Author Topic: Gotham *Spoilers*  (Read 21521 times)

tripthicket

• Lieutenant
Re: Gotham *Spoilers*
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2014, 06:57:45 AM »
Arrow, Agents of SHIELD, The Flash, Gotham (and more superhero TV shows coming), added to the I'm-very-grateful-for-them chain of superhero movies over the last several years (and I haven't even mentioned the upcoming explosion of superhero video/PC games - oops, I just did!):

It's a good time to be a geek. Represent!

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2014, 03:05:52 AM »

Gotham is still one of those shows I enjoy watching each week.

Spoiler for Hidden:
We did get to see Ivy Pepper again.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2014, 03:52:31 AM »
Tonight's episode was fun; Alfred got to be a bit of a badass.

In regards to the Wayne murder, and this is pure speculation on my part, but is anyone else starting to suspect...
Spoiler for Hidden:
...the Court of Owls? What the assassin said to Gordan, about how her employers were watching what he was trying to do and laughing, gave me pause. After all, isn't manipulating Gotham from the shadows sort of their schtick?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2014, 01:24:18 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
We did get to see Ivy Pepper again.
I loved how Selina is absolutely creeped out by Ivy.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2014, 04:43:18 AM »
Tonight's episode was fun; Alfred got to be a bit of a badass.

In regards to the Wayne murder, and this is pure speculation on my part, but is anyone else starting to suspect...
Spoiler for Hidden:
...the Court of Owls? What the assassin said to Gordan, about how her employers were watching what he was trying to do and laughing, gave me pause. After all, isn't manipulating Gotham from the shadows sort of their schtick?

I started to think that too.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Especially cause I think New 52 Bruce was about the same age when he went looking for the Court as a kid.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2015, 03:03:54 AM »
And at long last a new episode.

It was sort of amusing ... though ...
Spoiler for Hidden:
Even if Gordon HAD been shacking up with someone Barbara had no right to be upsdet about it giving that she was shacking up with someone else.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2015, 10:41:05 PM »
The relationship between Montoya and Barbara is the worst thing about this show so far.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2015, 11:56:46 PM »
The relationship between Montoya and Barbara is the worst thing about this show so far.

It COULD have been good, but the execution has been sorely lacking.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2015, 04:53:35 AM »
Frankly Barbara is the worst thing on the show.  I keep hoping that this character dies and he names his daughter in her memory...

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2015, 11:07:15 PM »

Agreed.

Frankly Barbara is the worst thing on the show.  I keep hoping that this character dies and he names his daughter in her memory...

Double-agreed.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2015, 04:07:35 AM »
Bruce, Bruce ...

Spoiler for Hidden:
He came across as a bit of a brat in this week's episode. If I had been Selina I would have probably done the same thing.

tripthicket

• Lieutenant
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2015, 06:28:41 AM »
Interesting that we've not had mention of any counseling for Bruce, especially in light of the way Alfred treated Bruce over the broken snowglobe. I get it: a bit of tough love, pick yourself up and move on, do something positive. I don't know why it never struck me before (probably because no version of Batman that I recall has dwelt very long on Bruce's actual childhood), but the relationship between Bruce and Alfred seems...a bit odd, somehow. Yes, the Waynes set it up for Alfred to be Bruce's legal guardian if anything happened to them. But did they mean for Alfred to go on acting as a servant rather than taking on a parental role? I would think it's what a traumatized child actually needs, as opposing to a butler who treats him like a little prince in some ways -- Bruce obsesses over certain areas of expertise, becoming a Batman larvae, if you will, and Alfred lets it happen. Teaches him to fight. Pushes him to be tough.

Ah well, it's just comic book stuff, and the writers have to do something with Bruce and Alfred that will inevitably lead to the Caped Crusader. I thinks too much!

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2015, 11:40:22 AM »
Interesting that we've not had mention of any counseling for Bruce
I'm pretty sure one of the first two episodes mentioned it and Alfred was declining as per the Wayne's instructions.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2015, 07:00:04 AM »
Bruce, Bruce ...

Spoiler for Hidden:
He came across as a bit of a brat in this week's episode. If I had been Selina I would have probably done the same thing.

Seemed more like Selina being a brat to me, with the whole righteous indignation at the implication that living in an actual house  with decent food is better than living on the streets and being lucky to eat at all.  How dare he imply that better is better!  The nerve!

But she might have been acting like that on purpose, to keep him from getting mixed up in her problems.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2015, 06:52:30 PM »
Loved the little interaction between Riddler and Penguin.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2015, 09:16:25 AM »
Loved the little interaction between Riddler and Penguin.
That bit was beautiful.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2015, 10:47:09 AM »
I liked the lone headbanger in Penguin's club.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2015, 06:10:57 AM »
That bit was beautiful.

Yeah that was really well done.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Also, has anyone else gotten chills regarding the next episode? Specifically when a certain character starts laughing....

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2015, 10:19:43 AM »
No chills, Joe.  It actually made me leery of the next episode.  I don't see them being able to introduce that character in a manner that doesn't leave a bad taste...

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2015, 01:49:33 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
My guess is that they are only going to introduce him as the Red Hood and just let audiences assume from there.  It may be that he is the Red Hood who became the Joker.  But on the other hand in comic book continuity there were many Red Hoods before him.