Author Topic: Gotham *Spoilers*  (Read 21603 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Gotham *Spoilers*
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2014, 09:51:25 AM »
And from the preview for next week, it looks like we'll get to see Professor Pyg.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

KennonGL

• Boss
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2014, 03:24:21 PM »
I've only watched the pilot so far, but I thought it at least warranted a few more
episodes before I make my mind up.

About 1/2 way through the pilot though, my wife looks up and says "OK, so it's just
another cop show, except it's in Gotham."

Which pretty much sums up any of my thoughts about the show too.  I think we were
both expecting more Batman and less CSI: Gotham

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2014, 09:43:35 PM »
I'm not seeing much CSI here. This doesn't come off as procedural to me, but more drama/action. Feels more like Arrow to me.

And from the preview for next week, it looks like we'll get to see Professor Pyg.

After they said something about "he's going after bad cops", I was thinking it'd be Prometheus. I'm glad they're using more obscure villains like the Dollmaker, and possibly Pyg, Prometheus, and I'm sure others. That's what I liked about Beware the Batman.

I'm trying to figure out if this show is set in present day or what though. Everyone's using cellphones, but at the same time, a lot of the cars, especially the police cruisers, are from 80s or earlier.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2014, 05:42:55 PM »
Great show last night. That lady had to have one helluva headache....

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2014, 11:22:36 PM »
Sadly, it seems we did not actually get Pyg.  Now that, however, begs the question:  Was that an intentional chain jerking, or pure coincidence that we got to see him in a pig mask?  I almost hope they were intentionally screwing with Batman fans just because they can.  :)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 11:31:04 PM by eabrace »
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2014, 02:59:48 AM »
Sadly, it seems we did not actually get Pyg.  Now that, however, begs the question:  Was that an intentional chain jerking, or pure coincidence that we got to see him in a pig mask?  I almost hope they were intentionally screwing with Batman fans just because they can.  :)

The dude's second disguise made me think of The Shadow. Possibly another nod since Batman is somewhat based on that character.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2014, 02:04:45 PM »
"If he's killing cops, that's a health and safety issue." - Bullock

;D

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2014, 06:04:37 AM »
I tell you they certainly nailed the casting on these guys. Robin Lord Taylor as the Penguin is unreal. The dude creeps me the hell out every week.

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2014, 04:38:49 AM »
I'd watch it if it was just about Penguin he's so good.  Best part of the show so far.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2014, 07:07:29 PM »
I've never been a huge fan of procedurals and this one is no different in that aspect.  But I'll keep watching it just for the characters.  Just like I kept watching the abysmal "The Cape" just for Keith David and James Frane.  I absolutely love Penguin and could watch him all day.  I also love Selena Kyle but to be honest she kinda creeps me out too.  Not because the actress or character is creepy but because it's like watching a 15 year old Michelle Pfeiffer.  I'm pretty sure Michelle did discover the secret of time travel.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2014, 05:57:05 PM »
I've never been a huge fan of procedurals and this one is no different in that aspect.

See, I'm not seeing where this is a procedural. Yes, they're going to take clues and ultimately solve the crime, cause the main character is a cop. But this is nothing like CSI or Law & Order.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2014, 06:22:08 PM »
Indeed.  It doesn't focus on the procedures that would make it a procedural.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2014, 08:59:48 PM »
It's just an old fashion cop/mob show, not a procedural. (or at least very little)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2014, 01:03:47 AM »
Was it just me,  or

Spoiler for Hidden:
was that a Queen Consoliated logo on the side of a building about half way through tonight's episode?
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2014, 02:47:18 AM »
Hey, it's future Hush!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2014, 03:51:45 AM »
I think tonight was my favorite episode.  The writers are really starting to hit their stride.

Spoiler for Hidden:
"I'd give you a good cop routine, but it's not in my toolkit."
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2014, 02:25:03 PM »
Just as a crime show, I really enjoy this. Some great characters, good writing and twisted plots usually considered "too complicated" for network TV viewers.  And the show even looks good. Then add in that this is the Batman world and all the tie ins and Easter eggs. I also like that they've made little Bruce a bit venge-crazy and Alfred is a pretty dark mentor. I like that touch, and it's one we haven't really seen yet in the live action versions before it.

Plus the Penguin.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2014, 01:16:36 AM »
The Penguin is better than I was expecting when I first saw him.  But I think Bullock is my favourite character on the show right now.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Mental Maden

• Boss
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2014, 03:48:24 AM »
Yeah, Bullock has been great.  Donal Logue is great in just about everything.

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2014, 03:57:46 AM »
I'm liking the way Nygma is developing too. Honestly, I'm not too sure there's a character I don't like.