Author Topic: Heroes Reborn  (Read 34459 times)

doc7924

• Elite Boss
Re: Heroes Reborn
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2015, 05:22:09 PM »
Yeah, and how did Claire died from the explosion when she CAN'T DIE???????

Claire can certainly die. Her powers only regenerate her body, and come from the brain. They already showed this on the first show.  If she was blown to pieces or her head was separated or her brain damaged enough or destroyed, no regeneration would be possible.
She's not Captain Jack.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2015, 12:40:33 AM »
Just finished watching it (thanks On Demand) and I thought it was a good pilot.

We'll see how things wrap up.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2015, 01:29:15 PM »
Yeah the tokyo thread was just ridiculous, and leads one to think they still haven't settled on a metaphysics of the powers. But given that the original series had what seemed like 15 abandoned explanations, maybe there's still room for improvement.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Oh and the thing that's coming - it's totally Sauron, right?

Spoiler for Hidden:
Looks like a big space cloud?  Could be Galactus.

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2015, 11:34:22 PM »
Was out of town on Thursday, so I just got to watch it late last night. I enjoyed it and I'm reserving strong judgement until we start seeing some of the pieces come together. Like a lot of people, I'm a little hesitant with the gaming storyline, but who knows maybe they'll have something interesting there. But yeah, that seems to be the weakest storyline so far. (Anyone else think that this might be a child of Hiro with someone from the past? And he's her "real" father? I'm kind of feeling it)

I'm not thrilled the Haitian was killed though. I really liked him and what he did.

I think they whole HRG surviving/Claire dying not making sense is all part of his mind wipe and what seems like plot holes may just be what he was made to believe after the wipe. (At least I hope)

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2015, 04:57:25 PM »
I'm not thrilled the Haitian was killed though. I really liked him and what he did.

Me too. :(

I suspect the previous series characters we've seen come to bad ends are actors who couldn't commit to a full new series. Or maybe some of their characters weren't all that popular before.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2015, 08:49:00 PM »
Me too. :(

I suspect the previous series characters we've seen come to bad ends are actors who couldn't commit to a full new series. Or maybe some of their characters weren't all that popular before.

Absolutely.  Claire has moved on to a better place.  Nashville. 

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2015, 09:32:57 PM »
Like a lot of people, I'm a little hesitant with the gaming storyline, but who knows maybe they'll have something interesting there. But yeah, that seems to be the weakest storyline so far.

I don't understand why a lot of people don't like Katana Girl's storyline. To me personally I like it. I don't mind teleporting inside of a video game. Not drawing the sword but, like Sword Art Online stuff if you know what I'm talking about. I would LOVE to be inside City of Heroes!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2015, 10:24:43 PM »
I don't understand why a lot of people don't like Katana Girl's storyline. To me personally I like it. I don't mind teleporting inside of a video game. Not drawing the sword but, like Sword Art Online stuff if you know what I'm talking about. I would LOVE to be inside City of Heroes!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

It's not that I don't like the story, it's just what the hell kind of power is that supposed to be? So you have a kid that can teleport things, people that can fly, people who can read minds, and a girl who can enter a video game (which evidently maps up with the real world) but only if she pulls her father's sword that she never saw before, oh and it also gives her sword mastery and martial arts mastery even when it's sheathed. One of these things is not like the other.

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2015, 11:31:16 PM »
It's not that I don't like the story, it's just what the hell kind of power is that supposed to be? So you have a kid that can teleport things, people that can fly, people who can read minds, and a girl who can enter a video game (which evidently maps up with the real world) but only if she pulls her father's sword that she never saw before, oh and it also gives her sword mastery and martial arts mastery even when it's sheathed. One of these things is not like the other.
[/quote

Its this stuff that makes me think that its not her powers that are putting her in the game world.  Its her fathers (the "programmer" of the game, the guys who's picture was on the back of the book gamer guy gave her.). I don't think her father is Hiro. 

If she has powers I think its the physical abilities. My take on it is that going into and out of the game world I think comes from the sword which would come from her father.  He's the one with the ability to go into the game world and someone learned how to harness that (his kidnappers). The sword is a conduit/by product of his power not hers Which would also explain why the game world is based on Tokyo.  He might have made a copy of the real world in the virtual one.  Which could explain how she can appear in the real world location by going through the virtual route.

Or the other theory in my head, she's not real. She /is/ Katana Girl from the game taken out of the game by her "father" as a back up plan in case something like this kidnapping happened.  That might be why she's rumored in the game but no one has ever seen her before beyond art and guide books
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2015, 11:51:01 PM »
Oh and I forgot to mention how it doesn't make sense that the first time she went in the game world she didn't move in the real world and the last time she did. Which is probably good because given the real world analogues of the in-game villains her moving the first time would mean she beheaded a bunch of real people.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2015, 01:54:52 PM »
Hey they built Cerebro! How about that.

I gotta say I love the actress playing Molly.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2015, 10:23:20 PM »
Things just got more interesting on that episode last night. So I'm guessing it's more clear that Miko is Hiro's daughter because she have his sword? Renautis made a new technology called E.P.I.C. by using Molly's power to track down Evos. It reminds me of X-Men Days of Future Past when Professor Trask developed the sentinals to hunt mutants. Maybe Hiro will go back in time and save Molly. Lol

Spoiler for Hidden:
Turns out that Luke has Radiation powers similar to Ted back in Season 1.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2015, 10:25:48 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Harris is not human.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2015, 11:22:30 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Harris is not human.

well duh

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2015, 04:40:12 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
So now we have robots(?) who seem to break the law of conservation of matter? Just what this show needed, more plot convolution.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2015, 11:18:29 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Well someone in the episode mentioned digitizing powers.
So maybe that's what Harris is. An android or something with grafted on powers.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2015, 05:57:39 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Yeah, I got nothing.

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2015, 09:37:07 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
So now we have robots(?) who seem to break the law of conservation of matter? Just what this show needed, more plot convolution.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Well most of them seem to as you're creating energy from lift to heat etc while ignoring some source.. maybe they all tap from dimension X?

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2015, 10:59:27 PM »
Sounds like as good an explanation as any.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2015, 02:19:11 PM »

It's actually been better than I expected so far. :D