Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1749814 times)

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #5620 on: April 30, 2015, 02:50:47 PM »
They've never budged on Infinite Rasa, or given out the rights to Auto Assault, CoX, or any of their other shuttered IPs.

I never played Tabula Rasa, but from what I understand Infinite Rasa is actually back in development.
"Let's get dangerous..."
Lead Developer and Master of Mischief - Revival Project.
Revival website: APR.Pc-Logix.com

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #5621 on: April 30, 2015, 03:01:47 PM »
Movies are nice, but what about The Flash! Best show on TV right now!

I never played Tabula Rasa, but from what I understand Infinite Rasa is actually back in development.

This is true - there was a post on the Infinite Rasa forums that indicated the key issue that allowed them to be taken down was the use of the old NCsoft provided clients. They are building everything themselves this time.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5622 on: April 30, 2015, 03:55:50 PM »
Irish_Girl, I just ran across this on Facebook.  Is this you, or is someone else out there claiming to be the lead on the Unreal-4 migration of CoH?

http://www.gofundme.com/t88k49s

Azrael

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5623 on: April 30, 2015, 05:11:03 PM »
https://www.everquest.com/news/project-1999-daybreak

That's a fantastic beachhead in the player/fan vs corporate mindshare.  Well done to the Everquest '99' fans.  They didn't give up the struggle and have their 'vision' of the game they like or liked playing.

There's no reason why the CoH community can't pile on the pressure to reach a similar sort of agreement with NC Soft.  I really did like Ironwolf's community based idea/approach.  Doesn't seem that dissimilar to what has been achieved above.

CoH is an old game.  2004.  I missed out on the beta and Issue 1 and 2.  By mere months.  My Duo partner was in on the beta and he finally deigned to show me the game I'd read about a year before.  As soon as I saw it...I was hooked as he flew above Steel Canyon with his electricity based blaster alt.

I'd love nothing more than to be able to play the 'early' game right up to the point of Issue 4.  When SO's were all I had to worry about. ;)  Having the community 'leaders' roll out each issue in a time machine of seminal CoX magic.

So, yes.  An exciting development in the MMO space.  'Hope' for the rest of those 'buried' MMO IP games so loved by their fans.

Azrael.

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #5624 on: April 30, 2015, 05:17:10 PM »
Irish_Girl, I just ran across this on Facebook.  Is this you, or is someone else out there claiming to be the lead on the Unreal-4 migration of CoH?

Hey Nyght,
It's not me, however it is actually Revival's lead programmer, and web admin. Many know her as Michiyo/Caitlyn, and in the past as Neo.
"Let's get dangerous..."

SammiK31

• Minion
« Reply #5625 on: April 30, 2015, 05:38:05 PM »
Yes, Batman vs. Superman is the one on my mind...

Suicide Squad Joker could be really good. I like the guy playing him--he's been fantastic in other movies (definite acting talent there), and I'm all for presenting another "version" of the Joker. They (DC) fail if they try to recreate Jack Nicholson's or Heath Ledger's Joker.

I completely agree, though, I'm more of a classic Joker lover, I was introduced to Jack Nickleson Joker, and fell in love instantly. I think the Tim Burton Joker, stays close to the comic Joker, and I think thats why I love him. I like tradition.  But, with that being said, I'm open to the idea of new Joker, more modern, urban Joker. I agree that Jared Leto is just an amazing actor! He can pull anything off, and is not afraid to push the limits and try new things. I also love 30 Seconds To Mars :P

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5626 on: April 30, 2015, 06:53:31 PM »
Actually the topic on my mind is Batman vs Superman!!!
Also, what do people think of Suicide Squads Joker?
Keen, or not Keen?

I'm not so much thinking about Batman v Superman as worried about it.  Not that I think it will be horrible, but rather I'm not sure they are laying the right groundwork for future material.  Its little things that add up; for example the battle with Batman and Superman in TDK didn't have an air of ridiculousness because of context: we were dealing with a world that basically looked like Robocop's old Detroit and there was also a sense of finality to that fight.  In almost any other context Batman in a suit of powered armor doesn't really fit the character: its not like he can just strap on the Hulkbuster in one story and then easily forget about it afterwards.  Even if it works it taps into some iconic Batman imagery for the immediate payoff but might sacrifice some of the options for the future: where do you go with Batman after he's literally brawled with Superman with his fists?  And where do you go with Superman when he's gone toe to toe with a guy in a suit of armor?

