Author Topic: Star Power  (Read 68486 times)

Blitzwing

• Lieutenant
  • Boot to the Head!
Re: Star Power
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2012, 12:32:58 AM »
Perhaps we should compile a list of webcomics that CoH has appeared in, in some for or fashion, so we can start checking into whom we should contact....

I know, right off-hand, of PvP, and Ctrl+Alt+Del....

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2012, 12:50:59 AM »
I honestly can't recall if it was Mac Hall or Three Panel Soul.  Maybe both.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

jacknomind

• Boss
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2012, 01:34:02 AM »
Kudos to Samuraiko!  Neil Gaiman picked up her tweet!

https://twitter.com/Samuraiko/status/243758323642548224
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 01:41:41 AM by jacknomind »

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2012, 01:38:28 AM »
I just had a thought, does anyone have a list of the few people who did the VIP MA Arcs? They may be good people to try and get ahold of.

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2012, 01:40:35 AM »

<doing Snoopy happy dance>
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2012, 01:56:52 AM »
Jim Butcher did play as Harry Dresden - one sleepless night I was on my Mab Queen of Winter and saw Harry Dresden pass by.

I sent him a tell, "Mortal, would you be interested in a favor from Mab?"

We then proceeded to spend a couple of hours as Mab and Harry mopped the floor with the best they could offer :)

lunalynx

• Underling
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2012, 02:20:20 AM »
Nixie Pixel on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/NixiePixel?feature=g-all-u

Sam Witwer (actor and avid gamer): He played Crashdown on Battlestar Galactica.  He is the actor the main character is based on in the videogame Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

Rain Maker

• Minion
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2012, 04:14:32 AM »
Is anyone else familiar with Karl Pilkington, Ricky Gervais' comedic muse/peon? I think if someone made "Karl as a video game hero" and sent it to Ricky, he might just retweet it, along with a link perhaps. He has 3 million followers. It would be brilliant if it actually resembled Karl, but that skill is above my costume creator pay grade. Even if he doesn't retweet it, I'd love to see Super Karl.

Zombie Hustler

• Elite Boss
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2012, 04:23:55 AM »

That's great! Maybe we should hit up the other people who have had dedications to them in the game- George Perez, Sam Raimi, Brian Michael Bendis, etc.

The-Hunter-JLJ

• Bug Hunter
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2012, 04:41:15 AM »
I may have to get this Twitter thing some day... (grin) New fangled stuff anyways....

Zachary

• Underling
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2012, 08:29:08 AM »
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 10:02:47 AM by Zachary »

Riff

• Lieutenant
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2012, 10:32:39 AM »
Bill Willingham @BillWillingham on twitter.

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2012, 11:08:25 AM »
Bill Willingham @BillWillingham on twitter.

So, Bill Willingham made me thing of Travis Willingham who made me think of other famous voice actors.

Has anyone checked to see if Tara Strong might be moved by our plight? It's not something she's invested in personally, but I know that she loves her fans. (And boy, does she have her fans.)
@Vulpy
Protector Server

SithRose

• Plan Z: Lore Lead
  • Elite Boss
  • The Phoenix is coming.
    • Missing Worlds Media - Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2012, 02:58:37 PM »
I mentioned this in the music thread, but has anyone considered contacting Jonathon Coulton? I admit, I have no contacts in the music industry...
Lore Lead for Plan Z: The Phoenix Project
Secretary of Missing Worlds Media, Inc.

Blitzwing

• Lieutenant
  • Boot to the Head!
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2012, 04:49:39 PM »
So, Bill Willingham made me thing of Travis Willingham who made me think of other famous voice actors.

Has anyone checked to see if Tara Strong might be moved by our plight? It's not something she's invested in personally, but I know that she loves her fans. (And boy, does she have her fans.)

I could TOTALLY see Tara Strong getting involved...her Brony fanbase ALONE could move mountains...do eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2012, 05:12:09 PM »
I could TOTALLY see Tara Strong getting involved...her Brony fanbase ALONE could move mountains...do eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

I'm a fan of her work, even if I've somehow managed to avoid that one show that's made her really famous of late. I also like to think that I can write at fair-to-middlin' quality. Before I go fishing on Google like a creeper, does anyone have a good way to contact her directly outside of Twitter? (Brevity is one of the tools of quality writing that eludes me.)
@Vulpy
Protector Server

dwturducken

• Elite Boss
  • Now available in stereo
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2012, 08:06:13 PM »
As I had heard the same - there is actually an amusing story of him fighting the GMs (the rule-enforcing kind because they accused him of stealing the name 'Harry Dresden' for his character and GenericHero-ed him. I so wish that this story is true...

But I digress, I looked up How to contact him and it seems that this only works through his agent. I don't think that I write engaging enough to pass this hurdle, maybe someone with more talent might give it a try?

Apropos talent, no selling yourself short, Mer ... OMG, I just told off MERCEDES LACKEY....  *staggers off to hyperventilate a bit in quiet*

Zos

That's OK.  I'm a grammar/spelling troll at heart.  You have no idea how difficult it is for me not to correct her one, singular typo on the boards... <shotofwhiskey>
I wouldn't use the word "replace," but there's no word for "take over for you and make everything better almost immediately," so we just say "replace."

Copper Cockroach

• Boss
  • Phoenix Project: 2D Art Lead
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2012, 08:26:28 PM »
Is anyone else familiar with Karl Pilkington, Ricky Gervais' comedic muse/peon? I think if someone made "Karl as a video game hero" and sent it to Ricky, he might just retweet it, along with a link perhaps. He has 3 million followers. It would be brilliant if it actually resembled Karl, but that skill is above my costume creator pay grade. Even if he doesn't retweet it, I'd love to see Super Karl.

The thought of Karl Pilkington in a costume, fighting crime in the streets, made me laugh so hard I blew milk out my nose... and I'm not even drinking milk right now!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2012, 08:29:55 PM »
I'm a fan of her work, even if I've somehow managed to avoid that one show that's made her really famous of late. I also like to think that I can write at fair-to-middlin' quality. Before I go fishing on Google like a creeper, does anyone have a good way to contact her directly outside of Twitter? (Brevity is one of the tools of quality writing that eludes me.)
Facebook and Myspace appear to be viable options:  http://www.tarastrong.com/
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Vulpy

• Elite Boss
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2012, 08:30:49 PM »
Facebook and Myspace appear to be viable options:  http://www.tarastrong.com/

Yeeeaaah... But I'm one of those. I saw the site, but I didn't see anything like a direct e-mail.
@Vulpy
Protector Server