Author Topic: City of Heroes/Villains Cosplay at (insert convention name) Con!  (Read 26251 times)

Kiddletron

• Underling
Re: City of Heroes/Villains Cosplay at (insert convention name) Con!
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2015, 06:06:25 PM »
Check out this video about Real Life Batsuit: Combat Armor.

That was a really neat suit. If I could afford the materials he used to make that, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

The Kydex plates aren't too expensive, but being a poor farmer doesn't help much either.

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2015, 07:23:03 PM »
Statesman appears in the following video BALTIMORE COMIC CON 2015 EPIC COSPLAY HIGHLIGHT by JKIProductionz (briefly, at the 1:09-1:13 mark).

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2015, 08:13:07 PM »
One of the leading pattern makers for superhero dye sublimation costumes, Mark Dupuis, also known as Sonjou of 4 NEO Designs (.com and FaceBook), has just released a new Statesman pattern--both male and female versions. Here is a link to a gallery of images showing the pattern.

You can buy Mark's pattern and use it to make your own Statesman costume--just in time for Halloween!

FeliciaDivine

• Lieutenant
    • IMVU Fashion Elite
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2015, 06:06:23 PM »
Fantastic thread, I love what your doing Todogut.

I would like to ask if you know of any regulations regarding outfits, I think It would be important to know.

Kiddletron is making a weapon...and if it is heavy...it's likely it will be taken at the door.

I presume anything overly revealing would also be a no no...in game I had two main outfits...my Justice Armor sg uniform (in black/gold) and my regular Metallic outfit in blue (also known by CoH'ers as the stripper outfit). Since the Metallic outfit is much like Victoria secret lingerie I would hesitate to wear it in public...but to bring more attention to CoH...I would wear it.

It has been many years since I have been to a convention...seeing this thread...it might be time for me to return :)

Todogut

• Boss
    • Todogut on deviantART
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2015, 07:56:55 PM »
Fantastic thread, I love what your doing Todogut.

Thanks!

I would like to ask if you know of any regulations regarding outfits, I think It would be important to know.

Kiddletron is making a weapon...and if it is heavy...it's likely it will be taken at the door.

Yes, each convention I've been to has had its own policies regarding weapons, footwear, revealing costumes, etcetera. For example, here is a link to the Origins Game Fair Code of Conduct. You can check out the website for a particular con for specifics.

Because cons are usually held in a big, commercial hotel or convention center, guests are bound by the venue's rules. In general, weapon props are allowed, even large and heavy ones, so long as they are not dangerous. One important, legal requirement regarding firearm props is, the tip of the gun or rifle prop must be covered by red/orange plastic to clearly show that the firearm is a toy replica and not a real weapon. Fireworks, open flames, or other potentially hazardous effects are not allowed.

I've seen all kinds of big medieval weapons at conventions such as great swords, halberds, and so on. Usually, they are not authentic weapons; instead, they are prop replicas made with light-weight crafting foam--pretty neat.

I presume anything overly revealing would also be a no no...

Yes... but, as a Google search on cosplay will show, there can be quite a bit of leeway. For example, most cons require footwear... that is, no bare feet. You must wear shoes, boots, sandals, flip-flops... something covering the feet. Some con policy statements give rather vague guidance about how revealing a costume can be, stating something like, "This is a family event, so keep it clean."

If your costume covers as much as a two-piece bathing suit that could be worn at a public swimming pool, you shouldn't have any problem being admitted to a con. For some revealing outfits, cosplayers wear a base layer of flesh-colored spandex tights. From a distance, it looks like a lot of skin is showing; but, in fact, pretty much everything is covered.

It has been many years since I have been to a convention...seeing this thread...it might be time for me to return :)

Cool! If you do, post pictures here.  :)