Author Topic: Your favorite spot.  (Read 17749 times)

Relitner

• Boss
  • ree-LITE-ner
Re: Your favorite spot.
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2014, 04:50:36 PM »
Call me crazy, but I loved playing my lowbies on "the hill" just in front of the entrance to the Hollows. Then running half-way across the zone through purple Trolls to reach Frostfire. Good times...
in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti amen

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2014, 05:35:40 PM »
Favorite single spot, where my #1 scrapper Paragen was sitting at the end of the game... one of those flying mountain waterfall lawns in Ouroborous.

Favorite gaming spot: No contest, the park just south across the street from the Hospital in Steel Canyon... I would take any alt through 5 levels doing nothing but saving civilians from Circle of Thorns and an occasional Outcast mugging

runner-up: all of the Talos Island "mainland"
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Safehouse

• Elite Boss
  • Sometimes it's harder to let go than to hold on.
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2014, 07:05:22 PM »
Call me crazy, but I loved playing my lowbies on "the hill" just in front of the entrance to the Hollows. Then running half-way across the zone through purple Trolls to reach Frostfire. Good times...

Yup! That was a great spot. It was the first place where I ever teamed with someone, and it's always stuck with me since then.
Name: Safehouse     Origin: Magic
Powers: Energy Blast/Electricity Manipulation/Flame Mastery/Teleportation
Security Level: 50+
Last Seen: Wandering the empty streets of the evacuated Paragon City.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2014, 08:03:57 PM »
In Talos, there was an area across the water called The Dragon's Teeth with a very high rock formation....I loved to sit atop it and watch the sun rise and set. Directly behind was a waterfall with a small pool....*sigh*

Been there.

I also liked Boomtown. I would go straight back from the gates and beatup the Lost along the back wall. Huge groups from 16-19.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2014, 08:24:54 PM »
My favorite spot was the tall highways in Skyway City, Faultline, and Peregrine Island. I love hanging out at Drenched Donuts, I love when it plays the New Overbrook song when you enter the zone, and the Cryptic Lounge. In Peregrine Island I hang out in Portal Corp, the Matrix Room, or the AE building. Talos Island and Peregrine Island are my 2 favorite zone to hang out in the AE building. Steel Canyon was also nice there too. I like to chill at the lake.

Ankhammon

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2014, 10:15:07 PM »
Ooo. speaking of donuts. I always had to stop by and say hi to Constable Fraser (Frasenbaker?) whenever I went to Faultline.

I laughed and laughed the first time I saw him in game.

Loved that show.

Original Ray ftw and thank you kindly.
Cogito, Ergo... eh?

Ohioknight

• Celebrating Columbus Day
  • Elite Boss
  • 65 years old
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2014, 11:05:55 PM »
I would go straight back from the gates and beatup the Lost along the back wall.

I used to love telling people I was heading off to go beat up homeless guys.  ;D
"Wow, a fat, sarcastic, Star Trek fan, you must be a devil with the ladies"

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2015, 07:09:35 AM »
I had to fly through the donut in Faultline, even after getting the badge.

Teikiatsu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2015, 11:48:41 AM »
For hanging out, I liked the shoulders or outstretched hand of any humongous statue.  The center of Steel and sniper statue in RWZ were top of my list.

For street sweeping I liked the northwest side of AP running from the Steel entrance to Perez, and the bridges of IP
Virtue Server - Main: Midnight Lightning Dark/Elec/Psi Defender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfKUPgy_xH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EitO6Wq_9A

Tubbius

• Fun Title
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2015, 07:17:56 PM »
The entirety of Atlas Park during the Christmas Event, with Tubbius (see my avatar image) flying around top speed gathering up presents he'd "dropped off so he could redistribute them."  :)

I spent many, many hours just enjoying the run around getting presents and having fun with my Santa clone.

GenericHero05

• New Efforts # 7,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2015, 02:45:00 AM »
I had three favorite spots. The first was not so much a favorite as one that always had me at the edge of my seat. I remember old Faultline and how murderous it was to get stuck in one of those chasms and not have the right travel power to get out. It was always so scary to get that "kill 10 Vaz in Faultline" mission as a low level. The second was the small beach area in front of the entrance to Brickstown in IP. I would use super speed, stay in the water and aggro either Tsoo or Family in the area. I would easily outswim them and when the pack would head back to shore, I would try to take down the stragglers without aggroing the group. My third and most favorite was the warehouse area along the power lines in Brickstown. There were always groups of Freakshow or Council there. You could fight your way around the building and by the time you made it back to your starting point, they had all respawned. God how I miss this.
If I was a Jedi, there's a 100% chance that I'd use The Force inappropriately.

