Author Topic: Flash Season 3  (Read 64601 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: Flash Season 3
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2016, 09:26:08 PM »
I wouldn't rule it out since they are planning a 4 show crossover event this year.  At the very least I expect Flashpoint to be what transfers Supergirl and Metropolis to the CW verse.

Not sure how they will get Supergirl's universe to merge though. In the comics at the end of Flashpoint, you had that cosmic lady put the three universes together for the new DCU.

Unless they do something cosmic here with the Speed Force or something.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2016, 03:10:39 PM »
Knowing their track record so far, I'd say it will be thanks to the Legends screwing something up :P
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2016, 03:21:37 PM »
Knowing their track record so far, I'd say it will be thanks to the Legends screwing something up :P

Well if anyone else should know something is up with the timeline - it would have to be Hunter. 

His motto seems to be "If ain't broke, let's break it!"

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2016, 02:21:32 AM »
Just a heads up for anybody who is used to watching the show on Hulu.  I haven't watched Hulu much lately because most the shows I watch are on hiatus so I was surprised when I noticed that all the CW shows have actually vanished.  The CW decided to do their own streaming app that is add supported (so much for my upgrading to commercial free Hulu) and it's available on Roku and other devices. 

Unfortunately it looks like there is absolutely no way to tag or favorite different shows so new episodes won't show up in a personalized feed like Hulu has.  That means searching through the app each week to find your favorites instead of having them pre selected and highlighted.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2016, 02:57:29 AM »
Yeah, one of the reasons I got Hulu was to watch CW shows because CW's app at the time didn't actually let me watch episodes.  On the plus side, I'm getting to watch the Constantine series now.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2016, 09:23:52 PM »
Just a heads up for anybody who is used to watching the show on Hulu.  I haven't watched Hulu much lately because most the shows I watch are on hiatus so I was surprised when I noticed that all the CW shows have actually vanished.  The CW decided to do their own streaming app that is add supported (so much for my upgrading to commercial free Hulu) and it's available on Roku and other devices. 

Unfortunately it looks like there is absolutely no way to tag or favorite different shows so new episodes won't show up in a personalized feed like Hulu has.  That means searching through the app each week to find your favorites instead of having them pre selected and highlighted.

I feel old. I actually watch this show on something called a "television".

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2016, 09:48:32 PM »
My Roku is connected to something called a "television".

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2016, 10:01:21 PM »
And my XBOne is connected to my TV.  I don't pay for cable TV or a DVR, and my hours mean I pretty much have to watch things at my convenience instead of on a broadcast schedule.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2016, 06:09:24 AM »
I would like to drop cable entirely, but my girlfriend still enjoys doing this 20th century thing called "channel surfing."

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2016, 02:46:53 PM »
I would like to drop cable entirely, but my girlfriend still enjoys doing this 20th century thing called "channel surfing."

Man that is SO 2014................

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2016, 03:44:33 PM »
Man that is SO 2014................

It was retro in 2014...

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2016, 12:54:36 AM »

Show surfing can be just as addictive.  Particularly when you are flipping through and start seeing movies and series that you haven't seen since you were a kid.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2016, 12:51:08 AM »
Two things I loved about the series opener - Julio is finally back baby!

And Barry and Iris's teacher was in high school was Mr. Hinkley! I wonder how many younger people would get that joke.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2016, 04:17:19 AM »
I'm quite glad that Flashpoint was just a single episode...
and Yay,
Spoiler for Hidden:
the Reverse Flash isn't dead ;D

But their time travel logic got even wonkier :roll:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 02:50:46 PM by Nos482 »
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2016, 04:41:15 AM »
Two things I loved about the series opener - Julio is finally back baby!

And Barry and Iris's teacher was in high school was Mr. Hinkley! I wonder how many younger people would get that joke.

Curly hair, red jammies?
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2016, 09:19:41 PM »
I'm quite glad that Flashpoint was just a single episode...
and Yay,
Spoiler for Hidden:
the Reverse Flash isn't dead ;D

But their time travel logic got even wonkier :roll:

Actually I'm disappointed that Flashpoint was just one episode because last season it introduced Wally West and was looking forward to see Kid Flash this season. I think it was a waste of time just to put him in one freaking episode. I'm also surprised that Flash and Reverse Flash went back in time to fix it sort of..... in one episode. It felt exhausting after watching it.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2016, 09:41:13 PM »
I'd be happy if we never saw that Kid Flash again, but I have a feeling we will.

Flashpoint being a quick throwaway episode to excuse some thus far questionable changes is kinda annoying.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2016, 10:43:30 PM »
I'd be happy if we never saw that Kid Flash again, but I have a feeling we will.

Flashpoint being a quick throwaway episode to excuse some thus far questionable changes is kinda annoying.

They sort of set it up already when Wally and Jesse got blasted with the Speed Force last season.

It didn't seem there was a particle accelerator explosion this time. Wally got his powers sort of like the Flash in the comics - lightening and chemicals.
But how did the Rival get his super speed?

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2016, 04:02:12 AM »
In the new timeline, I'm guessing it will have something to do with Doctor Alchemy, what with the voice and the message on the mirror...

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2016, 01:25:51 PM »
I liked the first episode.

I love the Reverse Flash. "The Flash I know, in the future, isn't this stupid."

Their time travel makes no goddamned sense.