Author Topic: Your favorite spot.  (Read 17813 times)

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
Re: Your favorite spot.
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2015, 03:22:49 AM »
I loved to hate the hollows.
But that was because you used to be sent there as a level 5 and you would get missions requiring you to run past neighborhoods full of reds and purples.  I learned to hate the hollows before it had a first-aid station.
I learned the hate the hollows before your toons could fly at level 4.

Now the zone itself is awesome.  It is much more interesting than Perez Park.  And a lot harder to get lost in as well.
I loved Talos Island, it seemed like everything you needed was there.  And the stuff that wasn't there, you could get to at Steel pretty easily.

Founders Falls was the best looking zone until Atlas got all shiny.

Come to think of it, most if not all the zones had something to offer that made them enjoyable.

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2015, 01:32:43 PM »
But that was because you used to be sent there as a level 5 and you would get missions requiring you to run past neighborhoods full of reds and purples.  I learned to hate the hollows before it had a first-aid station.

Now the zone itself is awesome.  It is much more interesting than Perez Park.  And a lot harder to get lost in as well.
I loved Talos Island, it seemed like everything you needed was there.  And the stuff that wasn't there, you could get to at Steel pretty easily.

Come to think of it, most if not all the zones had something to offer that made them enjoyable.

I wasn't there for Hollows pre-first-aid station, but I was definitely familiar with the feeling of getting through there without flight or ss. Making those available at level 4 changed the Hollows a lot, haha.

Yeah, I never liked Perez Park very much. I dunno why, but it always seemed too dark and samey to me. Then again, that could be because I just didn't have enough experience with it.

I loved Talos - I know that's where one of my toons spent most of his time in the end. It was always a fun, bright, diverse, and interesting zone to me.
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

RGladden

• Boss
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2015, 06:54:18 PM »
Croatoa and the Hollows during Halloween week were my favorite areas.  The dark pond in Croatoa with the will-a-the-wisps was pure magic...

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2015, 04:45:40 AM »
I used to go SupraTroll hunting in Sky.  They took that out for some reason.  The burning building in Steel was fun.  I would get the fire extinguisher and leave.  Later I would spray my teammates with it.  Good Times.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 05:07:35 AM by johng736@gmail.com »

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2015, 09:25:02 PM »

ZOMG ALL of this! I can't count how many toons got stranded there because I got fed up with the "go kill 10 of this thing" and hitting mobs of 15 red guys. then getting my happy ass sent all the way back to the hospital in atlas park for my troubles and schlepping across the map again just to get back. for the first five or six issues it was easily the most poorly designed map in the game. Then they changed the travel power cap and dialed back the mob sizes and it suddenly became a doable concern.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

houtex

• Elite Boss
  • I was the turkey all along! MEE!
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2015, 05:54:09 PM »

Y'all just don't know how to run about the zone. 

I could regularly roll a Level 1, and then take that character straight to the Hollows as soon as they could get in, and then go from one end to the other without dying.  Ever.

Heck, I would not-run (as they had that 'Walk' power, and no.. that takes too long) from the area near Flux, down to the deepest part of the Hollows, then right on up to the transmission tower, then right back down where there was a badge at the lower left of the map in the lil woods there.  Not run.  Not fly.  Not jump.  'Walk'. 

It was just a matter of staying out of the other's range.  Hollows never bothered me.  Except the time to walk it, and even then, it became a source of pride that I could do it anytime I wanted, even if I had a blaster or a defender with no defense. :)

Hollows was awesome.  Funtimes for me!

Blackout

• "That guy"
  • Boss
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2015, 06:12:14 PM »
Y'all just don't know how to run about the zone. 

I could regularly roll a Level 1, and then take that character straight to the Hollows as soon as they could get in, and then go from one end to the other without dying.  Ever.

