Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1750495 times)

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #5900 on: August 19, 2015, 09:04:02 PM »
I started and finished on Freedom, and when that server was down I made a few characters on Justice and Virtue :)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

MM3squints

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5901 on: August 19, 2015, 09:23:26 PM »
I had Aggelakis, Aggelakis II, and Aggelakis III on Justice. Agge is an emp/archery, 2 is emp/dark, and 3 is dark/archery. I had three of them because my Agge concept was bigger than City could encompass. lol

Good to see someone else also just take their main's name and make alts with the name too. I didn't that on Triumph besides maybe 8 other people in the whole server. Personally I did that because I lack creativity to think of a name.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5902 on: August 19, 2015, 09:41:27 PM »
I had Aggelakis, Aggelakis II, and Aggelakis III on Justice. Agge is an emp/archery, 2 is emp/dark, and 3 is dark/archery. I had three of them because my Agge concept was bigger than City could encompass. lol

The backstory for my main when I created her was that she was an experimental clone from a different timeline in which the Rikti won the Rikti war.  As a result, when it came to making alts on different servers, I had a built-in reason for reproducing my main on them with anything from minor to major changes in design.

Kaos Arcanna

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5903 on: August 19, 2015, 10:29:52 PM »
I treated each server as an alternate reality.

In a perfect world where money was no object, I would have liked for each server to have a different outcome. One could have been a Post Apocalyptic wasteland ruled by the Freakshow. Another could have been the Warwolf World. A third could have been Nemesis controlled and your heroes were fighting to end his evil reign....

Battlechimp

• Boss
« Reply #5904 on: August 19, 2015, 11:05:32 PM »
Good to see someone else also just take their main's name and make alts with the name too. I didn't that on Triumph besides maybe 8 other people in the whole server. Personally I did that because I lack creativity to think of a name.

I had about 10 different versions of one character spread across various servers. Captain Neat-O always had either energy or radiation, blasters, defenders,  tank or brute...and all had the same neon green, yellow and red costume. 

And then I had two other characters that if I wanted to pay a particular power set but couldn't think of a character concept to go with them, I'd fall back onto these two.  One was a group that I started with friends, a power ranger spoof team, the Paragon Ringers.  So would have Red Ringer, Black Ringer, etc. Pick a color and go.  Or I had my kid genius character.  He'd make different power armor suits and go by Kid <insert noun that had something to do with his power set  > he was my generic character template if I wanted to RP with the character
Some men were born to greatness, others had it thrust upon them.  Me?  I punted. - Col Cranston Snord

Blow things up! Blow things up! Blow things up! Blo... wait, not that!! - Jammers everywhen

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5905 on: August 20, 2015, 02:47:09 PM »
I started and finished on Freedom, and when that server was down I made a few characters on Justice and Virtue :)

Freedom was home to my 'comedy' characters...

Chuckles the Barbarian
The Running-Away Man
Doctor Defeatable
Doorsitter Boy
Captain Frogtoes
Magic Gus
Captain Colostomy
Abe Vigoda

chuckv3

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5906 on: August 20, 2015, 04:16:13 PM »

Chuckles the Barbarian
The Running-Away Man
Doctor Defeatable
Doorsitter Boy
Captain Frogtoes
Magic Gus
Captain Colostomy
Abe Vigoda

You remind me of the time I created "Kaptain Killsteal" on Champion. I got him up to about level 5, then any time I wanted a break from the real game I took him to the hollows, jumped into the middle of anyone fighting several levels above me. Of course I would face-plant quickly, then start asking for a rez in zone chat (despite usually being less than 100 yards from the hosp). You could tell immediately who had a brain and a sense of humour (angry tells clearly signalling a lack of both). Of course his battle cry was "MINE!"