Kelltick

• Boss
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2015, 09:00:50 AM »
For me, the music played as big a role as anything else for my "spots".  One that I always went to again and again was 'The Crescent' in Brickstown.  And I always had a soft spot for the iconic theme in AP.

In terms of visually pleasing spots to go, I have two, but they aren't spots in the most definitive sense.  The first is Terra Volta - no real rhyme or reason, just had a thing for that zone.  The second is "surfing" the rooftops in Steel Canyon w/ Super Jump.  More often than not if I ever found myself with time to kill and nothing to do, I'd go to Steel, work my way to the tippy-tops of the buildings by window-ledge jumping, then surf the rooftops back and forth until something came up to pull me away from my aimless-but-very-much-aimed bouncing around.  Just loved the view from up in the canopy of the urban jungle.

GamingGlen

• Boss
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2015, 05:43:42 PM »
The interior of Perez Park where the green mist can be seen, especially near a small stream rife with algae/seaweed.

Spanky's Boardwalk (Talos).  I would like some places to be devoid of spawns and where citizens could relax and play; this is one of those places. (and make for another RP site).

Power Arc X

• Minion
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2015, 05:22:51 AM »
Let's see my favorite places were

Atlas Park - on top of Atlas so I could say I'm on top of the world
Galaxy City - the train station
Kings Row - Wentworths
The Hollows -  on top of Shield Wall ledges
Skyway - on top of the train station
Steel Canyon - on the shoulder of the giant statue behind Valkyre or however you pronounce her name
IP - on top of the long bridge opposite the zone badge
Boomtown - was in the towering inferno,  loved powder kegs music
Brickstown - the train station or underneath the basketball courts
Taos - on top of any skyscraper to watch the ghost ship come in
Founders Fall - definitely the courtyard with Numina
PI - on top of the portal corps display in the courtyard
Striga -  on any crane at the docks
Terra Volta - on top of the reactor
Creys Folly  - usually just a shield wall ledge
Croatoa - the beach to wish Sally goodnight before I killed her
DA - the catacombs with the badge

Mistress Urd

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2015, 10:54:45 PM »
Some places I liked.

The Talos hill.
Midnighter's Club
Founder's Falls (when they added in train station)
Croatoa

Seems like my villains would only hang out at the black market in Cap Au Diable.  :P

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2015, 12:07:55 AM »
I enjoyed spending time in Sharkhead. The scrapyarders vs cage consortium thing was fun, and the setting and atmosphere there was perfect for it.

Harpospoke

• New Efforts # 4,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2015, 10:27:51 AM »
Founders Falls was my favorite zone.  I loved the way it was designed.   
Terra Volta...liked it.
For some reason I would run up the big cables on the bridge in IP a lot.

I would go to the Shadow Shard just to wander around.   There was something epic about it I never ever got tired of.   I left one particular character there.    The idea that she would be alone for all time was a powerful feeling to me....but she liked it there.   Hope I get to go and get her.

Volcanichic

• Minion
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2015, 04:25:00 PM »
The one building in AP that had the indoor park under the glass roof on the top floor. Was an awesome off duty RP spot.

Flying to Prometheus Park every time I went to AP just to hover and hear the chimes that played. It was just a relaxing thing for me.

Anytime I went to the Faultline map I could not resist flying through the doughnut or visit the Cryptic Lounge.

LOVED many of the Praetorian areas. Its a shame it wasn't played by more people. Loved sitting on the dock in the park in Imperial City.

Sooooo many great places and views if I don't stop now I could go on and on !!!

Paragon Avenger

• Circles and Triangles
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2015, 06:58:50 AM »
There were so many nice spots for different reasons.

That's one of the reasons we want our game back.
That and the content.
That and the mechanics.
That and the flexibility of the builds.
That and so many other things.
Why were we robbed?

Oh well, it's only a stupid game.

Floride

• Elite Boss
  • Badgehunter Extraordinaire
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2015, 08:14:19 PM »
Ouroboros. Watching people pop in and out, looking at names and costumes. It was a great hang out on busy nights.
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men