Heck, I would not-run (as they had that 'Walk' power, and no.. that takes too long) from the area near Flux, down to the deepest part of the Hollows, then right on up to the transmission tower, then right back down where there was a badge at the lower left of the map in the lil woods there.  Not run.  Not fly.  Not jump.  'Walk'. 

It was just a matter of staying out of the other's range.  Hollows never bothered me.  Except the time to walk it, and even then, it became a source of pride that I could do it anytime I wanted, even if I had a blaster or a defender with no defense. :)

Hollows was awesome.  Funtimes for me!

Absolutely loved the hollows  ;D reminds me of when frostfire used to be intimidating and getting to level 5 with a character was an achievement for me :P

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2015, 05:57:45 AM »
I loved Croatoa, around the back of the train station, just for the fact that it was always autumn there - my favorite season.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

ukaserex

• Elite Boss
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2015, 12:32:33 PM »
My favorite spot...

The ski chalet in Pocket D -- despite the silly yodeling, not because of it.  ;D

And when that was out of season....

The Dreck's map.
Those who have no idea what they are doing genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they're doing. - John Cleese

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2015, 03:34:41 PM »
I used to go SupraTroll hunting in Sky.  They took that out for some reason.  The burning building in Steel was fun.  I would get the fire extinguisher and leave.  Later I would spray my teammates with it.  Good Times.

I don't think they took supatrolls out of skyway. It was part of the troll rave event and at certain times of the event you could literally find 100's of them on some of the roads.

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2015, 03:37:57 PM »
I loved Croatoa, around the back of the train station, just for the fact that it was always autumn there - my favorite season.

Loved Croatoa and all of it's missions! I always felt it should of been a much bigger zone but for what we got it was awesome.

One request would of been to increase the level scaling of all it's missions without changing the minimum. If you arrived too late you could out level the first two contacts and not even get missions from them.

Corlagon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2015, 11:08:24 PM »
New Overbrook had a special atmosphere for me.

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #72 on: February 18, 2015, 01:31:05 PM »
Absolutely loved the hollows  ;D reminds me of when frostfire used to be intimidating and getting to level 5 with a character was an achievement for me :P

You know? Even at the end of the game, right before shut down, when I had a few 50s in my belt and some incarnates to boot, I remember still getting that sense of achievement at level 5. I hadn't done it in such a long time, it was just this walk down memory lane and it felt great to come into the Hollows again.

My first character was a blaster; I remember getting to Frostfire and thinking "this is my nightmare."
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2015, 04:57:36 AM »
Death From Below, kind of drained a lot of people out of the Hollows.  Pity really, the Hollows is an exprience.

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2015, 04:03:19 AM »
And when that was out of season....

The Dreck's map.

Does anyone know how to find the flooded Boomtown-like map in Icon?

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2015, 05:31:56 AM »
Does anyone know how to find the flooded Boomtown-like map in Icon?

this one?
maps/MISSIONS/OUTDOOR_MISSIONS/OUTDOOR_RUINED/OUTDOOR_RUINED_02/OUTDOOR_RUINED_02A.txt

Pengy

• Badge Badger
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2015, 11:14:03 AM »
this one?
maps/MISSIONS/OUTDOOR_MISSIONS/OUTDOOR_RUINED/OUTDOOR_RUINED_02/OUTDOOR_RUINED_02A.txt

Yeah, that one. Thank you.

Noyjitat

• Elite Boss
  • Guess who cares?
« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2015, 01:26:01 AM »
Hey you've saved me more than a few times ;) no problem.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2015, 01:06:41 AM »
Helping each other is what we do, we're villains.

Inc42

• Boss
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2015, 09:38:30 PM »
There was a spot in Talos that I loved going to every once in a while to watch the sunrise. You had to fly pretty far North across the water, and there was a small island that served no purpose whatsoever, no mission doors, no mobs, nothing. There was a weird rock formation that made a sort of dome across the top of the island, I used to sit inside that. Never saw anyone else there, or figured out why the island existed, but I loved it.