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5907 on: August 20, 2015, 05:09:06 PM »
The backstory for my main when I created her was that she was an experimental clone from a different timeline in which the Rikti won the Rikti war.  As a result, when it came to making alts on different servers, I had a built-in reason for reproducing my main on them with anything from minor to major changes in design.
I had a villain Brute, on Infinity, named Sasyk, who was a tad insane(due to how he was granted his abilities). I had inspiration to create a Heroic copy of him on the same server because of a mission where some group was creating clones of your character. In the mission, Sasyk saved his clone's life. That clone decided to do something constructive with his life. He had the same Power-sets, but was a Tank instead of a Brute, and also was a tad less insane.

Also, I had made a villain group on Champion that was similar to the "Goatee Universe" copy of the Hero group I had on that server. The Bouquet of Roses (Good guys) and the Roses Gone Wild (Villains). Many of the RGW characters were villain copies of the BoR characters. One of them was even a blatant copy. I mean really. Clone of Sniper Rose isn't misleading at all, is it? I didn't have a hero counter-part to Rose and Posse and Necro Rose. Both, of whom, were Masterminds. Thugs/Poison and Necro/Dark.

I had Altitis. I don't think it was a bad as some of yous guys' addiction though. I only had somewhere around 150 or so characters spread across all the American servers (except Freedom) and two accounts. I still had a lot of empty character slots I could have filled.
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5908 on: August 20, 2015, 06:41:11 PM »

I had a character that was similar, though I had five alts.  I eventually 'nerfed' her as I wanted to focus more on certain aspects of her abilities and felt her having to many wasn't particularly balancing;

Kin/energy defender(Eventually began obsoleting it, time manipulation showed up). My most powerful offensive support character.  I was likely to just rename the char, since I'd done so much with this one.
Mind/Kin controller: Redundant and deleted.
Fortunata: The main iteration.
Energy blast/time manipulation: The other main iteration.
Kin melee/Willpower: A melee iteration.

A reboot of the game will only have one of those and even then, I'll likely change a detail or two.  Probably make a robotics/time manipulation version of the character, as I am leaning towards in paragon chat.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5909 on: August 20, 2015, 06:41:59 PM »

Chuckles the Barbarian
The Running-Away Man
Doctor Defeatable
Doorsitter Boy
Captain Frogtoes
Magic Gus
Captain Colostomy
Abe Vigoda

Great!  Due to the complete lack of anyone asking for this, I think I'll add a short description of each of those toons...

Chuckles the Barbarian - Think a cross between Conan and Bozo. Over-muscled clown with a huge sword!

The Running-Away Man - Didn't get invited to teams very often.  When he did, as soon as a fight started, he lived up to his name.

Doctor Defeatable - Every level I picked the absolute least usable power. 

Doorsitter Boy - Would never leave the lobby in any door mission.  He got kicked from alot of teams.

Captain Frogtoes - Big green guy with funny feet.  Well, it was funny to me.

Magic Gus - Just a play on The Who's "Magic Bus." He got his powers from psychedelic drugs, and acted like it.

Captain Colostomy - Water blaster.  Water colored bright yellow.  Any further questions?

Abe Vigoda - crotchety.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5910 on: August 20, 2015, 06:52:21 PM »
I had a character that was similar, though I had five alts.  I eventually 'nerfed' her as I wanted to focus more on certain aspects of her abilities and felt her having to many wasn't particularly balancing;

Kin/energy defender(Eventually began obsoleting it, time manipulation showed up). My most powerful offensive support character.  I was likely to just rename the char, since I'd done so much with this one.
Mind/Kin controller: Redundant and deleted.
Fortunata: The main iteration.
Energy blast/time manipulation: The other main iteration.
Kin melee/Willpower: A melee iteration.

A reboot of the game will only have one of those and even then, I'll likely change a detail or two.  Probably make a robotics/time manipulation version of the character, as I am leaning towards in paragon chat.

Yes, *if* we ever get the game back, I have a few characters that will be re-made with alternate powersets... especially Scott Comet (think Adam Strange or Buck Rogers or any other "out of place" sci-fi hero)

He was an assault rifle / devices blaster, but I think his origin would fit better with a beam rifle / devices combo.

