Author Topic: Your favorite spot.  (Read 17775 times)

ZoeyLovecraft90

• Lieutenant
Your favorite spot.
« on: December 29, 2014, 01:48:53 AM »
Don't know if everyone had one.
Mine was a spot I found in Faultline by total accident. I was first learning how to control my flying and I flew straight into the Cryptic Lounge. I know it had been there for a long time before I found it but I never knew it was there. It my guild's "spot" ever since.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
Re: Your favorite spot.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 02:39:20 AM »
I used to watch the sunset in Striga Isle.
I used to roam the underpasses of 'Boomtown'.
I used to explore the shoreline of Perez Park.

Of course those were to get the Atlas Medallion accolade.

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 03:32:53 AM »
I liked to find good sunrise/sunset spots. One of the docks on Peregrine Island was nice for that.

There was also this one park bench in Perez that was secluded and kind of peaceful, hidden off on a trail somewhere.

MaidMercury

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 04:02:37 AM »
I also enjoyed Striga Isle and running Ernesto Hess TF's....many times.
I liked how the mish cut you off from your team, it had imagination, felt like a James Bond adventure, giant robot, etc.

Between missions, Atlas was good to hang at the SG base....chat with friends under statue.
Faultline was nice running TF's and zapping zombies.

seemed like Steel Canyon would be my fav trading zone, mmm, as well as Costumes...and low level mess arounds with Circle of Thorns....
I know, I know they added costume contact in Vanguard but I got used to flying to Serge.
Especially getting your costume mish.
Croatoa grew on me, especially during Halloween.
EVERY zone became my home...................Kings Row I guess my least interesting one.

I was annoyed when CoH deleted Galaxy (if I remember right)

I really miss CoH this time of year, buring fireplace, drinking coffee in Ski Lodge, ..........>sigh<

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 04:03:56 AM »
Saturday mornings in Galaxy City. It was where and when I leveled up every new character (1-5) I made for the first dozen or so episodes. By the time I had leisurely swept all of GC, I was level 5 or 6 and ready for KR or PP (or later The Hollows). 
In particular when I was able to wreak havoc in the little park I knew it was time to hit that last level and move on.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Eoraptor

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 04:20:51 AM »
The north tram station in Steel Canyon, or the main campus. Both were heavily trafficked, great places for people watching as well as the fun thingts you could get up to there with mid-level missions for the midnighters or your costume mission.
"Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story, while others can read the back of a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe!"
-Lex Luthor

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 06:47:40 AM »
Flying over King's Row at night. I've played many MMOs in the last 16 years or so and I have fond memories from many of them, but the first time I flew over King's Row when CoH was only a few weeks old is one of my favorites. I remember feeling like I was really in a comic for a moment. It's one of the few times I would actually use the word 'immersion'.

Burnt Toast

• Elite Boss
  • Tastes Good!
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 07:21:05 AM »
I used to love to hang out around ICON in Steel Canyon. I used to jump on random teams with people to help them complete their costume mish a lot. Otherwise I hung out in AP or Pocket D (Generally Pocket D after incarnate content became available).

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 11:35:51 AM »
The Hollows and Steel Canyon. The music that played on Bronze Way (in SteelCanyon) was my favorite in the game. And in The Hollows I would hang out in Cherry Hills and put the hurt on Outcasts, Lost, and Trolls for hours.
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

Microcosm

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 04:46:26 PM »
Flying over King's Row at night. I've played many MMOs in the last 16 years or so and I have fond memories from many of them, but the first time I flew over King's Row when CoH was only a few weeks old is one of my favorites. I remember feeling like I was really in a comic for a moment. It's one of the few times I would actually use the word 'immersion'.

I had the same moment when I first got hover and then when I first got siphon speed just after the game came out. I just ran around galaxy for hours with siphon speed.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 07:07:13 PM »
one of my favorite places was the beach in Croatoa. Just watching the goons in the first tutorial and listening to the music play. My last favorite place was in the shadowzone :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 07:37:47 PM »
one of my favorite places was the beach in Croatoa. Just watching the goons in the first tutorial and listening to the music play. My last favorite place was in the shadowzone :)

How could I forget Croatoa? I loved going to Sally. It was such a cool zone.

Shenku

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 09:53:03 PM »
I'd have a hard time pinning it down to one, but I do have to agree with the last two posts, Croatoa is definitely on the list.

