Author Topic: Heroes Reborn  (Read 34491 times)

hurple

• Elite Boss
Re: Heroes Reborn
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2015, 02:56:40 PM »
Claire isn't dead though.  There was just something in that room suppressing her power.  It was most likely shadow girl.  This is obvious because when Hiro tried to beam himself and Noah out of the room they just faded in and out but weren't able to actually time travel.  I suppose this is one example of the idiot ball so far this series.  The moment they couldn't teleport Noah should have figured out that power suppression was going on and taken Claire out of the room.  I suppose it's possible he did and they just haven't shown it yet.

Claire is "dead" because the actress is one of the major stars of a much bigger TV show right now.  She is not going to leave the money train of "Nashville" to go back to Heroes.  That's just how it is.  There may be, and this is a BIG maybe, a chance to get a brief cameo.  But, if I was the production company that  makes Nashville, there is no way I'd let her do even that...

So, yeah, Claire is dead.  And will stay that way unless this Heroes Reborn lasts longer than Nashville. 

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2015, 04:50:02 PM »
It's funny how Claire was the big lynchpin in the first series, was the one who started the whole world being aware of Evo's at the end of the 4th season, and now, without even being in it, is the whole underlying reason for what is going on.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2015, 02:38:08 AM »
Well, now we know how Claire could have died; unfortunately for her, nothing could have been done. And I finally have an answer to what the deal is with that briefcase full of pennies:

Spoiler for Hidden:
"a penny for your thoughts".

A silly gimmick.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2015, 04:01:15 AM »
Uh, he says that in the first episode, so you're a little late to the picnic. :)
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2015, 04:36:18 AM »
Well, now we know how Claire could have died; unfortunately for her, nothing could have been done. And I finally have an answer to what the deal is with that briefcase full of pennies:
Spoiler for Hidden:
"a penny for your thoughts".
A silly gimmick.

Isn't the exchange rate one penny for ALL your thoughts?
If somebody made me that offer, I would have to give him change back.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2015, 11:14:44 AM »
Isn't the exchange rate one penny for ALL your thoughts?
If somebody made me that offer, I would have to give him change back.
Nah.  I'm a generous tipper.  :)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2015, 04:29:52 PM »
I am glad that I am watching the show.  It is getting good now.  I love all of the time travel stuff and the "stepping on butterflies".  I hope it can keep up the momentum.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2015, 05:52:35 PM »
HOLY COW THAT WAS A GOOD EPISODE LAST NIGHT!!! So Nathan can absorb/siphon people's powers but, can only absorb one power at a time. He absorbed Claire's powers during birth [which explains Claire's death.] Then, he absorbed Hiro's powers while he teleported him back in 1999 to mature faster. [Which also explains how he got the teleporting power.] When Angela said that he's a Petrelli I think he probably got that trait from Peter. I think I know who is the father of the twins: "this is just a theory"

Spoiler for Hidden:
Syler could be the father because in old the show Claire and Syler had a lot in common. Syler liked her and Claire was the only person who helped him redeemed himself at the end of season 4. Angela/Arthur is Claire's grandmother/grandfather which means Peter and Nathan Petrelli are Claire's uncles and Nathan Bennet's great uncle. Hiro the step-father. This is one big superhero family reunion!!! It's like X-Men/Star Wars/City of Heroes combined together!

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2015, 06:08:29 PM »
HOLY COW THAT WAS A GOOD EPISODE LAST NIGHT!!! So Nathan can absorb/siphon people's powers but, can only absorb one power at a time. He absorbed Claire's powers during birth [which explains Claire's death.] Then, he absorbed Hiro's powers while he teleported him back in 1999 to mature faster. [Which also explains how he got the teleporting power.] When Angela said that he's a Petrelli I think he probably got that trait from Peter. I think I know who is the father of the twins: "this is just a theory"

Spoiler for Hidden:
Syler could be the father because in old the show Claire and Syler had a lot in common. Syler liked her and Claire was the only person who helped him redeemed himself at the end of season 4. Angela/Arthur is Claire's grandmother/grandfather which means Peter and Nathan Petrelli are Claire's uncles and Nathan Bennet's great uncle. Hiro the step-father. This is one big superhero family reunion!!! It's like X-Men/Star Wars/City of Heroes combined together!

