Author Topic: Flash Season 2  (Read 78205 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: Flash Season 2
« Reply #260 on: February 25, 2016, 04:52:05 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Despite what they say i'm not ready to discount Planet Jay or the council of cross-time Jays.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Crisis of Infinite Jays.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #261 on: February 25, 2016, 06:11:43 PM »
Whatever the explanation, I can't resist referring to him as Jay-Z.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #262 on: February 25, 2016, 06:49:44 PM »
Whatever the explanation, I can't resist referring to him as Jay-Z.

Did DC ever designate an Earth-Z?  If so, anybody know what it was?

LateNights

• Elite Boss
« Reply #263 on: February 25, 2016, 07:56:29 PM »
Did DC ever designate an Earth-Z?  If so, anybody know what it was?

Sleepy...

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #264 on: March 22, 2016, 10:21:20 PM »
Any bets on whether Barry accidentally finds a way to travel to alternate Earths at the end of this next episode?

Spoiler for Hidden:
Edit:  Nope.  I'm a little surprised, actually.  I figured that was a given with the Supergirl crossover coming on Monday.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 02:51:14 AM by eabrace »
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #265 on: March 23, 2016, 10:24:22 AM »
I think this episode's the first time I actually saw Barry's boots... and damn they're hideous. :o
The rest of his costume looks really cool, why are the boots so ugly?
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #266 on: March 23, 2016, 12:44:21 PM »
Seriously?  You couldn't just open the case to get the helmet?  Had to shatter it all over the place?
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #267 on: March 23, 2016, 01:31:09 PM »
Seriously?  You couldn't just open the case to get the helmet?  Had to shatter it all over the place?

That was to show he was upset.

I am just surprised they figured it out like that. Was expecting a big reveal in person next time they met Zoom.

And it can't be simply 'Jay is Zoom'. We saw that there were two Jay's at the end of that episode. They didn't see that.

I don't think even Zoom is fast enough to be Zoom on E2 and Jay on E1 at the same time.

I think the hint is that girl - she seemed to have two personalities. Maybe Jay was able to split himself?

The good Jay seemed not to know who Zoom was, or at least was a hell of a good actor pretending not to know. But Wells (Thawne) did it in season 1 for a long time so who knows.

Plus the Jay on E1 certainly had no speed, unless he was able to fool the scanners into thinking he was powerless.
But I can't see Zoom pretending to be a nice guy and all helpful just to fool them. There would be easier ways.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #268 on: March 23, 2016, 02:31:03 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Senator Knowles!  Bwa-ha-ha!  I love Earth 2 so much!  I guess it only makes sense that if E1 people with Serious Jobs are entertainers on E2 that the reverse would be true. =)

I'm getting tired of everyone being faster than Barry.  I'm glad that Barry's getting tired of it too. 

So, Jesse got (over)dosed with V9 and then recovered. Will she be joining the ranks of the speedsters in future with a slightly different formula?

Nice touch with V9 causing(?) multiple personality disorders.  I'm sure that will be coming up when they resolve Zoom's history.  Jay's battle with Zoom is probably in his mind.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #269 on: March 23, 2016, 10:50:10 PM »
I think the hint is that girl - she seemed to have two personalities. Maybe Jay was able to split himself?

And maybe that's the source of his cellular degeneration.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #270 on: March 23, 2016, 11:09:44 PM »

Glad I'm not the only one who thought that :)

First thing that popped into my head after he smashes the case was Cisco should be going "Uhm... Barry, the case does have a latch on it...."
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #271 on: March 24, 2016, 04:24:43 AM »
I had the exact same thought about the case and the disco boots. That episode was just all kinds of terrible on top of those things though.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #272 on: March 24, 2016, 04:41:22 AM »
That episode was just all kinds of terrible on top of those things though.

Indeed.  Jumping Springfield Gorge without hilariously bouncing off the rocks on the way down.

Another meaningless Iris romance.

