Author Topic: Flash Season 3  (Read 64640 times)

CG

• Elite Boss
Re: Flash Season 3
« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2016, 08:53:46 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Keeping in mind that the time wraiths hunt down speedsters that screw with timelines, it's likely that they are servants of Savitar.  Savitar is probably very, very unhappy that Barry keeps changing the past and has come to put a stop to it.
Spoiler for Hidden:
If that were the case, why not just send them after Barry outright?  Even Thawne was afraid of the time wraiths. 

As per the comics where there was a point that Savitar was trapped in the speed force, I think that's the angle they're pulling from as inspiration.   Savitar even mentioned something about getting free to Julian.
Nice to see some of HR's lateral thinking coming in helpful.  Still waiting to see if his knowledge of the name Savitar is a red herring or not (I suspect it is - do they even have the same religions 19 dimensions away?).

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2016, 09:07:34 PM »
When I saw that this was the episode Kevin Smith was directing, I was expecting to see a Jay Mewes cameo again.  Instead we got a Greg Grunberg surprise.  Awesome.  (Though I kept looking for J J Abrams to walk by the background somewhere.)

At least he didn't stick his daughter in it.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2016, 06:48:41 PM »
When I saw that this was the episode Kevin Smith was directing, I was expecting to see a Jay Mewes cameo again.  Instead we got a Greg Grunberg surprise.  Awesome.  (Though I kept looking for J J Abrams to walk by the background somewhere.)

... And we got a Frozen Easter egg, too.

So Parkman is a douche no mater what show he is on!

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2016, 06:57:30 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
If that were the case, why not just send them after Barry outright?  Even Thawne was afraid of the time wraiths. 

As per the comics where there was a point that Savitar was trapped in the speed force, I think that's the angle they're pulling from as inspiration.   Savitar even mentioned something about getting free to Julian.
Nice to see some of HR's lateral thinking coming in helpful.  Still waiting to see if his knowledge of the name Savitar is a red herring or not (I suspect it is - do they even have the same religions 19 dimensions away?).

He is sort of the Savitar from the comics, but a lot cooler looking.

I wonder if he has any relation to Zoom?

What I don't get is if he is that fast - he still doesn't know who Flash is? Jay (Hunter) figured it out his first 5 minutes on Earth 1.
And if he knows - then just attack him at Star Labs, his home, or his job. And he never bothered to tell Alchemy?

These evil speedsters don't use their speed very well sometimes.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2016, 08:02:53 PM »
He is sort of the Savitar from the comics, but a lot cooler looking.

I wonder if he has any relation to Zoom?

What I don't get is if he is that fast - he still doesn't know who Flash is? Jay (Hunter) figured it out his first 5 minutes on Earth 1.
And if he knows - then just attack him at Star Labs, his home, or his job. And he never bothered to tell Alchemy?

These evil speedsters don't use their speed very well sometimes.
Spoiler for Hidden:
As Savitar said, he's currently stuck/trapped in the Speed Force and needs Barry to get free.  I think he does know who Barry is and doesn't want him to die. Alchemy is part of his plan to get out, but he doesn't want Alchemy going off and killing Barry, so that's Need To Know.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2016, 12:59:01 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
As Savitar said, he's currently stuck/trapped in the Speed Force and needs Barry to get free.  I think he does know who Barry is and doesn't want him to die. Alchemy is part of his plan to get out, but he doesn't want Alchemy going off and killing Barry, so that's Need To Know.

If he is trapped, maybe we aren't seeing the real him, just a interface form. So he could be another speedster we have already seen, trapped. Maybe Hunter?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2016, 12:07:02 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
"gone faster than humor in a Liam Neeson movie"
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2016, 06:59:01 AM »
Prediction:  Savitar turns out to be future Barry.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2016, 02:47:16 PM »
Prediction:  Savitar turns out to be future Barry.

That's the only twist we haven't seen yet. I like it.

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2016, 10:34:42 AM »
So Savitar is trapped in the Speed Force...
Spoiler for Hidden:
...and they threw the key to his freedom right into it?
>.<
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2016, 02:22:45 PM »
So Savitar is trapped in the Speed Force...
Spoiler for Hidden:
...and they threw the key to his freedom right into it?
>.<

That's our Barry. Everyone's stooge.
Spoiler for Hidden:
I will kick someone if it turns out Jay is working for Savitar as well. Wasn't it his idea the throw the thing into the Speed Force?

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2016, 11:47:55 PM »
Since the Arrowverse doesn't ignore the passage of time during a hiatus, Wally should be sufficiently up to speed (pun intended) when the show returns in seven weeks.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2016, 02:07:55 PM »
Something about the phrasing that Jay used when he brought Barry back from the Future has been bugging me.  He said: "You weren't supposed to see that" as opposed to something more generic like "You're not supposed to see the future".

The way he said it and the words he used implied to me that Jay knew what was coming.  That doesn't make any sense however, since Jay doesn't spend a lot of time on Earth 1 and why would he be going to the future on another earth?  Maybe he knows Savitar's M.O.?  He did suggest they throw the box containing Savitar into the Speed Force, so I hope he's not a double agent.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into a poor turn of phrase...

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2016, 03:48:58 PM »
Something about the phrasing that Jay used when he brought Barry back from the Future has been bugging me.  He said: "You weren't supposed to see that" as opposed to something more generic like "You're not supposed to see the future".

The way he said it and the words he used implied to me that Jay knew what was coming.  That doesn't make any sense however, since Jay doesn't spend a lot of time on Earth 1 and why would he be going to the future on another earth?  Maybe he knows Savitar's M.O.?  He did suggest they throw the box containing Savitar into the Speed Force, so I hope he's not a double agent.

Maybe I'm just reading too much into a poor turn of phrase...

I also think Jay has something to do with Savitar. They already fooled us with the RF being Wells the first season and Hunter pretending the be Jay in the second. The standard pattern would be Jay turns out to be Savitar. And he did have the idea of throwing the one think they had on Savitar into the Speed Force where he is trapped.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2017, 06:37:57 PM »
When Jay tried to escape Savitar, and Savitar caught him and threw him back against the wall, my mind had Savitar quoting the Cat's comment from an early Red Dwarf episode, when he was playing with his food: "Too slow, chicken marengo!"

It's really worrying to realize that, what Barry and Jay are to us normals, Savitar is to Barry and Jay. :/
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2017, 03:51:23 AM »
For a guy with super speed and who can even travel through time running faster then light, he sure gets shot a lot.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #96 on: January 25, 2017, 05:17:01 AM »
For a guy with super speed and who can even travel through time running faster then light, he sure gets shot a lot.

Not quite as often as Superman runs into Kryptonite.  The true arch-nemesis of all superheroes is Deus ex Machina.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #97 on: January 25, 2017, 02:48:36 PM »
So The Flash is going to be like Heroes and try to save/change the future from actually happening.  ;D

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #98 on: January 25, 2017, 03:17:12 PM »
So The Flash is going to be like Heroes and try to save/change the future from actually happening.  ;D

He never learns. Isn't this more or less how he got in this mess in the first place?
My biggest problem is Legends - they f**k up history on a daily basis and nothing ever seems to change. But Barry changes one thing in the past and totally screws up everything that even the Dominators take notice.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #99 on: January 25, 2017, 05:33:33 PM »
He never learns. Isn't this more or less how he got in this mess in the first place?
My biggest problem is Legends - they f**k up history on a daily basis and nothing ever seems to change. But Barry changes one thing in the past and totally screws up everything that even the Dominators take notice.

That's a really good point.