Author Topic: And the mask comes off.  (Read 1750337 times)

Taceus Jiwede

• Time Traveler
  • Elite Boss
Re: And the mask comes off.
« Reply #4820 on: February 03, 2015, 04:14:34 AM »
Last I knew Bungie said there were no plans to develop Destiny for PC.  However, that's really just as well because the end-game grind for ascendant shards/energy gear upgrades, not to mention the extra junk you need to get post-DLC to upgrade gear with, will drive people so crazy they'll quit in a couple months anyway.   I killed myself on PS4 for 2 1/2 months to get all these upgraded exotics, and suddenly post-DLC, the legendary vendor junk was better and I was told to trash everything and start over in a sense.  Pffft to that, I quit and never went back.

If it weren't for the raids and the beautiful mechanics of that game I would of quit 2 weeks in.  Basically Bungie addresses their mistakes with both the DLC and the original game and say they can fix it.  I have hope.  CoH at launch and CoH at sunset were completely different games.  Diablo 3 was awful for the first year.  I just hold on to the idea that it will one day be a great game.  Plus its a lot of fun to play with a bunch of friends I haven't spoken to in years.

Speaking of which

I miss CoH.  Waiting patiently for news.

Remaugen

• Elite Boss
  • Android Clan of One
« Reply #4821 on: February 04, 2015, 06:06:19 AM »
I miss CoH.  Waiting patiently for news.

Same, but I am waiting impatiently, I keep trying CO and DCOU but they just don't do it for me, not eveen for an evening. I need me some CoH!
We're almost there!  ;D

The RNG hates me.

MegaWatt

• Boss
  • No i didnt call security bots......uh oh!
« Reply #4822 on: February 04, 2015, 07:08:32 AM »
I played CO for years but the content just isnt there....CoX had the content and was well worth it - if only i can convince my people of that when/if CoX comes back.
If we set it on fire it'll burn....but that'd leave evidence...I KNOW ! COMPLETE ATOMIZATION! WOOOO!

Baja

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4823 on: February 04, 2015, 10:05:14 AM »
Same, but I am waiting impatiently, I keep trying CO and DCOU but they just don't do it for me, not eveen for an evening. I need me some CoH!

I don't mind DCUO every now and then, mainly because it is easy on the eyes. I get what you're saying though, that game is essentially what CoH would look like if the only thing focused on was end game content. With most games focusing on end game grinds lately I'll be lost in euphoria if I get to slowly work my way back to 50 in our wonderful city.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4824 on: February 04, 2015, 04:59:04 PM »
I don't mind DCUO every now and then, mainly because it is easy on the eyes. I get what you're saying though, that game is essentially what CoH would look like if the only thing focused on was end game content. With most games focusing on end game grinds lately I'll be lost in euphoria if I get to slowly work my way back to 50 in our wonderful city.

Yep, when CoX is back, I plan to level a few toons from 1 to 50 the old-school route.... Through the Hollows and everything.  Ah, great times!  I so miss handing FrostFire his head about 17 times.

Twisted Toon

• New Efforts # 13,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4825 on: February 04, 2015, 05:14:18 PM »
Yep, when CoX is back, I plan to level a few toons from 1 to 50 the old-school route...

There's another way to level?  :o
Hope never abandons you, you abandon it. - George Weinberg

Hope ... is not a feeling; it is something you do. - Katherine Paterson

Nobody really cares if you're miserable, so you might as well be happy. - Cynthia Nelms

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4826 on: February 04, 2015, 05:34:58 PM »
Yep, when CoX is back, I plan to level a few toons from 1 to 50 the old-school route.... Through the Hollows and everything.  Ah, great times!  I so miss handing FrostFire his head about 17 times.

I wonder, when the game returns, who will be the first to get to 50?  You know some people are going to race to 50 as fast as they can.
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

FloatingFatMan

• An Offal
  • Elite Boss
  • Kheldian's Forever!
« Reply #4827 on: February 04, 2015, 05:35:04 PM »

Oh god yes, old school, all the way! No short cut power levelling in the MA for me!