He was a mall-cop from the 25th century catapulted back through time due to a mishap with a device at Radio Shack.

Von Krieger

• Evil Emperor of German Chocolate
  • Boss
  • Silly Dragon
    • VK's FurAffinity Page
« Reply #5911 on: August 20, 2015, 06:56:26 PM »
He was a mall-cop from the 25th century catapulted back through time due to a mishap with a device at Radio Shack.

Must have been one of those trendy hipster product revivals.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5912 on: August 20, 2015, 07:15:46 PM »
Must have been one of those trendy hipster product revivals.

The whole point of using them to begin with was my utter amazement at how they were still an operational company with the decisions and changes made since the 80's.  Because of that, I thought they were "immortal" like Keith Richards and Dick Clark... oh...

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5913 on: August 20, 2015, 07:18:15 PM »
I had Altitis. I don't think it was a bad as some of yous guys' addiction though. I only had somewhere around 150 or so characters spread across all the American servers

I was an altoholic and i don't even think I had 50 unless you count deleted toons. 150 is srsbsns.

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5914 on: August 21, 2015, 03:45:56 AM »
I had a villain Brute, on Infinity, named Sasyk, who was a tad insane(due to how he was granted his abilities). I had inspiration to create a Heroic copy of him on the same server because of a mission where some group was creating clones of your character. In the mission, Sasyk saved his clone's life. That clone decided to do something constructive with his life. He had the same Power-sets, but was a Tank instead of a Brute, and also was a tad less insane.

I did the same thing!   Thunder Glove saved his clone and let him live, so I created the clone as Thunder Mirror.  (Thunder Mirror's powers were different, though, because the cloning process didn't reproduce TG's infusion of magic, so he was Tech-based and wore power armor instead.  TG was an Elec/Invuln Brute, while TM was an Elec/Elec Tanker)

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #5915 on: August 21, 2015, 07:10:22 AM »
I had Altitis bad too, one account had over 50 (I bought extra slots) on Champion with a few scattered on other servers like Exhalted. But I had two other paid main accounts and other freebie accounts as I needed them, well over a hundred toons, maybe as many as 130, not really sure now, it's been so long, and most of them were on Champion. I remember many of them, certainly not all of them, but with a few exceptions, they were all named  *** Remaugen. . .  ;D

I loved to team solo, I would run missions and even TFs at times with toons from each of my accounts and sometimes a friend or two. It was handy for creating my own SGs/VGs. Sometimes I would farm in Recluses Victory on a rooftop overnight, set up a couple of toons in a team on auto attack (Usually something like Footstomp) and a few others on a team with auto rez going, just let them go killing each other and self rezzing overnight, all night long. It was great for loot, usually a purple or sometimes, if I got lucky, two.
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #5916 on: August 21, 2015, 04:35:14 PM »

Chuckles the Barbarian
The Running-Away Man
Doctor Defeatable
Doorsitter Boy
Captain Frogtoes
Magic Gus
Captain Colostomy
Abe Vigoda
Nice :D, I too had a few joke characters on Freedom and Justice,
Captain BunBun
A Bunny, it was funny when an npc talked about A Bunny; such as "I saw A Bunny take on Frostfire. " :D
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5917 on: August 21, 2015, 06:06:51 PM »
Captain BunBun
A Bunny, it was funny when an npc talked about A Bunny; such as "I saw A Bunny take on Frostfire. " :D

Frostfire:  But thats no ordinary rabbit!  It's the most foul and cruel and bad tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5918 on: August 21, 2015, 07:15:48 PM »
Captain BunBun

I made "A Man With A Gun" once, for the same joke... But deleted him because he was a goober.

I saw "An Ordinary Man" running around the city at one point... 

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5919 on: August 21, 2015, 10:05:17 PM »
I made "A Man With A Gun" once, for the same joke... But deleted him because he was a goober.

I saw "An Ordinary Man" running around the city at one point...

I had one once named No Body, a stalker.  Thus when he defeated opponents they could say "Nobody defeated me"
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!