Author Topic: Most Played Tank Builds  (Read 25246 times)

Canine

• Lieutenant
Re: Most Played Tank Builds
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2015, 09:17:55 AM »
All things being equal the tank should survive over the Brute because resists, hit points, and defense should be higher than a Brute..

However a well built Brute should be able to take down mobs fast enough with his hp. resists, and defense which are still very very good (better than scrappers if I remember correctly) to survive well..

As pure anecdata, I always found my Brutes to feel significantly squishier than my Tanks.  And by the time my fury ramped up from 'cold' to operating levels, I was usually in trouble to a greater or lesser extent.  This is likely because of the lower base defensive values on Brutes, and also possibly because of my inherent personal preference for blueside over redside.  What can I say, I started playing City of *Heroes*  in Issue 3.  There were a lot of ingrained expectations and assumptions by the time CoV rolled out.

I *did* enjoy my War Mace/Willpower brute, especially since by pure coincidence I was levelling him when War Mace/Crowd Control was a little, umm, broken... in terms of Area of effect and target cap (I think... It's all a little vague at this point).  Plus, Willpower being so resilient in a 'set and forget' way helped.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2015, 03:54:01 PM »
Curses! Now I really want to load up Herostats and compare my fire/fire brute with my fire/fire tank just to reassure myself of what I already believe to be true!

Maybe a little Thunderstruck will ease the pain..
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2015, 04:59:27 AM »
Curses! Now I really want to load up Herostats and compare my fire/fire brute with my fire/fire tank just to reassure myself of what I already believe to be true!

Maybe a little Thunderstruck will ease the pain..

If I recall correctly

Tanks had the highest HP, had higher modifiers on the armor powers, and the highest caps

Brutes had second highest HP, had scrapper modifiers on the powers, but had Scrapper modifiers on the defensive powers, but the same caps as tanks.

Scrappers had the lowest HP of the three, had the same modifier on the armor powers..BUT had lower caps than tanks/brutes.

and generally in a well built team, you would hit the cap on either Resistance or defenses*, so the fact that tanks had higher modifiers did not matter.

and that was before Incarnate, IOs ect.

*Unless you had support that gave you the opposite of what your armor set gave you, of course..if that is the case then tank/brute is generally irrelevant..because you are going to be very survivable against most anything that will show up