Suicide Squad is the project I'm most interested to see how it all plays out.  Its the absolute crap-shoot, in that sense sort of Warner's Guardians of the Galaxy.  You get the feeling its either going to be fantastic, or a disaster, depending on how well they take risks and land them.  Leto's Joker seems to be emblematic of that.  At first, I wasn't keen on the direction they seemed to be going in, but I've come around to the possibilities.  Heath Ledger's Joker was a radical departure in some respects and a big risk, but it paid off in spades.  Leto's Joker could be equally risky and equally rewarding: bringing back more of the "criminal genius" element combined with a more physically dangerous Joker, like Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal Lecter that primarily plays with people's minds but can, if he wants to, be physically ruthless and dangerous.

Ironwolf

• Stubborn as a
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5627 on: April 30, 2015, 07:04:30 PM »

I will donate as soon as I get a new card - some moron tried to buy new shoes in Oregon with my card.

Nyghtshade

• HERC Advisor
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5628 on: April 30, 2015, 07:51:38 PM »
Thanks for the info, Irish_Girl.  I'll try to kick in a little as well.

Cailyn Alaynn

• Elite Boss
  • Never give in.
« Reply #5629 on: April 30, 2015, 07:53:33 PM »
Thanks guys,
Michiyo and I both appreciate it.
"Let's get dangerous..."

Surelle

« Reply #5630 on: April 30, 2015, 08:39:45 PM »
I will donate as soon as I get a new card - some moron tried to buy new shoes in Oregon with my card.

Grrrrrr, that's so aggravating, isn't it?  And your credit takes a hit for that, too.  Someone in CA used my Paypal card to buy shoes on bebe.com last month,  right after the giant Paypal hack.  Good thing I noticed it on the bill; I had never even heard of bebe.com before.  I don't know how some people even sleep at night.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5631 on: April 30, 2015, 11:27:18 PM »
Thanks guys,
Michiyo and I both appreciate it.
Just sent you a contribution.

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5632 on: April 30, 2015, 11:32:26 PM »
Ha, that's nothing!  :)

Years ago, one of my credit card #'s was stolen (free tip - never order food deliveries that insist on a carbon copy of your credit card when they deliver it to your house - cash only, or don't place the order), and they bailed someone out of jail, went out to a big dinner at a restaurant, bought a new wardrobe, and then bought airline tickets out of town!  It was a trip.  I tell my friends it sounds more like the plot of Hollywood movie.

darkgob

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5633 on: April 30, 2015, 11:40:56 PM »

Years ago, one of my credit card #'s was stolen (free tip - never order food deliveries that insist on a carbon copy of your credit card when they deliver it to your house - cash only, or don't place the order), and they bailed someone out of jail, went out to a big dinner at a restaurant, bought a new wardrobe, and then bought airline tickets out of town!  It was a trip.  I tell my friends it sounds more like the plot of Hollywood movie.

Could have been worse.  My mother was once declared dead at her credit card company because her SSN was one digit off from an old woman who had recently died; someone made a typo, so they canceled her card.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5634 on: May 01, 2015, 12:52:57 AM »
Worst I ever had was my credit card being stolen by some idiot who had hacked a doughnut shop I had (at the time) recently purchased doughnuts from.  I don't think I purchased anything from that place again after that.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5635 on: May 01, 2015, 04:25:20 AM »

Restaurants are one of the major sources of credit card fraud.  Many of them practically have VISA's fraud department on speed dial (because when someone claims fraudulent charges on their card, VISA works backward to see if any recent charges were at a location that other people who have reported fraud can also trace back to.  Because restaurants are common nexus for random strangers *and* also have higher fraud rates in general, they are often the first port of call for credit card fraud investigations).

Mindscythe

• Lieutenant
  • "Any world is what you make of it."
    • SoR Radio
« Reply #5636 on: May 01, 2015, 01:27:54 PM »

I'm happy to help. :)
"Radio... Radio... RADIO FREE OPPORTUNITY!"

http://www.profj.org/theradiospeaks/

Michiyo

• Titan Staff
  • Lieutenant
    • SGSpaces
« Reply #5637 on: May 02, 2015, 03:11:35 PM »
Thanks guys I hit my funding goal yesterday, and a few more people donated after the fact!  The parts will be ordered ASAP.

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5638 on: May 02, 2015, 03:51:12 PM »
I donated after since I had said I would on facebook the day before.  Go figure.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

Power Gamer

• Elite Boss
  • Reaching troubled youth...one Hellion at a time!
« Reply #5639 on: May 02, 2015, 06:33:23 PM »
Thanks guys I hit my funding goal yesterday, and a few more people donated after the fact!  The parts will be ordered ASAP.

Congratz Michiyo!
It takes a village to raise a child. And it takes a villain to explain the value of lunch money.

-Random CoHer: "Why does the sky turn green during Rikti invasions?"
-Me:"Rikti Monkey farts"
-Random CoHer: "I'm going to you for all my questions from now on!"