Author Topic: Flash Season 3  (Read 65394 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Flash Season 3
« Reply #200 on: March 31, 2017, 10:46:54 AM »
It might explain why so many future people hate him.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #201 on: March 31, 2017, 01:00:28 PM »
Not from the perspective of his present.

Well its happened, but it hasn't happened, yet.
But to those people that live there - he would be wiping them from existence and creating a new timeline.
Isn't that what caused this mess in the first place?

Like I said he really never learns, no wonder all the villains in the future hate him.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #202 on: April 07, 2017, 07:46:41 AM »
Cisco's responsible for what went wrong in the stinger, you know. Julian told him to grab the oxygen. But instead, Cisco was using an Ambu bag (trademarked name), generically known as a bag-valve mask or a manual resuscitator, which only provides what oxygen is in the atmosphere. Of course, Julian shares in the responsibility, as he didn't correct Cisco's mistake.

And I'm not sure that I trust H.R.'s explanation for his two-day absence, given that Caitlin started going south after he showed up. Preliminarily, I'm thinking nanites, passed to her when he reached for the gelatin (semi-serious guess).
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #203 on: April 07, 2017, 12:47:32 PM »
Cisco's responsible for what went wrong in the stinger, you know. Julian told him to grab the oxygen. But instead, Cisco was using an Ambu bag (trademarked name), generically known as a bag-valve mask or a manual resuscitator, which only provides what oxygen is in the atmosphere. Of course, Julian shares in the responsibility, as he didn't correct Cisco's mistake.

And I'm not sure that I trust H.R.'s explanation for his two-day absence, given that Caitlin started going south after he showed up. Preliminarily, I'm thinking nanites, passed to her when he reached for the gelatin (semi-serious guess).

Maybe that isn't 'our' HR. They do all look the same.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #204 on: April 07, 2017, 03:13:20 PM »
Maybe that isn't 'our' HR. They do all look the same.

You shouldn't say things like that unless you want a visit from the other HR at Star Labs and a dimensional sensitivity training seminar.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #205 on: April 25, 2017, 06:15:21 PM »
Looks like next season's gonna suck  :(
Yay, Heroes all over again...
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #206 on: April 25, 2017, 07:00:42 PM »
If only it lasts long enough. This show could use some scab writers.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #207 on: April 25, 2017, 08:34:47 PM »
Looks like next season's gonna suck  :(
Yay, Heroes all over again...

I'd be all for the strike if I thought we might get a Horrible sequel.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #208 on: April 25, 2017, 09:56:31 PM »
I never watched Dr. Horrible... it's too much of a Dr. Steel rip-off for my liking.
Refuse to watch Ted too, for similar reasons.
I'm bad and that's good.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #209 on: April 26, 2017, 02:26:00 AM »
I never watched Dr. Horrible... it's too much of a Dr. Steel rip-off for my liking.

First I've heard of Dr. Steel.  He looks more like a Dr. Wily ripoff.  Of course, one mad scientist pastiche is bound to resemble others.  I'll look up his music later when I have more time and make a reasoned judgment, but I suspect that the resemblance will ultimately be superficial.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #210 on: April 26, 2017, 03:35:32 AM »
Anyway, about the latest one.

Obviously this ends up being an alternate future because if it was the same future, then Barry in 2024 would know all of this was going to happen, since he would have been the same Barry that came from 2017 - and we know next episode Barry finds out who Savitar is, but the Barry in 2024 doesn't know.

And they were all in the lab when Barry goes to 2014 so they should have been ready for him or at least expected the 2017 Barry to show up.

Plus getting that info on the speed force trap years earlier means a huge paradox because if they can use that to trap Savitar in 2017, then it wouldn't have needed to be invented in 2020 or whatever, since Savitar was defeated in 2017.

So once again Barry messes up a timeline. Some people just never learn.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #211 on: April 26, 2017, 07:02:35 AM »
I like how they teased us with the first minute or so in the future where it seemed like it might be a halfway cool episode then just went right back to their usual garbage.

It's also good to know that the emo haircut will still be the universal sign of depressed hero in 2024.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #212 on: April 26, 2017, 01:18:42 PM »
Since I have not watched the episode yet, I cannot comment on it specifically, but I feel like the trope of "Who's under the mask" has been done too much on the Flash.  It's been three seasons in a row. 

S1 with Wells was probably the best, as they gave broad hints from episode 1 and confirmed it by episode 9 (early December).  The audience was in on the cat and mouse from almost the get-go via hints in earlier episodes.  This was the best season and they revealed the villain the earliest.

S2 had the "Jay Garrick" swerve revealed in episode 16 (late march) which was ~3 months later in the season.  They spent way too much time trying to figure out who it was.  Compare to S1 where the audience knew who it was, but the characters didn't.  That was a lot more suspenseful and interesting seeing the characters interact with the bad guy without realizing it.

