Author Topic: rebuild COH  (Read 26287 times)

Sakura Tenshi

• Minion
Re: rebuild COH
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2018, 04:38:33 AM »
While I think in general, Paragon Studios was wonderful in so many ways and made the game great I think they people had their flaws too.  I have a feeling that they got bored of the world they created and felt the overwhelming need to change things up: like Statesman, Sister Psych, and Galaxy City.  And those 3 things, I felt, were going too far.   

Gonna be honest, I'd probably still kill off statesman or at least move him out of the spotlight, but I'd want to roll things back so we got more chance to know the guy better, and make it hurt that much more when he finally kicks it. I'd try to make it so he doesn't die walking into an obvious trap. Actually, I'd probably even let him live and just be depowered by Darrin Wade, from then on Statesman tries to lead as a normal human using his old soldiering skills. And ultimately dying facing down Incarnate Empowered Praetorians in a badass last stand worthy of Cu Chulainn and successfully hold the line.

Also probably change his powersets (along with those of other key NPCs) to something like a shield defense (because of his idealizing of the Greek Phalanxes, and for the 'oh, crap!' player villains might feel when Statesman shield charges into the party and starts tearing into folks) and Willpower (differentiating him from his invul focused counterparts and showing Statesman's maintained on the side of good despite countless temptations through a strength of will), and throw on some more electrical powers stronger zeus connections.

Uh, that said, I understand why Paragon Studios wanted change things up, some things they did right, others could have been better.

I mean I would have loved for Galaxy city to have been revamped into Art Googie style, but that wasn't gonna be practical.

Doc Artz

• Lieutenant
  • Infinity, SG leader of The Moon Dragons
    • Behance
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2018, 12:51:36 AM »
Doc Artz

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2018, 04:55:36 AM »
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 05:16:52 AM by Tahquitz »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Doc Artz

• Lieutenant
  • Infinity, SG leader of The Moon Dragons
    • Behance
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2018, 12:19:06 AM »
Doc Artz

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2018, 06:13:39 PM »
I don't think the Carbine sitch is anything like the CoH sitch.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!