My favorite spot in Croatoa was a small round lake that had tons of wisps flying and hovering around, and pretty much no other NPCs. Felt isolated and majestic, almost as if stepping into a different world. Probably my number one favorite there, because I'd spend hours just watching the wisps zip around...

The other two are Founder's Falls' main fountain square, and the graveyard in Dark Astoria(pre-changes). Always liked the feel of those two spots.

healix

• Elite Boss
  • Every good friend was once a stranger
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 11:02:31 PM »
In Talos, there was an area across the water called The Dragon's Teeth with a very high rock formation....I loved to sit atop it and watch the sun rise and set. Directly behind was a waterfall with a small pool....*sigh*
Listen to the 'mustn'ts'. Listen to the 'don'ts'. Listen to the 'shouldn'ts', the 'impossibles', the 'won'ts'. Listen to the 'you'll never haves', then listen close to me... Anything can happen . Anything can be.

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2014, 02:32:59 PM »
In Talos, there was an area across the water called The Dragon's Teeth with a very high rock formation....I loved to sit atop it and watch the sun rise and set. Directly behind was a waterfall with a small pool....*sigh*

Is that the place where you find the devouring earth sometimes? And wasn't there a section of rock that was shaped in an archway (kind of like an entryway)?

Rigo42

• Minion
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2014, 11:52:12 PM »
I loved talos island. It had the look, feel and the music that was some-how relaxing.

Oh and Perez was a cool place too in some parts
Awaiting the day I can return to my childhood-created hero :)

Botzo

• Minion
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2014, 12:26:18 AM »
The Villain tutorial area Breakout (the zig) really stuck with me. Blowing up stuff and beating up guards. Then the music right near the end of the tutorial just really stuck in my head. Particularly Breakout_DropZone. Kinda bummed me out when the area was *sort of* removed for a new co-op tutorial.

Pearl Dragon

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2014, 01:50:42 AM »

The Black Market in Cap au Diable

Wentworth's and the University in Steele

AP, The Hollows, and Talos Island.

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2014, 07:04:53 AM »
Well besides trying to get the various accolades ...
The free fire base zulu was interesing.
Cimoroa was interesting
The midnigfhter's claub was kind of interesting.
Ouroborus had some floating islands that were kind of interesting
Monster Island off of peregring Island was kind of interesting.
The Hollows, Faultine, Faultline on the other side of the dam, Perez park were all kind of interesting.
Croatoa was kind of interesting.
I used to like skyway city then I learned better.
Crey's Folley was kind of interesting.
I fell in love with Talos Island, until I fell in love with Founders' Falls.
Didn't really like bricks.
Didn't really like Kings, guess I never flew over it at night.
Steel was a good zone, but I didn't think of it as pretty or special.
Galaxy City was never a favorite of mine, just saying
Dark astoria was different, but I hated it.  I like flying I don't like crashing into buildings
The RWZ base was ok, I liked exploring the catwalks waiting for Incarnate trials to begin.
The RWZ proper was no big deal, just another zone.
Of course I didn't like boomtown, nobody LIKED boomtown
Indenpence Port was too big and boring, well except for that dam bridge.
Oh and peregrine Island, was well a great place for 50's, no so great for 45's and under.
The portal Corps was a cool place, don't know why it never caught on as a hang out.
Recluse's Revenge or whatever it was called was kind of neat, but too dangerous to really apprenicate
Bloody Bay and Siren's Call just serverd the PvP purpose.

What do I miss the most  ...
The Hero Corps building in GC.
I loved running down those stairs and going to the origin contact.  The City Hall building in Atlas wasn't the same.

I loved taking an epic in squid form into the water.
I even learned the squid dance.  In squid mode fly straight down.
The effect is the upside squid wiggling it's body, great dance.

I would pay money to be able to fly in FF and kill the snipper that terrorizes the lower levels.
What a great game we had, huh?

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2014, 04:47:03 PM »
Reading all this brings a tear to my eye. Really, there were so many awesome spots.

I'm sure fondness has grown from the absence.

I also used to patrol the long bridge to the north side of Independence Port and save people from the Tsoo and Family. when I was in that level range. Then, the long climb up the suspension cables to get to the top of the bridge tower for the view. ^_^