S3 has Savitar (yet another speedster?) and should be revealed next episode (20, beginning of May) which is 6 weeks later than last season.  They're telegraphing that it's Barry, but wouldn't it have been much more interesting to have Barry fighting himself all season, even if it was just the audience who knew that?

Time for something new.  I'm getting tired of "Who's under the mask" and "Our main villain is a speedster".  For example: Snart and Heat Wave were fantastic villains.  No superspeed and no secret ids.

This isn't to say that there shouldn't be evil speedsters; there should be because it's the flash.  Just mix it up.  Don't make them the big villain for the season.  Don't do the secret id thing.  There are still lots of interesting stories to tell.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #213 on: April 26, 2017, 01:50:07 PM »
Since I have not watched the episode yet, I cannot comment on it specifically, but I feel like the trope of "Who's under the mask" has been done too much on the Flash.  It's been three seasons in a row. 

S1 with Wells was probably the best, as they gave broad hints from episode 1 and confirmed it by episode 9 (early December).  The audience was in on the cat and mouse from almost the get-go via hints in earlier episodes.  This was the best season and they revealed the villain the earliest.

S2 had the "Jay Garrick" swerve revealed in episode 16 (late march) which was ~3 months later in the season.  They spent way too much time trying to figure out who it was.  Compare to S1 where the audience knew who it was, but the characters didn't.  That was a lot more suspenseful and interesting seeing the characters interact with the bad guy without realizing it.

S3 has Savitar (yet another speedster?) and should be revealed next episode (20, beginning of May) which is 6 weeks later than last season.  They're telegraphing that it's Barry, but wouldn't it have been much more interesting to have Barry fighting himself all season, even if it was just the audience who knew that?

Time for something new.  I'm getting tired of "Who's under the mask" and "Our main villain is a speedster".  For example: Snart and Heat Wave were fantastic villains.  No superspeed and no secret ids.

This isn't to say that there shouldn't be evil speedsters; there should be because it's the flash.  Just mix it up.  Don't make them the big villain for the season.  Don't do the secret id thing.  There are still lots of interesting stories to tell.

I like that under that suit Savitar wears dress shoes and slacks.

Gotta be some one Calityn would trust - so maybe future, future Barry. Not 2024 since he didn't know.

Or a Wells. Or Julian for that matter.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 02:32:55 PM by doc7924 »

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #214 on: April 26, 2017, 02:28:47 PM »
Gotta be some one Calityn would trust - so maybe future, future Barry. Not 2024 since he didn't know.

Or a Wells. Or Julian for that matter.

or a Ronnie
You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #215 on: April 26, 2017, 02:37:02 PM »
or a Ronnie

She says Barry would be shocked when he finds out. I doubt Ronnie would qualify.

Has to be someone both Barry and Caitlyn know very well from their group.

My list is

Future Barry
Jay
Hunter - though maybe not since he became the Black Flash
Future Wally

Assuming the person already had super speed before becoming Savitar, otherwise it could be anyone from the group really.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #216 on: April 26, 2017, 02:55:33 PM »
She says Barry would be shocked when he finds out. I doubt Ronnie would qualify.

My list is

Future Barry
Jay
Hunter - though maybe not since he became the Black Flash
Future Wally

Assuming the person already had super speed before becoming Savitar, otherwise it could be anyone from the group really.

Good Grief, its....STAN LEE!
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #217 on: April 26, 2017, 03:50:45 PM »

My thought was just who is the only person she would trust implicitly enough to immediately join, as Caitlyn or Frost.  Even Killer Frost of Earth 2 loved Ronnie enough she was willing to change sides when Zoom killed him.

Barry was responsible for the paradox event Ronnie disappeared into.  He's never reappeared so there's the possibility he was pulled into the speed force.

e-

You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #218 on: April 26, 2017, 07:35:53 PM »
After watching this, I'm now fairly sure it's
Spoiler for Hidden:
Eddie Thawne/Cobalt Blue... who btw. was wearing dress shoes and slacks when we last saw him.
Also his actor teased that he would return to The Flash.
It just makes so much sense if you think about it :roll:

Although I admit it's a bit of wishful thinking on my part, since Barry trying to prevent him from becoming Savitar (in the future) could mean the return of
Spoiler for Hidden:
Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash.

I'm bad and that's good.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #219 on: April 26, 2017, 11:09:39 PM »
After watching this, I'm now fairly sure it's
Spoiler for Hidden:
Eddie Thawne/Cobalt Blue... who btw. was wearing dress shoes and slacks when we last saw him.
Also his actor teased that he would return to The Flash.
It just makes so much sense if you think about it :roll:

Although I admit it's a bit of wishful thinking on my part, since Barry trying to prevent him from becoming Savitar (in the future) could mean the return of
Spoiler for Hidden:
Eobard Thawne/Reverse Flash.

But did Caitlyn know Eddie well enough to trust him just like that?

Also why would he kill Iris?