Contrived destruction to callback to the failure at the beginning of the episode.

Apparent disintegration of poorly named female speedster which is either meaningless or will come up later in awful ways.

Soap opera anger issues.

Anti-climactic "reveal".

And they didn't even create a Jesse Quick speedster.  But maybe she'll put her genius to perfecting the speed formula.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #273 on: March 24, 2016, 02:00:20 PM »
Indeed.  Jumping Springfield Gorge without hilariously bouncing off the rocks on the way down.

Another meaningless Iris romance.

Contrived destruction to callback to the failure at the beginning of the episode.

Apparent disintegration of poorly named female speedster which is either meaningless or will come up later in awful ways.

Soap opera anger issues.

Anti-climactic "reveal".

And they didn't even create a Jesse Quick speedster.  But maybe she'll put her genius to perfecting the speed formula.

That character was actually in the comics - same name and everything, just a different origin. She was given super speed by Lex Luthor.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #274 on: March 24, 2016, 02:06:58 PM »

Am I the only one who's disappointed that Jesse isn't the daughter of Johnny Quick and Liberty Belle in this universe?  It'd be cool to have a speedster with invulnerability and super-strength in the DC-TV world.   8)

Ah well.. It's just me.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #275 on: March 24, 2016, 03:56:05 PM »
That character was actually in the comics - same name and everything, just a different origin. She was given super speed by Lex Luthor.

Yes.  She was apparently a member of Infinity Inc. for such a brief period of time that she was one of, IIRC, only two characters on the team who didn't merit their own individual Wikipedia entries.  It sounded an awful lot like they quickly killed off the poorly named character in the comics, too.  I was curious and looked into it while watching the episode.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #276 on: March 24, 2016, 05:41:57 PM »
Am I the only one who's disappointed that Jesse isn't the daughter of Johnny Quick and Liberty Belle in this universe?  It'd be cool to have a speedster with invulnerability and super-strength in the DC-TV world.   8)

Ah well.. It's just me.

Well I thought Velocity was supposed to give speed to people who already had access to the Speed Force or at least the meta gene or whatever they are calling it in the TV Universe. So I was surprised that it worked for the girl scientist, unless she had a trait for becoming a meta human.
And if not then why didn't it give Jesse super speed as well?

The thing is in the Flash comics and DC in general there as many speedsters as there were survivors of Krypton - a lot.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #277 on: March 25, 2016, 03:07:24 AM »
Well I thought Velocity was supposed to give speed to people who already had access to the Speed Force or at least the meta gene or whatever they are calling it in the TV Universe. So I was surprised that it worked for the girl scientist, unless she had a trait for becoming a meta human.
And if not then why didn't it give Jesse super speed as well?

The thing is in the Flash comics and DC in general there as many speedsters as there were survivors of Krypton - a lot.

Actually in the comics Vandal Savage created V9 and it got released on the streets causing many addicts and speedsters who would soon keel over dead.

Meanwhile Jesse is on her way to Opal city home of Starman and Elongated Man and some other golden age heroes.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #278 on: March 25, 2016, 01:47:48 PM »
Actually in the comics Vandal Savage created V9 and it got released on the streets causing many addicts and speedsters who would soon keel over dead.

Meanwhile Jesse is on her way to Opal city home of Starman and Elongated Man and some other golden age heroes.

I was wondering why Opal City sounded familiar. In the first season Wells did name drop Ralph Dibny as being missing or maybe killed. But we all know what that means in comic book land.

And as for Velocity (character) and V9 (drug) I guess they are mish mashing up the stories. Since ass you say V9 was created by Savage but Eliza did get super speed from Luthor, from another drug.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #279 on: March 28, 2016, 02:32:21 PM »
Since Flash and Elongated Man are such great friends in the comics, it'd be great to see him on the show. 

I just hope they could come up with a better costume.  And I wish they could give him a better code-name.  "Elongated Man" just plain sucks...

;D