Author Topic: Gotham *Spoilers*  (Read 21619 times)

Night-Hawk07

• Elite Boss
Re: Gotham *Spoilers*
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2015, 02:32:28 AM »
 :o

Spoiler for Hidden:
That laugh, though....

And the smile.

And the murderous glare.

Bra-vo Gotham, bra-vo! *claps*

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2015, 02:48:07 PM »
This reminds me of Smallville where all the other heroes and villains show up except the signature hero. 

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2015, 11:54:28 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Kid was a good actor but i'm never thrilled when they fill in too much of the Joker's history. I guess they're either throwing out the red hood stuff or perhaps he's institutionalized and helped through therapy/drugs to become a run of the mill costumed hero, then the acid bath/bleached skin brings all this back?

The more Gotham i see though it really gives insight into why Bats's villains always reappear so quickly. I think 'escaped from arkham' is just their code for police investigations so botched that the judge had to throw out the case. So Gordon arrests half the circus, keeps the two with alibis in jail, gets his lone clue from an idiot and solves the case through some combination of sorcery and an inherent distrust of red heads, then uses the interrogation as a date and gets a confession from a minor without a lawyer present. And this is the competent incorruptible cop. And this is all before they rely on the vigilante who never testifies to capture all their criminals. throw that into the mix and they should be able to just rent out blackgate for raves and kids' halloween parties.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2015, 02:34:06 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Kid was a good actor but i'm never thrilled when they fill in too much of the Joker's history. I guess they're either throwing out the red hood stuff or perhaps he's institutionalized and helped through therapy/drugs to become a run of the mill costumed hero, then the acid bath/bleached skin brings all this back?

The more Gotham i see though it really gives insight into why Bats's villains always reappear so quickly. I think 'escaped from arkham' is just their code for police investigations so botched that the judge had to throw out the case. So Gordon arrests half the circus, keeps the two with alibis in jail, gets his lone clue from an idiot and solves the case through some combination of sorcery and an inherent distrust of red heads, then uses the interrogation as a date and gets a confession from a minor without a lawyer present. And this is the competent incorruptible cop. And this is all before they rely on the vigilante who never testifies to capture all their criminals. throw that into the mix and they should be able to just rent out blackgate for raves and kids' halloween parties.

Sort of agreeing with this comment right here.

There is a danger in putting so much stuff in so soon.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2015, 03:24:16 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Spoiler for Hidden:
Technically he was in the presence of his parent.  I have no idea if that will pass legal muster given the state of the relationship.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2015, 03:28:47 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
well given the state of dctvu prosecutors, i'd think no - c.f. any court appearance of laurel from arrow.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2015, 10:46:35 PM »
Did they give the kid's age at any point? If they did I don't remember it.  I didn't once assume him to be a minor because he looks like he is about 20 and the actor is 22.

And I may be in the minority but I really hope they kill off Fish by the end of the season.  She just plain isn't an interesting character or good actress.  That's why I'm very happy she is a new character and not a staple of the DC universe.  It means killing her off is possible.

CG

• Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2015, 01:28:52 AM »
Personally, I like Fish.  She's got style.

It might go the other way; she might be so popular that she gets created into the comics!  :o

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2015, 04:06:15 AM »
I don't mind Fish now that she's toned down the shameless eartha kitt catwoman impersonation she was doing the first few episodes.

i just assumed joker was a minor because he didn't seem to have a job with the circus yet.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2015, 09:40:55 AM »
He looked like he'd make a better Jim Corrigan/Spectre in the future than a Joker to me.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

FlyingCarcass

• Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2015, 02:03:28 AM »
In regards to the Fish development, that was unexpected.
0_0

Or rather...
Spoiler for Hidden:

0_x

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2015, 02:28:27 AM »
I would never have recognized Jeffrey Combs visually, but there was no mistaking that voice.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2015, 02:07:16 PM »
In regards to the Fish development, that was unexpected.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Do we call her Fsh Mooney now?  :D
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2015, 02:47:53 PM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
They should have taken her other eye just for spite.

I'm also firmly in the kill off Fish camp.

Anyone else thinking Doc Thompkins will turn out to be the mysterious Doctor (can't remember the name given)
You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2015, 09:29:18 PM »
Was anyone else surprised that it was green? I'd bet that you could watch every close-up, of this character, in the series to date, and never see a green one.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 05:55:20 AM by Super Firebug »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2015, 09:15:09 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
They should have taken her other eye just for spite.

I'm also firmly in the kill off Fish camp.

Anyone else thinking Doc Thompkins will turn out to be the mysterious Doctor (can't remember the name given)

If you mean the Doctor who's trafficking in human body parts and whose name was German for Dollmaker... Having that turn out to be Dr. Leslie Thompkins, a fairly prominent good character in the Batman universe, would be extremely wrong.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2015, 10:11:31 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I actually thought it was going to be Hush (despite the wrong age) until they said the name. Now one would assume dollmaker because of the name, even though that was never the dollmaker's name, he's not really a bats villain, and they already had him on arrow. I should probably just stop trying to guess these things.

Anyone else find it funny that the administrator asked Fish when the last time she was able to clean herself up was when she showed up in his office wearing her usual heavy makeup? Also odd was the Asian bodega owner doing a pretty spot-on Jackie Mason voice.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2015, 10:23:10 AM »
Wasn't the Dollmaker alluded to as being behind a caper in an earlier episode of Gotham?

Excidia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2015, 02:42:22 PM »
Ahh, didn't know Thompkins was a character in the comics.  I pretty much just thought "what's the crappiest writing they could do in this situation" and revealing the new love interest as a psychopath was it.

e-
You don't ever leave someone FOR dead.  You leave them DEAD.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2015, 03:20:41 AM »
So ... interesting episode tonight.

I'm not entirely sure
Spoiler for Hidden:
having the Dollmaker be able to work transplants at a level that doesn't exist in the real world works for me.

I really feel like Robin (Penguin) Taylor is being wasted though. He's a good actor, but they are trying to pace his rise to the top a bit too much. I'm not seeing the character seem to learn anything from his mistakes.