalists.  We need to give them photo ops and drama or comedy, and there's no sympathetic drama to our story yet and no real comedy.

Find a cute dying kid who plays this game and says the darnedest things and we're gold.  Short of that... build your twitter following and flyer your local comic book shop.  We've got at least six weeks to try the slow way; after that, somebody's gonna have to make a bomb threat or start walking around NYC in a twine and spandex Diabolique costume.

jacknomind

• Boss
« Reply #111 on: September 08, 2012, 06:25:28 AM »
tl;dr : For the love of CITATION NEEDED, we need a/v media creators.  Please.  Please, please, please.

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #112 on: September 08, 2012, 06:27:40 AM »
tl;dr : For the love of CITATION NEEDED, we need a/v media creators.  Please.  Please, please, please.
Yes, we do.  Badly.  Flashy videos are easy for people to watch, easy to spam, and attractive.

Although I like the Diabolique costume idea >.>
I volunteer Jack.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #113 on: September 08, 2012, 06:43:42 AM »
Journalists are a type of bird, readily attracted to shiny objects, fear, crowds, blood, and other journalists.
I literally laughed out loud at this and scared my fraidy cat enough that he tooted as he ran under the desk. That just made me howl with laughter, which I think scared him even worse.

Thank you. I *really* needed that.
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

jacknomind

• Boss
« Reply #114 on: September 08, 2012, 06:44:50 AM »
That's good!  I was just about to ask you something: who primarily operates the Titan Networks twitter feed, and could they be persuaded to start a Titan YouTube channel?

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2012, 06:48:43 AM »
Eabrace is the semi-noob at the Twitter wheel. It's entirely possible we could set up a YouTube channel, but other than commenting and posting a silly video of my cat (because it's a requirement to feed the youtube cat gods), I have no idea how YouTube works. :x
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #116 on: September 08, 2012, 06:49:16 AM »
Yes, we do.  Badly.  Flashy videos are easy for people to watch, easy to spam, and attractive.

Although I like the Diabolique costume idea >.>
I volunteer Jack.

Well, that escalated quickly...
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #117 on: September 08, 2012, 07:11:37 AM »
Well, that escalated quickly...
Problems?  I see none :P

Press is press!

emu265

• Elite Boss
  • Wait, what?
« Reply #118 on: September 08, 2012, 07:15:30 AM »
Eabrace is the semi-noob at the Twitter wheel. It's entirely possible we could set up a YouTube channel, but other than commenting and posting a silly video of my cat (because it's a requirement to feed the youtube cat gods), I have no idea how YouTube works. :x
I have a vague idea, and I have someone who can help me (Youtuber with 5000+ subs).  But I have ZERO skill in editing/making videos.  I can talk into a webcam, that's about it.  I'd be willing to manage it, but I wouldn't be making much that I haven't already made. 

jacknomind

• Boss
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2012, 07:19:05 AM »
Just the channel, for tonight.  I don't know exactly what we're going to upload yet, but we need to at least start down the road.

(I made one at youtube.com/CoHNoMind .  There's nothing there.  I've never so much as taken a playthrough video before; this is going to take me some time.)