Author Topic: Gotham Season 2  (Read 23503 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Gotham Season 2
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2016, 10:36:56 AM »
I was expecting the leader of the Mutants to be pasty.  But he was pastry, which is close enough.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2016, 06:58:00 AM »
Riddler stuff was fun.

Spoiler for Hidden:
So the trial lasted 4 weeks and the arrest, arraignment, indictment, pre-trial motions, discovery, depositions, jury selection etc. all lasted what, 5 minutes? Do they think their viewers are idiots? High profile murder case the kid would probably be out of diapers before that went to trial. Even if Gordon invoked his right to a speedy trial (which why would he given that Harvey's trying to prove him innocent) you gotta figure the docket in a huge city isn't going to magically be empty. It certainly couldn't all happen within a span where they don't even have to change the amount of face fattening they did to Doc Thompkins.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2016, 07:40:38 AM »
Riddler stuff was fun.

Spoiler for Hidden:
So the trial lasted 4 weeks and the arrest, arraignment, indictment, pre-trial motions, discovery, depositions, jury selection etc. all lasted what, 5 minutes? Do they think their viewers are idiots? High profile murder case the kid would probably be out of diapers before that went to trial. Even if Gordon invoked his right to a speedy trial (which why would he given that Harvey's trying to prove him innocent) you gotta figure the docket in a huge city isn't going to magically be empty. It certainly couldn't all happen within a span where they don't even have to change the amount of face fattening they did to Doc Thompkins.

Eh, suspension of disbelief. And aye, the Riddler stuff was quite fun
Spoiler for Hidden:
(though Gordon's sudden epiphany at the art gallery that some random suspect was sending riddle clues was where my suspension of disbelief was stretched)

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2016, 07:47:27 AM »
Shouldn't abuse that though. Daredevil had a similar situation but at least made the attempt to make it believable.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2016, 09:38:59 PM »
Didn't give the timeline any thought at all.  I was too busy being annoyed by pretty much everything Jim Gordon related.

Although I did get distracted trying to figure out what was really going on with Papa Pee-Wee and family.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2016, 10:25:18 PM »
I'm just giddy that they cast Rubens as Penguin's dad.  I've always thought he played the part perfectly in Batman Returns.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2016, 10:19:59 PM »
The only good thing that could possibly come from this frame up and Jim's subsequent hiding out in Gotham City is if he finally gets around to growing that moustache.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2016, 10:28:40 PM »
You know... I just have to say ...

Spoiler for Hidden:
After everything that Jim Gordon has done, is he still a good cop? Perhaps the point of Gotham is to show why he can't clean up Gotham without the Batman. His hands are too dirty.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2016, 04:13:35 PM »
You know... I just have to say ...

Spoiler for Hidden:
After everything that Jim Gordon has done, is he still a good cop? Perhaps the point of Gotham is to show why he can't clean up Gotham without the Batman. His hands are too dirty.

I think the whole point is
Spoiler for Hidden:
to show why a police commissioner would not only tolerate but encourage vigilante activities instead of putting out an arrest warrant and forming a task force to capture Batman.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2016, 06:26:28 PM »
Episode was titled "Into the Woods"... and now I'm wondering if the little bit Ed sang while dragging Jim was from that musical.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2016, 12:27:22 AM »
Episode was titled "Into the Woods"... and now I'm wondering if the little bit Ed sang while dragging Jim was from that musical.

Pretty sure it was just a later verse of 'over the river and through the woods' than the one everyone knows, with Ed's own adjustments. Though that's not to say it's not in a musical.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2016, 08:41:26 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Ugh, was really hoping Galavan's name being Dumas and him being in a secret order were just nerd winks.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2016, 12:31:33 PM »
Garg... I mean Galavan was just looking for his cat.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2016, 01:29:45 AM »
Oh, Gotham. You so crazy...

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2016, 04:37:00 PM »
What I like is this creates the potential to bring back Jerome.  He really would make a great Joker.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2016, 01:16:49 AM »
Oh, Gotham.

You're so crazy. Don't ever change.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2016, 06:51:04 PM »
Y'know, looking back I seem to recall Alfred mentioning that Thomas Wayne specified that Bruce shouldn't see any psychiatrists. At the time I thought it was a weird order, but now that it's apparent Thomas Wayne knew of Strange's evil experiments, it kinda' makes sense he wouldn't want Bruce anywhere near Strange or his colleagues.

Also, Penguin really ought to clean up the place, those unwashed dishes are accumulating bacteria!

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2016, 09:11:47 PM »
Bacterial minions, you mean...

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2016, 01:02:39 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
That scene with Butch and the rocket launcher was my favorite this season, had me LMAO.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2016, 01:45:40 AM »
Biggest thing I noticed is that it looks like Penguin had some dental work done while he was either rich or in Arkham.