Its a combination of Peter's new power and Arthur's. Arthur actually took people's powers away and Peter could only hold one power at a time after he regained them from the serum.

It's possible Nathan could time travel also and just doesn't know it.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2015, 12:45:26 AM »
Its a combination of Peter's new power and Arthur's. Arthur actually took people's powers away and Peter could only hold one power at a time after he regained them from the serum.

It's possible Nathan could time travel also and just doesn't know it.

I think he does time travel because didn't Nathan send Noah back to the future?  Or am I mis-remembering?

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2015, 03:06:26 AM »
I think he does time travel because didn't Nathan send Noah back to the future?  Or am I mis-remembering?

Great Scott!

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #91 on: November 09, 2015, 09:43:54 PM »
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2015, 06:29:46 PM »
Was out of town this weekend so just watched this.

Spoiler for Hidden:
So they're super worried that Nathan would absorb his sister's power even though he's not accidentally absorbed any of the dozen+ people he's been around in various episodes (for that matter why aren't they worried he'd absorb them at the pole reversal, leaving them with one set of powers now residing in someone who's not been practicing with them his whole life? it seems like if he's going to accidentally absorb them it'd be better he do it now than at the last minute.)? And this really sets up a weird antinomy: either he can't control the absorption, in which case why hasn't he absorbed others at some point, or he can control it, in which case he's a dick for taking Hiro's and keeping them when he could have absorbed someone else's, like someone who didn't want their powers or a villain's. And he'd have had to have absorbed others and then retaken Hiro's, otherwise they wouldn't know he could only have one at a time.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2015, 08:11:50 PM »
Was out of town this weekend so just watched this.

Spoiler for Hidden:
So they're super worried that Nathan would absorb his sister's power even though he's not accidentally absorbed any of the dozen+ people he's been around in various episodes (for that matter why aren't they worried he'd absorb them at the pole reversal, leaving them with one set of powers now residing in someone who's not been practicing with them his whole life? it seems like if he's going to accidentally absorb them it'd be better he do it now than at the last minute.)? And this really sets up a weird antinomy: either he can't control the absorption, in which case why hasn't he absorbed others at some point, or he can control it, in which case he's a dick for taking Hiro's and keeping them when he could have absorbed someone else's, like someone who didn't want their powers or a villain's. And he'd have had to have absorbed others and then retaken Hiro's, otherwise they wouldn't know he could only have one at a time.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Well to be fair - he absorbed Hiro's power when he was like 2 days old. So I am sure he had no control. As he got older, maybe he was told what power he had and was able to control it. Or he actually has to touch someone like Arthur, unlike Peter who could get powers just be standing there.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2015, 09:01:23 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
so you're firmly on team dick instead of team no control? so why does he have to stay away from the sister?

Oh, and Hiro used the kid's stealing his power as his excuse never to come back to Noah. So why didn't he go back when the kid took someone else's power, which we know he had to because otherwise they wouldn't know he could only take one at a time?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 09:11:16 PM by Vee »

Nos482

• Elite Boss
  • We've gone and done the greatest crime...
    • My PSN profile
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2015, 09:42:52 PM »
Maybe he just got hurt and didn't heal within seconds.
I'm bad and that's good.
I'll never be good and that's not bad.
There's no one I'd rather be than me.

...unless I could be Batman, of course. Everybody wants to be Batman.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2015, 09:44:54 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
so you're firmly on team dick instead of team no control? so why does he have to stay away from the sister?

Oh, and Hiro used the kid's stealing his power as his excuse never to come back to Noah. So why didn't he go back when the kid took someone else's power, which we know he had to because otherwise they wouldn't know he could only take one at a time?

I think that once the kid takes your power it is gone.  kaput.  You never get it back.  So, that means Hiro is no hero no more.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2015, 10:38:41 PM »
Both possibilities. Sister question still though.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2015, 03:27:36 AM »
Wow. Parkman. What a dick.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2015, 01:29:01 PM »
I think that once the kid takes your power it is gone.  kaput.  You never get it back.  So, that means Hiro is no hero no more.

They need baby 'Stop and Go' to restart his power like last time.