EmmaStyles

• Underling
« Reply #4828 on: February 04, 2015, 05:45:35 PM »
I wonder how many Atlas Parks we will have.  :D
Virtue Server

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4829 on: February 04, 2015, 08:04:38 PM »
All of them.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4830 on: February 04, 2015, 08:13:46 PM »

As many as it takes. :)
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

LaughingAlex

• Giggling like an
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4831 on: February 04, 2015, 08:14:11 PM »
I wonder, when the game returns, who will be the first to get to 50?  You know some people are going to race to 50 as fast as they can.

I won't have to power level to hit 50 fast I will tell you that.  Super teams aplenty with my plans.
Currently; Not doing any streaming, found myself with less time available recently.  Still playing starbound periodically, though I am thinking of trying other games.  Don't tell me to play mmohtg's though please :).  Getting back into participating in VO and the successors again to.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4832 on: February 04, 2015, 08:19:29 PM »
I won't have to power level to hit 50 fast I will tell you that.  Super teams aplenty with my plans.

This reminds me, I'm also gonna race to reform my Supergroup... The Super Hero International Taskforce.

Heroette

• Elite Boss
  • Penelope Pistol lives forever in my heart.
« Reply #4833 on: February 04, 2015, 08:21:05 PM »
They should have a badge just for the first one to get to 50.  I don't know what to name it but it should be unique.

hurple

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4834 on: February 04, 2015, 08:24:53 PM »
There's another way to level?  :o

Well, you could go fight the giant poo-monsters a few times...

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4835 on: February 04, 2015, 08:40:19 PM »
They should have a badge just for the first one to get to 50.  I don't know what to name it but it should be unique.

the "remembered how to make fire farms way too well" badge?

Samuraiko

• Honorary Paragon Dev and
  • Elite Boss
  • EVERYONE LOOK AWESOME - I'M FILMING!
    • The Wandering Crane
« Reply #4836 on: February 04, 2015, 09:10:22 PM »

"Content? What content?"

Or better yet...

"Did I miss something?"

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
The game may be gone, but the videos are still here...
http://www.youtube.com/samuraiko
http://cohtube.blogspot.com

JanessaVR

• New Efforts # 12,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4837 on: February 04, 2015, 09:14:31 PM »
"Content? What content?"

Or better yet...

"Did I miss something?"

Michelle
aka
Samuraiko/Dark_Respite
Heh.  Indeed - they'll be a race for this, I'm sure, and the power-levelers will miss everything to level up in an afternoon.  Towards the end, I'd gone in the exact opposite direction, using ParagonWiki to assemble a spreadsheet of contacts and mission arcs by zone and level that I didn't want to miss.

Pyromantic

• New Efforts # 16,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #4838 on: February 04, 2015, 10:01:04 PM »
I don't plan to level as quickly as possible, but I also don't plan to try doing every possible arc on my way up either.  I imagine there will be a lot of people running DFB to get things rolling, which I expect I will take part in.  I expect I will also take part in my favourite zones such as Faultline and Croatoa.

While I have a looooong list of characters I would like to make eventually, I have it narrowed down to a "short" list of 8 that I intend to make early on, largely representing my favourite ATs (3 controllers, a WS, 1 tank, 1 MM, 1 blaster and 1 dom.  The blaster is the only AT of those I never took to 50.)  Exactly which of those I will focus on at the beginning and which will be the first to 50, I have no idea.  Keep changing my mind.  I don't expect to be one of the earliest getting to 50 again, but I don't think it will take me that long either.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:27:27 PM by Pyromantic »

Beltor

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4839 on: February 04, 2015, 10:23:29 PM »
It'll probably take me a while to hit 50 and i'm planning to enjoy every minute.