Author Topic: Gotham Season 2  (Read 23317 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Gotham Season 2
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2015, 07:28:22 AM »
"What's your favorite animal?"

"Owls."

I have a feeling he'll change his tune in about 20 years.

Gotham turning out to be set on Earth 3 would be the surprise ending to beat all surprise endings. OK maybe runner up to autistic kid's snowglobe, but still.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2015, 08:46:34 AM »
I thought, perhaps, that they were foreshadowing the Court of Owls...
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2015, 10:44:22 AM »
Probably, but the owlman ending would be kind of awesome.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2015, 11:19:43 AM »
Probably, but the owlman ending would be kind of awesome.

...and absolutely confuse anyone who isn't familiar with the comic books.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2015, 11:35:33 AM »
Yeah, though they've had owlman etc. in the justice league cartoons and one of the animated movies. I'd never read a dc comic in my life before last year and I certainly knew about them. Besides, not like they'd ever actually do that. Though if they keep it up with Gordon's character the way they have been a lot of folks might be wishing it was an alternate earth where there are only villains (and lex).

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2015, 05:15:40 PM »
I thought, perhaps, that they were foreshadowing the Court of Owls...

That's what I was thinking.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2015, 01:06:49 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Anyone else find it hard to believe that Bruce didn't pull the "I don't want to die a virgin" move when he and Silver get left unattended for hours?

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2015, 01:18:55 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Anyone else find it hard to believe that Bruce didn't pull the "I don't want to die a virgin" move when he and Silver get left unattended for hours?

Spoiler for Hidden:
He's holding out for Cat. :D

Seriously ...

Spoiler for Hidden:
He's 14 years old. And not exactly normal. I don't think he was normal BEFORE his parents died, probably.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2016, 03:34:46 PM »
I liked seeing Mr. Freeze in "costume", but that name pronunciation...
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2016, 09:21:36 PM »
I liked seeing Mr. Freeze in "costume", but that name pronunciation...

He was decent, though they did manage to suck most of the sympathy out of the character.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2016, 12:27:50 AM »
Y'know, the more I think about it the costume is the only thing I liked about him.

Spoiler for Hidden:
The whole fired by company who kept his research bit made the sick wife story work. Gotham's version takes almost all the sympathetic aspects of the sick wife away and makes him basically a psychopath. So much so that he'll ignore expediency just to kill. Their premise seems to be 'the only reason scientists use mice to test multiple variations of a formula is, y'know, ethics or something.' As opposed to it being a whole hell of a lot easier to acquire and deal with mice. If he's trying to figure out which variation of his formula will allow tissue to reanimate without turning to goo there's no reason not to use mice, if for no other reason than to save the time and effort it takes to get humans and lug them around. Or even because it's less goo to clean up when a version fails. I could see once it works on mice going for human trials but he hadn't even figured out which formula he should be testing on humans yet.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2016, 03:02:07 AM »
Well, so far it's appeared that he *may* have a similar backstory.  I'm betting his was the cryogenic research program that Lucius said was mysteriously shut down.  I'm thinking the reason may have been related to the weaponization, however, and the medical aspect was just a side or personal project.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2016, 03:28:17 AM »
Y'know, the more I think about it the costume is the only thing I liked about him.

Spoiler for Hidden:
The whole fired by company who kept his research bit made the sick wife story work. Gotham's version takes almost all the sympathetic aspects of the sick wife away and makes him basically a psychopath. So much so that he'll ignore expediency just to kill. Their premise seems to be 'the only reason scientists use mice to test multiple variations of a formula is, y'know, ethics or something.' As opposed to it being a whole hell of a lot easier to acquire and deal with mice. If he's trying to figure out which variation of his formula will allow tissue to reanimate without turning to goo there's no reason not to use mice, if for no other reason than to save the time and effort it takes to get humans and lug them around. Or even because it's less goo to clean up when a version fails. I could see once it works on mice going for human trials but he hadn't even figured out which formula he should be testing on humans yet.

You just expressed the one problem I have with Gotham.  Although I like the series they have changed every single Batman villain into a murderous psychopath.  Well, except Selina.  She's just a sociopath.  If they bring on Bookworm as a villain he will probably wind up being somebody who grinds people up and mixes them with wood pulp to turn them into books.  And King Tut will use a hook to pull his victims brains out.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2016, 04:18:31 AM »
If they keep at it they can have Bookworm and Tut team up with Gordon.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2016, 04:45:49 AM »
I mostly don't mind if Batman's villains are made sick and/or ruthless.  Freeze could be an exception if they don't develop his backstory, and my desire for that character to be a sympathetic tragedy has to be rooted in the awesome work they did with him in TAS and Beyond.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2016, 10:17:28 AM »
I swear, the angle made it hard to see, but the shot of Matches Malone in that dossier looked like Anthony Stewart Head to me.

Anyone got an idea who the three-fingered inmate was?  No Mojo-verse in Gotham, obviously...

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2016, 12:50:11 PM »
Anyone got an idea who the three-fingered inmate was?
Wondered that myself.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2016, 02:41:46 PM »
I wonder if they have some plan with Matches that'd leave it so Bats would want to use that as an alias one day or if they're just pulling random names out of the comics like they did with Silver.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2016, 12:44:42 AM »
Caught up with Gotham today.

Spoiler for Hidden:
I'm half-expecting Bruce to kill Matches Malone only to discover he's not the real killer.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2016, 02:44:45 AM »
Alfred Pennyworth may be the worst guardian ever.