Author Topic: DC's Legends of Tomorrow season 2  (Read 14956 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: DC's Legends of Tomorrow season 2
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 08:38:10 AM »
Legion of Doom

I have to agree with the "we're not calling them that" comment in the show.  There's only three of them.  They're hardly legion.  I propose Doom Stooges.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2017, 02:49:54 PM »
I have to agree with the "we're not calling them that" comment in the show.  There's only three of them.  They're hardly legion.  I propose Doom Stooges.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2017, 08:11:59 AM »
Does it seem like the writers and the network had a completely different production schedule? The star wars and holiday episodes would have made a lot more sense in december.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2017, 07:48:01 AM »
Does it seem like the writers and the network had a completely different production schedule? The star wars and holiday episodes would have made a lot more sense in december.

They travel in time. Does it really matter when they celebrate a holiday?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2017, 08:02:30 AM »
not sure if serious.

Oh but also that episode would have fit better in December so when Arrow repeated the same "I'm not doing this to save them, I'm doing it to save you" schlock it would have at least not been the very next day.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2017, 12:40:06 PM »
not sure if serious.

Oh but also that episode would have fit better in December so when Arrow repeated the same "I'm not doing this to save them, I'm doing it to save you" schlock it would have at least not been the very next day.

I was kind of serious. Sure, production wise they should have had a Christmas episode near Christmas, but in the context of the show, they can celebrate anything, anytime they want in a time machine.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2017, 07:54:03 PM »
well yeah, but my original comment was specific to production

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2017, 10:46:33 AM »
The cosmic staff is cool and all but if you really want to be top wizard in 500ad you have to get a crimping iron to work without electricity.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2017, 02:32:06 PM »
The cosmic staff is cool and all but if you really want to be top wizard in 500ad you have to get a crimping iron to work without electricity.

Like, say, by powering it with the aforementioned staff?

Man, that feeble clash of knights was rather underwhelming.

Also: Sara Lance-a-lot... there's not a dramatic enough eyeroll for that one.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2017, 02:46:20 PM »

Also: Sara Lance-a-lot... there's not a dramatic enough eyeroll for that one.

Made all the worse by knowing it was coming from the moment Guinevere showed up. Though seeing as Galahad is Lancelot's son I'm interested to see how they're gonna work that one out.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2017, 02:57:20 PM »
Not for nothing - but for people with super powers, they really don't use them much.

And smart move leaving Rip alone on his ship, where Gideon responds to his voice commands.

I thought they would at least slap him in the medical bay and try to get Gideon to reverse what Thawne did to him.

Did Star Girl created this Camelot using her part of the spear, or the whole thing before they split it up? Because if it was just the one part, then surely even a piece can alter reality.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2017, 08:43:53 PM »
I'm completely tired of Sara's being Captain Jane T. Kirk, with a girl in every port.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2017, 09:25:50 PM »
It's kinda odd that Mick continues to be a voice of wisdom.

And I'm not sure I noticed before that the time ship console bears similarities to a TARDIS console, but for some reason I was suddenly struck by it this episode.  Probably just senility creeping up, though.

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2017, 06:41:49 PM »
Really liked the "Evil me and evil Ray and evil Mick, well I guess that's just regular Mick" line

e-
You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2017, 09:50:11 PM »
Really liked the "Evil me and evil Ray and evil Mick, well I guess that's just regular Mick" line

e-

Mick is certainly my favorite guy so far. Vixen is my girl.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2017, 07:29:55 PM »
Professor Stein Beetlejuice-ing it up at Mission Control was one of the most awkward moments I've witnessed on television...

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2017, 10:09:42 PM »
Professor Stein Beetlejuice-ing it up at Mission Control was one of the most awkward moments I've witnessed on television...

A genius, physics professor with a high IQ I am sure, and you say 'create a distraction', and that's all he can think of. LOL.

I was really waiting to hear Mick speak in a British accent.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2017, 11:12:24 PM »
I wonder about some of the writers on this show. I mean, this long after the Invasion crossover, I'm still amazed that they made the government sniper so inept as to announce his presence by firing his first shot at Ray - the only target IN ARMOR. The Flash could be on him before the second bullet even chambers, and the sniper doesn't take him down first? Were the heroes' powers need-to-know, and the government agents didn't need to know?
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2017, 12:20:05 AM »
A genius, physics professor with a high IQ I am sure, and you say 'create a distraction', and that's all he can think of. LOL.

He could have entertained the NASA people with an explanation of why exactly superspeed wouldn't work in low g. Though I guess 'because Ray said so' wouldn't really distract them for long.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2017, 02:31:42 AM »
"Because Thawne didn't want to attract the Time Wraith when he was trapped in a module, but was also trying to hide his true problem" would've invited all sorts of distracting questions, however.